Dopamine

Jan

I don't see it on the downloads page  :/

+Raphaël G.

I don't see it on the downloads page  :/

Woops. Fixed! :)

+Zlip792

Congrats for taking musiX to this level, no doubt that player was amazing and I expect this would be much better. Best Wishes and keep it up...

• Like 1

Jan

Ay thank you :)

Keep up the great work Raphael :)

-

So far so good, performance is pretty darn good and the UI looks great :)

Not particularly a fan of the large 'dopamine' logo in the centre of the titlebar however.

• Like 1

Skiver

YAY!!!!!

I'll make sure this gets some good use over the next week :)

• Like 1

tsupersonic

Nice! Just a suggestion, you should have more default colors (I assume these are coming in future builds), but I do love that you can create create custom color schemes easily!

• Like 1

+Zagadka

Looks very nice, ++ on the UI. I'll see how it works.

One thing I miss in most players is a thin horizontal mode to play on top of other windows.

• Like 1

+Raphaël G.

Looks very nice, ++ on the UI. I'll see how it works.

One thing I miss in most players is a thin horizontal mode to play on top of other windows.

That can be done. I've created a Task in Visual Studio Online (which I use to manage my projects) so I don't forget about it.

floopydoodle

Fantastic UI design. I would say the only thing that bothers me is the huge custom title bar font. It's not common to see that, that's why it sticks out. It feels somewhat tacky.

Leave the custom font for splash screen and/or product branding.

• Like 1

+Raphaël G.

Nice! Just a suggestion, you should have more default colors (I assume these are coming in future builds), but I do love that you can create create custom color schemes easily!

That will probably happen. I didn't have much inspiration for nice looking colors yet :rofl: And indeed, you can add colors yourself too :)

Mando

Very slick mate, FYI it runs perfectly fine in W10 TP x64 ;)

Anibal P

Looks really nice!

Am already using it, will of course report any issues/errors

+Zlip792

I have few personal suggestion, if it could be possible in future builds.

- Duplicate Song Finder

Means find same songs and then suggest to extract out each copy of them in one separate folder and delete rest of files from other folders.

Scenario:

I have 5 to 6 folders, About 50+ songs will surely repeat in them, so I want to delete all songs from these folders and extract them in one new folder (to make new collection properly).

Just if it possible. It sleek looking UI.

- Option to start Dopamine right after setup finish, like usually software have tick mark to allow opening software after installation

I hope you don't mind these suggestions in just preview release. I know you will do good job with this player.

• Like 1

+Raphaël G.

Ay thank you :)

Keep up the great work Raphael :)

-

So far so good, performance is pretty darn good and the UI looks great :)

Not particularly a fan of the large 'dopamine' logo in the centre of the titlebar however.

Fantastic UI design. I would say the only thing that bothers me is the huge custom title bar font. It's not common to see that, that's why it sticks out. It feels somewhat tacky.

Leave the custom font for splash screen and/or product branding.

Thanks for the tip. I'll sure think about that. There are some ideas spawning in my head :)

+Raphaël G.

I have few personal suggestion, if it could be possible in future builds.

- Duplicate Song Finder

Means find same songs and then suggest to extract out each copy of them in one separate folder and delete rest of files from other folders.

Scenario:

I have 5 to 6 folders, About 50+ songs will surely repeat in them, so I want to delete all songs from these folders and extract them in one new folder (to make new collection properly).

Just if it possible. It sleek looking UI.

- Option to start Dopamine right after setup finish, like usually software have tick mark to allow opening software after installation

I hope you don't mind these suggestions in just preview release. I know you will do good job with this player.

I don't mind at all. Thanks for the suggestions. I've added these 2 as tasks in my Project.

• Like 1

TAZMINATOR

Dopamine?  Sounds like "Drop a Mine"

KABOOM!

:p

Good job!

• Like 1

chrisj1968

Raphael.. that is absolutely amazing! That looks a lot better than most commercial programs out there. definitely will be downloading this.

Please, whatever you do, DO NOT SELL this. everytime someone sells an awesome program like this, it ends up being destroyed. where do I donate?

• Like 1

+Raphaël G.

Raphael.. that is absolutely amazing! That looks a lot better than most commercial programs out there. definitely will be downloading this.

Please, whatever you do, DO NOT SELL this. everytime someone sells an awesome program like this, it ends up being destroyed. where do I donate?

Thanks a lot!

Concerning selling. I don't think we have to worry about that yet :) It's still very far from doing what it should.

