Thinking of buying a D7100 but must decide today / tomorrow

I don't really want to afford a new camera as I have a wedding to pay for, but I think I could squeeze some spare cash.  So here's some info:

• I currently have a D60, which sees not much use, but when it is used, we take a good amount of photos and love the quality of the images we get.
  • I've just got an iPhone 6, which compared with my old Lumia 920, the camera is awful, so not great for taking photos.
  • We're going away on our honeymoon in June.

Nikon have a deal on to get a free MB-D15 battery grip (with about

I would get the 5300 instead and get better lenses as that's what make photos great or just good. The 5300 with the new advancments make it pretty close in some.cases and since you are a P shooter (as am I) then you won't need all the kicks of the 7100 anyways. That

A friend of mine has the 5300 and says the GPS is useless.  But then it is an import from the opposite side of the world :p

I think I need to figure out if the battery grip is worth it.

If not, I can probably wait until May time and pick up a camera then so it'll probably be slightly cheaper.

I second Rogers statement, the fact you don't massively use your current camera imo suggests splashing out on this is a little over kill. Save your money and enjoy your wedding/honeymoon, the memories you make will be worth far more than the Camera you'll replace in a number of years because something new and shiny is out.

except for your size complaint, I see no other reason on why you want to change? Eg performance in FPS, noise, dynamic range... if those aren't limitations, then just get better glass UNTIL you start to see those limitations... and THEN change.

the 7100 is an awesome camera and I wouldn't worry to much about to many features.

as for mirrorless, It's not my cup of tea, but I have to admit it's good and in many ways competitive with proper DSLRs today, even if I have a crappy EOS-M(I got it free so, I wanted a sony NEX5-R or whatever, which is about the same price but well it didn't feel right to the boss to have him order it when we had a store full of EOS-M's :)) At any rate, the Sony's are excellent mirrorless cameras, but the OMD EM-1 is supposed to be the king of them, for random reasons(the sony does have a full APS-C size sensors btw so it effectively is the same as a DSLR, without the mirror, and with somewhat smaller lenses but you will sorta have the same DOF and bokeh). the OMD-EM1 is however quite pricy...  But check out the Sony's good price good quality. but not quite as feature full as a D7100 of course...

the 7100 is an awesome camera and I wouldn't worry to much about to many features.

as for mirrorless, It's not my cup of tea, but I have to admit it's good and in many ways competitive with proper DSLRs today, even if I have a crappy EOS-M(I got it free so, I wanted a sony NEX5-R or whatever, which is about the same price but well it didn't feel right to the boss to have him order it when we had a store full of EOS-M's :)) At any rate, the Sony's are excellent mirrorless cameras, but the OMD EM-1 is supposed to be the king of them, for random reasons(the sony does have a full APS-C size sensors btw so it effectively is the same as a DSLR, without the mirror, and with somewhat smaller lenses but you will sorta have the same DOF and bokeh). the OMD-EM1 is however quite pricy...  But check out the Sony's good price good quality. but not quite as feature full as a D7100 of course...

aye, mirrorless is  good on its own for size and portability. 

Also, there's a sony fullframe mirrorless the A7. thats the sweet spot imo :p though pricey!

Hawkman, you own a EOS-M eh? Get posting here! :

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1241944-neowin-members-digital-gallery-2015/

aye, mirrorless is  good on its own for size and portability. 

Also, there's a sony fullframe mirrorless the A7. thats the sweet spot imo :p though pricey!

Hawkman, you own a EOS-M eh? Get posting here! :

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1241944-neowin-members-digital-gallery-2015/

I got my EOS-M primarily because I want to get a pancake lens and eventually get a bigger 650-800 hex multirotor, where I can use it on a gimbal(it'll be a bit heavy on my 500 quad, besides I'd want the redundancy). I have ended up liking to take pictures with it though, probably mostly because my zoom lens (28-200 or something) on my D7000 seems to have broken, and has focus issues, doing long exposure of fireworks it actually seems to be the IS that's an issue, as all the firework movement has a steady fixed amplitude sine curve throughout their motion, which seems to indicate the IS for some reason has developed a vertical vibration... but it doesn't occur at all times so... need to have it checked out.

Also while I like a big camera, the size of the EOS-M is nice, even if everyone hates it for some reason. (well I know why, lens selection suck bad, and their argument is that sure you can get a EOS or even Nikon adapter, but then your kit is as big as the DSLR... I'm not sure I buy that argument really.. you also get light boost and the camera is still smaller...)

I got my EOS-M primarily because I want to get a pancake lens and eventually get a bigger 650-800 hex multirotor, where I can use it on a gimbal(it'll be a bit heavy on my 500 quad, besides I'd want the redundancy). I have ended up liking to take pictures with it though, probably mostly because my zoom lens (28-200 or something) on my D7000 seems to have broken, and has focus issues, doing long exposure of fireworks it actually seems to be the IS that's an issue, as all the firework movement has a steady fixed amplitude sine curve throughout their motion, which seems to indicate the IS for some reason has developed a vertical vibration... but it doesn't occur at all times so... need to have it checked out.

Also while I like a big camera, the size of the EOS-M is nice, even if everyone hates it for some reason. (well I know why, lens selection suck bad, and their argument is that sure you can get a EOS or even Nikon adapter, but then your kit is as big as the DSLR... I'm not sure I buy that argument really.. you also get light boost and the camera is still smaller...)

All i'm reading is "I take pictures, but don't post to neowin cause i'm too cool for it :p "

On topic, isnt IS on the lens for nikon, meaning its your lens and not the D7000 body that has issues?

All i'm reading is "I take pictures, but don't post to neowin cause i'm too cool for it :p "

On topic, isnt IS on the lens for nikon, meaning its your lens and not the D7000 body that has issues?

yes, that's why I said lens :p at least I think I did.

and I haven't taken much pictures, I live in a tourist town, all the good motives are already photographed a million times :p

yes, that's why I said lens :p at least I think I did.

and I haven't taken much pictures, I live in a tourist town, all the good motives are already photographed a million times :p

a mil + one never hurt!