Mac os X LynX Theme for Windows 8.1 by ZEUSosX

Mac os X LynX theme is made for using ONLY to a WINDOWS 8.1 system

OsX LynX was a name on past pre decided from S.Jobs's Apple, for a future version of mac osX that never came.

LynX word originated from the Greek word "????".

The use of white Text color to the main window  Titlebar area gives a different look than Apple's osx versions,  white text on transparent background as experimental challenge.

Depending the background, please use the sliders of Brightness and Color intensity, so to fit to your taste.

This is a theme for WIndows 8.1 , made by Pavlos Pitselas (ZEUS osX ) January 2015.

MADE IN GREECE (Hellas).

mac_os_x_lynx_for_windows_8_1_by_zeusosx

Mac os X LynX is a theme with default rounded corners of explorer's window, in os X style , made from ZEUSosX for Windows 8.1.

It is complete New made theme based to the default aero of windows 8.1 theme, and not to any older version.

After the Applying of the themes and the utilities needed (>OldNewExplorer), we have Mac OS X  selecting folder appearance, stripes to details and content view and symmetry to our windows 8.1 system.

Also Details Pane to the right part of window and Preview pane to the Top.

Folderband (command toolbar) contained to Preview pane, so we can appear/disappear both Preview pane and folderband via pressing to the keyboard Alt+P

----------------------------------------------------------------

THEME CATEGORIES AND IDEA BACKGROUND

Main categories of visual styles: Transparent, Brushed. 

Names and styles of Themes:

LynX  ---> transparent with thin 1 pixel  vertical separator

LynX-Touch  ---> transparent, with fatter 9 pixels vertical separator, so it is easier to use with finger to touch systems.

LynX_Classic --> brushed, with fatter 9 pixels vertical separator.

LynX theme have variations just for the 2 categories of scaling, Normal 100%, and Medium 125% , the Medium 125% version named as LynX125(so themes like LynX125 or LynX125_Touch  must be used only to scaling Medium 125% >  So depend to what categories of scaling you select to your system, you must use the correct themes.

To  :

Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display 

check the 'let me choose one scaling level for all my displays'.

To 'Change Only the text size', to all categories you must set TEXT SIZE equal to 9 and please check also the bold, so to look like the preview.

-------------------------------------------

Please USE it only to your COMPUTER SYSTEM as is.

Do not modify, edit , copy it or change the name or the images or the code of it, or use it to any project or copy it anyway in any meaning.

Download from http://zeusosx.deviantart.com/art/Mac-os-X-LynX-for-Windows-8-1-510468431

Thanks for donating.

------------------------------------

great work and I am not saying its bad, rubbish etc. but...

I can not understand why someone would want to make windows look like a mac. If I wanted a mac I would buy a mac. 

Its like people I know who own macs and just run windows on them, why!! ?

• Like 1

Why on windows make osx styles:
Because mac idea , under my opinion[that means i do not answer for the thought of other peoplethat make osx styles] , all the organised base of color schemes, pane [parts of the window], have an attractive logic, elegant and useful construction, your refer is about code + system so I agree that anyone wants a mac Os then buy a mac,what I construct is according the mac os x influence, giving a version under my view for my pc. As you see some elements like Traffic lights and Navigation buttons are complete new and not exist to os x world, if Imade a theme for mac os I would made theme also such.

Why not allow modifications on code and on images:
I do not use mac code, I have made myself hundred thousand parametrs of code for windows so to behave different, and also I have modify and make my own images.
Anyone is free to make his code and his images,as I do. It's other thing to design influence from a construction, and other to copy it.
As why i do not let them modify my images or code, i spent too much effort for writting new code so the windows to behave such as on os x style, having stripes, separate mouse over image for the folder and other image for the text, preview pane at top right, and details pane to left etc etc If someone wants to do the same is free to do this, if he can, I do not copy Apple, but inspire from, I write my code and design my images, so anyone wants to make his theme he has to write his code and to design his images and make his theme.
So anyone can make his own picture, as I do, I give my own picture, not Apple's and not someonelse's.
-----------------

• 3 weeks later...

Mac os X LynX Theme for Windows 8.1 Updated with New Themes * (17 February 2015)

MacosX LynX UPDATED with NEW AloS themes, that having white text on dark taskbar and white light instead of dark shadow around the window.

AloS  originated from the Greek word  ''????'',  halo also known as a nimbus, aureole, glory, or gloriole, is a ring of light that surrounds a person in art, a light that surrounds explorer's window to this case. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_(religious_iconography)

2h2HaW.jpg

Some minor changes to the light blue color to the Breadcrumb of Address bar box.

CE73u8.jpg

1ZdKQ7.jpg

Thanks for donating.

Mac os X LynX Theme for Windows 8.1 Updated with New Themes * (17 February 2015)

MacosX LynX UPDATED with NEW AloS themes, that having white text on dark taskbar and white light instead of dark shadow around the window.