There is a donate button in the application's About screen. It leads to my PayPal link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=ZHEXYNH8ALM5N

chrisj1968
  • Like 3

chrisj1968

I pointed to my music folder but for some reason it didn't list the music that I have. I just simply pointed to "this PC/Music" I have some ripped CD's but a larger amazon music folder too.

for the time being, point to the folder above where the mp3 files are.

Raph, could you code it to list our songs by pointing to our thisPC/music folder? some have a huge selection of music like I do. then have it search subfolders? hope I'm not asking alot since I have such a massive collection of music. 

+Raphaël G.

ok I'm a disabled veterean on a fixed income but, when I can this month, near the end, I will definitely donate. this is awesome.

Don't worry too much about it. It is very optional :)

I pointed to my music folder but for some reason it didn't list the music that I have. I just simply pointed to "this PC/Music" I have some ripped CD's but a larger amazon music folder too.

What audio format are your files? I forgot to mention (I did with musiX, but didn't think of it for dopamine) that it only supports: mp3, ogg, flac and m4a/aac.

Also, under Settings -> Collection, it should show you the folder you pointed to. Has "this PC/Music" been translated to the actual path on your computer?

+Raphaël G.

for the time being, point to the folder above where the mp3 files are.

Raph, could you code it to list our songs by pointing to our thisPC/music folder? some have a huge selection of music like I do. then have it search subfolders? hope I'm not asking alot since I have such a massive collection of music. 

I'm ready to do a lot, as long as I understand the problem :rofl:. On my computer (however I'm not excluding this might react differently on other machines), when I point it to "This PC/Music" this is automatically translated to the actual path where "This PC/Music" is located, which is "c:\Users\Rapha

Osiris

Looks awesome Raph.

WMP does the job for me but tempted to try this due to the cool UI.

• Like 1

+Raphaël G.

Looks awesome Raph.

WMP does the job for me but tempted to try this due to the cool UI.

Thank! And no worries. Feature-wise, I'm no match for WMP yet :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chandrakant
      Amazon introduces The Golden Era Vinyl subscription service
      by Chandrakant Isi

Vinyl records, the last bastion of analog music in this digital world, has been making a strong comeback. Last year, over 27 million LPs were sold in the US. It is a clear indication that not only the nostalgic folks but also the newer generation has a fascination for vinyl records. To make most of this trend, Amazon, which already lists hundreds of thousand records in its catalog, has announced a new vinyl subscription service.

Dubbed as 'Vinyl of the Month Club: The Golden Era', it offers a single album on vinyl every month. For those not in the know, the golden era of vinyl refers to the 60s and 70s. The service seems like a good idea for young vinyl enthusiasts planning to build their collection. Amazon claims that a monthly record is picked by its experts at Amazon Music. So far, Amazon has revealed that subscribers will get a chance to enjoy the work of legendary artists such as Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Miles Davis, and Fleetwood Mac.

Upon subscribing to the service, you can find out the current month's album from Amazon's orders page. If you already own that album or it doesn't interest you, simply skip the month's package from the 'Manage Your Subscriptions' page. Amazon also allows subscribers to return a vinyl as long as its packing is intact.

Amazon's Vinyl of the Month Club subscription costs $24.99 per month. The pricing is not bad considering that the cost of popular LPs varies wildly. For instance, Led Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti currently sells for $34.69 on Amazon.

Amazon's idea seems inspired by the Columbia Record Club from the 50s. Conceived in 1955, it was the first venture to offer music through the mail. The company offered a complimentary record to boost its membership numbers. It was a huge success back then as the company was shipping over seven million vinyl records by 1957.

• By Copernic
      foobar2000 1.6.6
      by Razvan Serea

foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. It features the simplest, most minimalistic interface you'll ever see in this kind of program. Other features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.

foobar2000 features:

Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components. Gapless playback. Full unicode support. Easily customizable user interface layout. Advanced tagging capabilities. Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component. Full ReplayGain support. Customizable keyboard shortcuts. Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player foobar2000 1.6.6 changelog:

