Jaybonaut
On 1/28/2018 at 4:56 AM, Raphaël G. said:

Yes it is. I'd wait a day though. I discovered an issue in version 1.5.8, where albums don't show when an artist or genre only has 1 album. I'm working on a fix.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
+Raphaël G.

HI everyone! Dopamine 1.5.10 has just been released. This is the change log:

2018-02-10: Dopamine 1.5.10

- [Added] Added option to center lyrics
- [Fixed] Fixed an issue where indexing fails completely if at least 1 subdirectory is inaccessible
- [Fixed] Fixed checkboxes to show/hide folders from collection are not displayed
- [Fixed] Fixed high memory usage when shuffling a lot of songs

Download here

• Like 3
+Zagadka

Cheers for the updates

Just reporting, Avast scanned the update installer for malware, but cleared it. No big deal.

+Raphaël G.
22 minutes ago, Zagadka said:

Cheers for the updates

Just reporting, Avast scanned the update installer for malware, but cleared it. No big deal.

Sadly, Avast does this on almost every release. I scan each release with NOD32 before publishing. Enjoy!

jazzhole

Loving the player.  Now my primary player on the PC. Is it possible to add the ability to Tweet now playing tracks?

Thanks

• Like 1
+Raphaël G.
On 2/10/2018 at 11:00 PM, jazzhole said:

Loving the player.  Now my primary player on the PC. Is it possible to add the ability to Tweet now playing tracks?

Thanks

Thanks for loving it! There is currently no Twitter integration. I'm however working on a plugin system, which will allow plugging anything to playback events, including Twitter. I might create the Twitter plugin myself.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
FiB3R

Albums showing up multiple times. ID3 tags look fine.

2018-02-22_14-33-10b.thumb.jpg.58b857e1adb7bed0fef883cf8f64d8e4.jpg

+Raphaël G.
11 minutes ago, FiB3R said:

Albums showing up multiple times. ID3 tags look fine.

2018-02-22_14-33-10b.thumb.jpg.58b857e1adb7bed0fef883cf8f64d8e4.jpg

Please check the F.A.Q. https://www.digimezzo.com/software/dopamine-f-a-q/

Could it be a case of Why are some of my songs not grouped in one album?

I get this "issue" a lot. Next versions of Dopamine will ignore album artist and just group on album title.

• Like 4
FiB3R

Album artist is blank

helium11_2018-02-22_17-35-11.thumb.png.d2d4783b042dec9269c44760699e4924.png

Glad to hear you are making that change, I think a ton of my files will benefit :)

• 4 weeks later...
+Raphaël G.

HI all,

Dopamine 1.5.11 was just released. Mostly compatibility fixes in this one. I got a lot of reports of audio files not playing. This seemed caused by an incompatibility with 32 bits versions of Windows, and the infamous Windows N editions. I'd like to resolve some annoyances (like the album thingie above) in the next version.

This is the change log.

2018-03-21: Dopamine 1.5.11

- [Added] Added support for N editions of Windows (Even without Media Feature Pack)
- [Changed] Updated the Chinese (Simplified) translation
- [Changed] Updated the Croatian translation
- [Changed] Updated the Greek translation
- [Changed] Updated the Korean translation
- [Changed] Updated the Portuguese (Portugal) translation
- [Changed] Updated the Swedish translation
- [Fixed] Fixed a crash which happens just after startup on some editions of Windows 10
- [Fixed] Playback fails on 32 bit Windows versions

Download here

• Like 4
cranky-alpha

made an account just to tell you how great this app is! loving it! I've tried so many pc music players but most of them suck.

one suggestion : option to change the app colour to random whenever a new song is played?

cranky-alpha

One more thing : can you please add a hotkey to play the next track? that would be really helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
+Raphaël G.

Dopamine 1.5.12 has just been released!

This is the change log:

– [Added] Songs can now be added to Now Playing by dragging audio and playlist files from Explorer
– [Changed] Updated the Russian translation
– [Changed] Updated the Vietnamese translation
– [Fixed] Files cannot be enqueued from Windows Explorer since version 1.5.11

Download here: https://www.digimezzo.com/content/software/dopamine/

• Like 2
Jackaluichi
2 hours ago, Raphaël G. said:

Dopamine 1.5.12 has just been released!

This is the change log:

– [Added] Songs can now be added to Now Playing by dragging audio and playlist files from Explorer
– [Changed] Updated the Russian translation
– [Fixed] Files cannot be enqueued from Windows Explorer since version 1.5.11

Download here: https://www.digimezzo.com/content/software/dopamine/

Thanks for the new update, mate!
Cheers :D

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
+Raphaël G.

Hi everyone. Dopamine 1.5.13 has just been released. This is the change log:

– [Changed] Improved parsing of timestamped lyrics
– [Changed] Updated the Chinese (Simplified) translation
– [Changed] Updated the Korean translation
– [Changed] Updated the Portuguese (Portugal) translation
– [Changed] Updated the Spanish translation
– [Changed] Updated the Swedish translation
– [Fixed] Fixed MetroLyrics parsing issues
– [Fixed] Spectrum styles are not localized

Download and info here: https://www.digimezzo.com/2018/04/18/dopamine-1-5-13/

• Like 5
Neyht
3 hours ago, Raphaël G. said:

– [Changed] Improved parsing of timestamped lyrics

– [Fixed] Fixed MetroLyrics parsing issues (thank you)

It doesn't display the empty lines in the lyrics anymore. (edit: When there are time stamps)  Not a major issue, but this seems to change from release to release.  I guess I need to timestamp the empty lines.

+Raphaël G.
8 hours ago, Ned said:

It doesn't display the empty lines in the lyrics anymore. (edit: When there are time stamps)  Not a major issue, but this seems to change from release to release.  I guess I need to timestamp the empty lines.

Don't mess up your lyrics yet. I'll try to find out how it should work tonight.

+Raphaël G.
5 hours ago, dauma said:

Dopamine has real random playback?

Please define "real" :) 

dauma
45 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

Please define "real" :) 

Not shuffle, just random :)

+Raphaël G.

I've never given it much thought. Are suffle and random defined by this? (found on the web):

Random: if you have a list of 100 songs, a random number is chosen in the range of (1..100) and then the song representing that number is played next. Each time a selection is made from 100 songs.
Shuffle: selects 1 song as the method above and removes it from the 100 list. So the next selection of a random song is made from 99 songs. Next, 98 songs and so on, until the list is empty.

So with random, a song can be repeated .With shuffle, it won't, until the complete list has been played.

Is that how you mean it? I yes, Dopamine uses "shuffle", not "random".

Which is usually preferred by users: shuffle or random?

When using random, and pressing "Previous" does one expect the previously played song to play, or just another random song? Because for shuffle, most players seem to remember the previously played song.

• Like 1
dauma
15 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

Dopamine uses "shuffle", not "random".

In WinAmp there's a problem with 'shuffle' enabled on randomized list. When turning it off I found many long time unheard songs. So it would be nice to hear random songs :)

+Raphaël G.
On 18/4/2018 at 11:01 PM, Ned said:

I'm fixing this issue. The LRC format has given me some headaches. But I'm now improving the LRC parser and adding some automated tests which will prevent behavior to change between releases.

I'll soon release a 15.5.14 beta 1, with these fixes. Give me a day or 2, as I'd like to spend some time getting this right.

• Like 3