AloS  originated from the Greek word  ''????'',  halo also known as a nimbus, aureole, glory, or gloriole, is a ring of light that surrounds a person in art, a light that surrounds explorer's window to this case. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_(religious_iconography)

2h2HaW.jpg

Some minor changes to the light blue color to the Breadcrumb of Address bar box.

CE73u8.jpg

1ZdKQ7.jpg

Thanks for donating.

Where did you able to get the dock ?  :)

This excellent dock is Rklauncher originally made from RaduKing.
Now download a version that originally made from a USA friend of mine named Yoni (Rafael Rodriguez), and original made to his Windows edge web site which unfortunately stop excisted, and this version of Rklauncher named rk launcher iVista leopard and you can download it from http://prudhvi2011.deviantart.com/art/rk-launcher-iVista-leopard-213561603
Install it , now after install it , to your windows 8.1 it may possible that it does not work, do not panic, if you have a 32bit go to C:\Program Files  , or if you have a 64bit version go to C:\Program Files (x86)  and find the rklauncher folder , then copy/paste it to a safe folder, for example to C:\A 
Now as said if it does not work as to my system, go to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features  and uninstall it, ok? Now search to web and download for example from softpedia the rklauncher http://www.softpedia.com/dyn-postdownload.php/d309984e8f67a71a65cc69d4e8793c7a/54e45a62/7454/4/2 
unzip it and then set it to a safe place forexample to C:\RK_Launcher_04_Beta   
Inside it it has some folders, so open the folder named 'docklets', also open C:\A  the saved  rk-launcher-iVista-leopard and open the  folder named 'docklets'and copy/paste to the C:\RK_Launcher_04_Beta\docklets  ok? now do the same to the folder named 'icons', 'plugins'  and 'themes'.
ok ? now as i refer to my theme instruction > d. MAKING SOME APPLICATION WHICH DOES NOT START WITH THE START OF WINDOWS, ENABLE TO START.> so to C:\RK_Launcher_04_Beta  make a sortcut of the 'RKLauncher' application, then copy/paste it to C:/ProgramData/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Startup 
So now RKLauncher will appear everytime you start your system.
To windows 8.1 it may not work Alladin's effect which minimize beautifully the windows to the dock, also some docklets don't apply as on windows 7, unless if there is a method of compatibility that should work, though I have not succeed it yet this, anyway.
Another version of the dock included looks like  :

gA2VYE.jpg

Mac os X LynX for Windows 8.1

Thanks for donating.

you know i'm fine with making a vs out of inspiration, but just blatantly stealing icons and design cues from OSX is pretty tacky. If you want a mac experience, guess what? Get a mac. You cam't have it both ways.

This is not look like Apple's osx because this is NOT a copy of os X, that's why, colors, images and code are different, if you don't like it do not use it, as for the icons I have report many times sent to Apple that I use and be ready to delete if they demand so. By the way the icons does not include to this theme, as you see to my deviant art  text, package and instructions.

As for all of you want mac os then buy a mac and get the original stuff, I have many times repeat this, my work is my view for osx, and if i made a theme for osX i would made it same as this.

This is for people like this, the rest get your mac.

HRNkWt.jpg

Macos X LynX for Windows 8.1

Thanks for donating.

--------------------------------

you know i'm fine with making a vs out of inspiration, but just blatantly stealing icons and design cues from OSX is pretty tacky. If you want a mac experience, guess what? Get a mac. You cam't have it both ways.

Other than the fact that OSX can't run every windows app...

This work of mine started from 2006 with vista themes and code, and continued up to today. So what you see is not a work of a day , a month, or an year, this is many years work and research of windows code, with no code reference, ihad to explore everything from zero and make and add new thousands of parameters. Windows system is a huge mess, where everything strech and affect to other parts. Bringing symmetry is very very difficult, infact i spent 2 years for setting the symmetry to the window on windows 7 and then pass the code to windows 8 and 8.1, and other 6 months to windows 8.1 for bringing this symmetry not just to the Normal 100% but also to the Medium 125% settings at Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display needed having to all cases a fontsize of 9. Alt + P  open the preview pane to top right containg also the folderband at top of it. From FOLDERBAND Organise we can also open/close Details pane that exists to the right part of the window.

This work is unique and original.

wsNLXB.jpg

uvlj6k.jpg

QzUWwv.jpg

gAvodW.jpg

Macos X LynX for Windows 8.1

Thanks for donating.

--------------------------------

• 6 months later...

hello.....please i tried to download the theme from the URL given below the pictures but it direct me to the same page....please how do i download this theme? Help me out ........

• 2 months later...

hello.....please i tried to download the theme from the URL given below the pictures but it direct me to the same page....please how do i download this theme? Help me out ........

The link i give is the right one, and it is this

now if this does not work to you, and still redirect to this page , do this, copy to your notepad the web address :

http://zeusosx.deviantart.com/art/Mac-os-X-LynX-for-Windows-8-1-510468431

and now paste it to the top of your web browser, at the Address bar section, and press enter (or 'paste and go' command if so)

The current theme is for windows 8.1.

========================