Made Advanced Preferences searchable. Added support for attaching pictures to Matroska files; fixed Matroska tag editing bugs. More accurate reporting of Matroska bitrate (actual content is probed if needed). Added itunesadvisory tag support for M4A. Updated embedded cuesheet handling code. Replaced PPHS resampler with much faster libretro resampler. Added support for internet radio album art. Converter: Encoded FLAC files are now updated with proper FLAC seektables, if FLAC.exe doesn't write them by itself. Converter: Workarounds for clashes when writing to a Media Library indexed folder. Converter: Added built-in profile for exhale AAC encoder. Converter: Fixed some warning prompts not being possible to permanently disable. Fixed slightly inaccurate bitrate reporting for Musepack and WavPack. Tags are now excluded from file size used to calculate the bitrate. Now compiled with Visual Studio 2019 (was 2017 before). Album art related regressions fixed. (beta 2) Worked around 7-zip reading crash. (beta 2) Fixed missing no-artwork pic in some scenarios. (beta 3) Fixed slower playlist & library search regression from earlier betas. (beta 4) Fixed failure to read some rare MP4/M4A files. (beta 5) Converter: Added a toggle for FLAC seektable fix. (beta 5) Fixed Default UI playlist rendering glitches with millions of items. (beta 6) Fixed decoding of 7-channel FLAC files. (beta 7) Made FLAC channel mask not cleared with 'remove tags'. (beta 7) Improved compatibility with badly configured HLS radio servers. (beta 7) Fixed odd samplerate autoresampling regression from earlier betas. (beta 8) Download page: foobar2000 1.6.6 | 4.5 MB (Freeware)
      Links: Home Page | foobar2000 for Mac | Windows Store | Android

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By Copernic
      iTunes 12.11.3
      by Razvan Serea

iTunes is a free application for Windows PCs. It plays all your digital music and video. It syncs content to your iPod, iPhone, and Apple TV. And it's an entertainment superstore that stays open 24/7.

Organize your music into playlists Edit file information Record compact discs Copy files to an iPod or other digital audio player Purchase music and videos on the Internet through the built-in iTunes store Run a visualizer to display graphical effects in time to the music Encode music into a number of different audio formats. Changes in iTunes 12.11.3:

This update includes security improvements and adds support for new devices. Download: iTunes 12.11.3 (32-bit) | 168.0 MB (Freeware)
      Download: iTunes 12.11.3 (64-bit) | 191.0 MB
      Links: Apple iTunes Website

• By Copernic
      foobar2000 1.6.6 Beta 1
      by Razvan Serea

foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. It features the simplest, most minimalistic interface you'll ever see in this kind of program. Other features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.

foobar2000 features:

Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components. Gapless playback. Full unicode support. Easily customizable user interface layout. Advanced tagging capabilities. Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component. Full ReplayGain support. Customizable keyboard shortcuts. Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player foobar2000 1.6.6 Beta 1 changelog:

Made Advanced Preferences searchable. Added support for attaching pictures to Matroska files; fixed Matroska tag editing bugs. More accurate reporting of Matroska bitrate (actual content is probed if needed). Added itunesadvisory tag support for M4A. Updated embedded cuesheet handling code. Replaced PPHS resampler with much faster libretro resampler. Added support for internet radio album art. Converter: Encoded FLAC files are now updated with proper FLAC seektables, if FLAC.exe doesn't write them by itself. Converter: Workarounds for clashes when writing to a Media Library indexed folder. Converter: Added built-in profile for exhale AAC encoder. Converter: Fixed some warning prompts not being possible to permanently disable. Fixed slightly inaccurate bitrate reporting for Musepack and WavPack. Tags are now excluded from file size used to calculate the bitrate. Now compiled with Visual Studio 2019 (was 2017 before). Download page: foobar2000 1.6.6 Beta 1 | 4.5 MB (Freeware)

• By Copernic
      foobar2000 1.6.5
      by Razvan Serea

foobar2000 features:

Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components. Gapless playback. Full unicode support. Easily customizable user interface layout. Advanced tagging capabilities. Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component. Full ReplayGain support. Customizable keyboard shortcuts. Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player foobar2000 1.6.5 changelog:

Rewritten internal 7-zip support - now opens large files without running out of memory. Updated ReplayGain scanner: improved speed, added classic ReplayGain scanning mode as an option. Converter now warns about conversion of float32 to integer format, as it is not lossless if the source file isn't peak-normalized. "Remove Tags" now retains Apple gapless (iTunSMPB) information on MP3 files. Rationale: tag manipulation should not cause the file to decode differently. Opt-out of this behavior in Advancd Preferences. Fixed some M4A chapter titles not reading correctly. Added support for itunescatalogid for M4A files. Fixes for instability from extreme 7-zip reader memory usage. Fixed a glitch in ReplayGain scanner preferences. Download page: foobar2000 1.6.5 | 4.5 MB (Freeware)