Dopamine

2 hours ago, ViperAFK said:

I've always seen it as it's own button in other media players (and I'd personally prefer that as I don't using ratings)

I think I can add that. I'll have to remove the heart rating system and use the hearts for last.fm love. I think nobody will miss them :), star rating is most popular.

6 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

I think I can add that. I'll have to remove the heart rating system and use the hearts for last.fm love. I think nobody will miss them :), star rating is most popular.

I will miss it... I use it as I don't like the star method, but I will do what I have to do :p

2 minutes ago, Ravensky said:

I will miss it... I use it as I don't like the star method, but I will do what I have to do :p

Aaarghh :) I'll see if I can think of something else.

3 hours ago, ViperAFK said:

I've always seen it as it's own button in other media players (and I'd personally prefer that as I don't using ratings)

Issue created: https://github.com/digimezzo/Dopamine/issues/176. Planned for 1.2 release. Unless I bump into serious challenges.

Do you like to add this? :happy:

I think it's a little more pleasant, beyond being a small detail, personally, I find a little odd the very square interfaces :dontgetit:

You're doing a great project (Y)
Sorry if my english is not good :unsure:

without modification.png

with modification.png

On 10/15/2016 at 2:56 PM, Raphaël G. said:

Issue created: https://github.com/digimezzo/Dopamine/issues/176. Planned for 1.2 release. Unless I bump into serious challenges.

Awesome :) This was pretty much the only feature I was missing from dopamine

I just wanted to say I really appreciate what you've done with dopamine. It's coming along really nicely and is my main audio player now, most polished interface out of any windows media player and has some nice features (I love the recently added album art download function)

On 10/16/2016 at 7:59 PM, SimplementeJuan said:

Do you like to add this? :happy:

I think it's a little more pleasant, beyond being a small detail, personally, I find a little odd the very square interfaces :dontgetit:

You're doing a great project (Y)
Sorry if my english is not good :unsure:

without modification.png

with modification.png

Not sure. I'd have to try it out first and see the effect on the rest of the player. Thanks for the suggestion!

7 hours ago, ViperAFK said:

Awesome :) This was pretty much the only feature I was missing from dopamine

I just wanted to say I really appreciate what you've done with dopamine. It's coming along really nicely and is my main audio player now, most polished interface out of any windows media player and has some nice features (I love the recently added album art download function)

Thanks! I'm glad you like it :)

57 minutes ago, FiB3R said:

Better?

I don't think it looks quite right as the curves are not equal to the other curves and they can't be due to the letter placement. I personally think it's ok as it is.

Now actual album selection on the other hand... I'm still not very keen on the blue filter big tick over the artwork.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dakn said:

I don't think it looks quite right as the curves are not equal to the other curves and they can't be due to the letter placement. I personally think it's ok as it is.

Now actual album selection on the other hand... I'm still not very keen on the blue filter big tick over the artwork.

What do you mean not equal? I copy and pasted them, so that are exactly the same. And they match the search bar.

Not sure if I'm 100% sold on the idea myself, but I don't think it looks bad.

On 21/10/2016 at 3:10 PM, dakn said:

Maybe it's just deceptive to my eye because they are further out than the letters. When aligned equally then the text is tight inside the curve.

selection.png

ok, I see what you mean.

I did move the highlight slightly to the left or right in order to give enough padding around the text. It would have been better to indent the heading text instead.

Hi all. Thanks for you mock ups! I'm not sure I like any rounding in the selections yet though. I'll let the idea mature in my head first :) 

Meanwhile, a new preview of Dopamine is available:

Dopamine 1.2 Build 753 (Preview)

- [Added] Added lyrics support (edit lyrics + screen to display lyrics while playing) - [Added] Added an option to modify how much volume changes when scrolling with the mouse on the volume bar - [Added] Collection refresh on startup is now optional - [Changed] "See you later" screen when closing is only displayed when there are background tasks remaining - [Changed] Improved the "Follow song" description as it was confusing - [Changed] Improved the quality of the cloud screen covers - [Fixed] Dopamine now respects Windows case insensitivity for files and folder names

Download + info here

When upgrading from a previous preview build, you might bump into the "Oops" screen at startup. If you click the "Show details" button on that screen, you notice that Dopamine complains that Dopamine.db.old already exists. That is because this build tries to update your database to the latest version, but before doing that, it creates a backup of it, under the file Dopamine.db.old

I forgot to make it delete the previous .old file before creating a new one. That causes this error. You can resolve it by deleting the file %appdata%\Dopamine\Dopamine.db.old manually and then starting Dopamine again. I'll fix this issue for the next preview.

• Like 3

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 0:02 PM, Raphaël G. said:

Hi all. Thanks for you mock ups! I'm not sure I like any rounding in the selections yet though. I'll let the idea mature in my head first :) 

- [Added] Added lyrics support (edit lyrics + screen to display lyrics while playing) - [Added] Added an option to modify how much volume changes when scrolling with the mouse on the volume bar - [Added] Collection refresh on startup is now optional - [Changed] "See you later" screen when closing is only displayed when there are background tasks remaining - [Changed] Improved the "Follow song" description as it was confusing - [Changed] Improved the quality of the cloud screen covers - [Fixed] Dopamine now respects Windows case insensitivity for files and folder names

Download + info here

Please no rounded selection boxes...looks terrible imo.

On 10/27/2016 at 2:02 AM, Raphaël G. said:

Download + info here

What kind of lyric it supports? The embedded one? or .srt file?

5 hours ago, Tejoenardo said:

What kind of lyric it supports? The embedded one? or .srt file?

Embedded

Just attempted to install the latest preview and now it won't start, when I click show details I get....

The file 'C:\Users\pmciver\AppData\Roaming\Dopamine\Dopamine.db.old' already exists.

Something I did wrong?

EDIT: To work around it, I renamed Dopamine.db.old to OldDopamine.db.old and tried again and it's opened up fine this time around, let me know if you need anything more.

2 hours ago, Skiver said:

Just attempted to install the latest preview and now it won't start, when I click show details I get....

Something I did wrong?

EDIT: To work around it, I renamed Dopamine.db.old to OldDopamine.db.old and tried again and it's opened up fine this time around, let me know if you need anything more.

He is fixing this with next release, a couple of posts above yours he discusses this :)

Next preview will add a "Love" button, which can send "Love" & "Unlove" to Last.fm, if you provided a Last.fm account and if you're signed in. The rating and love buttons can independently be shown and hidden in the settings.

Love.png

Hi all,

A new preview of Dopamine v1.2 is available. This is the change log:

– [Added] Added a ‘Love’ button which can send ‘Love’ and ‘Unlove’ requests to Last.fm
– [Changed] Sorting by album on the Songs screen now respects the track order inside an album
– [Changed] Updated the Greek translation
– [Fixed] Fixed “Follow the Windows color”. It was broken since version 1.1.
– [Fixed] Fixed a bug where lyrics from MiniLyrics didn’t work because they’re using 2 digits for milliseconds instead of 3

You can download it over here.