Dopamine

15 hours ago, Ned said:

Awesome.  Hey, I think the file renaming issue was happening in 1.5.14 as well...I think.

That's definitely possible. That cr*p piece of code has been in there like almost forever :) 

I'm currently rewriting how deletion of entries of a playlist file occurs. It'll work correctly in Preview 5.

These are the issues that are already fixed for preview 5:

- [Fixed] Fixed incorrect sorting for Artists and Genres because prefix "The" wasn't ignored anymore since preview 2

- [Fixed] Fixed invisible text on some context menus

• Like 1

Dopamine 2.0 Preview 5 is available!

Here’s the change log:

– [Changed] Updated the German translation
– [Changed] Updated the Swedish translation
– [Changed] Removed song covers in playlists. Loading so many images in memory causes a huge memory footprint.
– [Changed] Created and enabled the light theme
– [Fixed] Fixed incorrect sorting for Artists and Genres because the prefix “The” wasn’t ignored anymore since preview 2
– [Fixed] Fixed invisible text on some context menus
– [Fixed] Fixed an issue deleting entries from playlists, after files have been removed from or renamed on disk.
– [Fixed] Fixed playback order being alphabetical when enqueuing from Explorer (This would not have been a problem if humans and computers used the same sort order. One hour of my life I’ll never get back)
– [Fixed] Fixed inconsistent UI when the player reaches the minimum window size

Enjoy!

Download here

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Raphaël.

I'm pretty happy about dopamine. I honestly think it's the best music player i've stumbled upon. I wanted to thank you for that first.

Now, you see... on page 98 of this thread, you mentioned that you fixed a bug related to MiniLyrics, and I wanted to ask for your help, because I can't make MiniLyrics detect your player.

Those two are compatible? If that's the case, can you please teach me or show me how to make it work? Thanks.

On 12/18/2018 at 10:34 AM, ljod said:

Hi, Raphaël.

I'm pretty happy about dopamine. I honestly think it's the best music player i've stumbled upon. I wanted to thank you for that first.

Now, you see... on page 98 of this thread, you mentioned that you fixed a bug related to MiniLyrics, and I wanted to ask for your help, because I can't make MiniLyrics detect your player.

Those two are compatible? If that's the case, can you please teach me or show me how to make it work? Thanks.

Hi,

Dopamine doesn't work together with Minilyrics. Dopamine however has a built-in lyrics downloader and displays the lyrics in the now playing screen.

Dopamine 2.0 Preview 6 has just been released! This preview fixes some annoying issues.

Here’s the change log:

– [Fixed] Fixed a crash which occurs when the “Folders” screen tries to access an inexisting directory
– [Fixed] Top border is missing when 1px border is enabled
– [Fixed] Fixed more potential memory leaks
– [Fixed] Artists and Genres selectors are cut off when the left pane is too narrow
– [Fixed] Added an extra button to access Now Playing
– [Fixed] Fixed a bug where it wasn’t possible to change the album cover for albums where the album title contains accents

As usual, you can download it here.

1 hour ago, Raphaël G. said:

Hi,

Dopamine doesn't work together with Minilyrics. Dopamine however has a built-in lyrics downloader and displays the lyrics in the now playing screen.

Oh. Okay, thanks.

I just wanted to know if it did. Now that I know for sure that it doesn't, I'll  start attaching the .lrc files to the .mp3's "Unsynced Lyrics" Tag, That way, Dopamine can show a sort of... not-so-perfect karaoke (NOT BECAUSE OF DOPAMINE. Dopamine it's the best player for Windows 10; hands down. It's just the way .lrc file's internal scripting/encoding (?) works.)

(I have 500 songs. It's gonna take a while. That's why I wanted to know if I didn't have to, but now that you told me this, I know for sure I better start soon.)

Thank you.

23 hours ago, Raphaël G. said:

Dopamine 2.0 Preview 6 has just been released! This preview fixes some annoying issues.

Here’s the change log:

– [Fixed] Fixed a crash which occurs when the “Folders” screen tries to access an inexisting directory
– [Fixed] Top border is missing when 1px border is enabled
– [Fixed] Fixed more potential memory leaks
– [Fixed] Artists and Genres selectors are cut off when the left pane is too narrow
– [Fixed] Added an extra button to access Now Playing
– [Fixed] Fixed a bug where it wasn’t possible to change the album cover for albums where the album title contains accents

As usual, you can download it here.

Awesome! Thanks as always! 😁
Though, I don't see the updated Spanish translation in this build changelog. Did you get my e-mail? 🤔

14 hours ago, Jackaluichi said:

Though, I don't see the updated Spanish translation in this build changelog. Did you get my e-mail? 🤔

I want to see the Bulgarian too, is my email received? Also there I mentioned a bug

21 hours ago, Jackaluichi said:

7 hours ago, kukata said:

I want to see the Bulgarian too, is my email received? Also there I mentioned a bug

Hi @Jackaluichi and @kukata,

I got both your messages, but I lost track of it. It's an error of my part, sorry for that. Thanks a lot for your efforts keeping these translations up to date. I'm processing them tonight and they'll appear in the next preview.

53 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

I got both your messages, but I lost track of it. It's an error of my part, sorry for that. Thanks a lot for your efforts keeping these translations up to date. I'm processing them tonight and they'll appear in the next preview.

No worries, mate. Just didn't know if you'd received it or not. Thanks for getting back to us 😉

2 hours ago, Raphaël G. said:

Now he needs to add Romulan and Klingon to the languages. :D

Great app none the less!

Always appreciate work from a person who created a nice app from nothing.

2 hours ago, Jackaluichi said:

No worries, mate. Just didn't know if you'd received it or not. Thanks for getting back to us 😉

You're welcome :)

1 hour ago, Q-truth said:

Now he needs to add Romulan and Klingon to the languages. :D

Great app none the less!

Always appreciate work from a person who created a nice app from nothing.

You know, I'd actually add those if someone would provide them :)

1 hour ago, Raphaël G. said:

You're welcome :)

You know, I'd actually add those if someone would provide them :)

It would be awesome, right? Such a shame my knoweledge on Romulan and Klingon is equal to zilch 🤣

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, WesleyS said:

Looks like Project "Dopamine" is terminated. Am I right? Nothing new from December 2018 😢

No it's not. I did take a break from Dopamine for a few weeks though. Life has been rather challenging, and I wanted to spent my remaining time and energy on another project, which is now nearing completion.

I started the planning for the next Dopamine preview a few days ago and will proceed with development in a few days.

• Like 3

On 3/12/2019 at 12:17 PM, Raphaël G. said:

No it's not. I did take a break from Dopamine for a few weeks though. Life has been rather challenging, and I wanted to spent my remaining time and energy on another project, which is now nearing completion.

I started the planning for the next Dopamine preview a few days ago and will proceed with development in a few days.

Hurrah!!! 🤓