Recommended Posts

+Raphaël G.

Dopamine 2.0 Preview 13 has been released. This is the change log:

 

- [Changed] Updated the Bulgarian translation
- [Fixed] Loop issues which were introduced in Preview 12

 

Download here

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
kukata
On 8/13/2019 at 10:20 PM, Raphaël G. said:

Dopamine 2.0 Preview 13 has been released. This is the change log:

 

- [Changed] Updated the Bulgarian translation
- [Fixed] Loop issues which were introduced in Preview 12

 

Download here

Hello! When you run multiple files that are not in the collection, the load begins to go high. This was the case in previous versions as well. For example, if I run 14 files twice and cpu slowly starts to go high , it is as if the processor is overloaded. And it's not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
+Raphaël G.
3 hours ago, kukata said:

Hello! When you run multiple files that are not in the collection, the load begins to go high. This was the case in previous versions as well. For example, if I run 14 files twice and cpu slowly starts to go high , it is as if the processor is overloaded. And it's not.

What do you mean by running files? Could tell me what exactly you're doing? Thanks :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
kukata
15 hours ago, Raphaël G. said:

What do you mean by running files? Could tell me what exactly you're doing? Thanks :)

I select 14 songs from a folder. After a while I open more 14 in the same way and it starts to feel slowing down. It's like overloading the processor.  But this is not true. I must restart the player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
Darrian

With the Galaxy Book S and the Surface Pro X on the horizon, are there plans to compile this for ARM, or will it already run natively on ARM without using the 32-bit emulation? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
+Raphaël G.
On 10/3/2019 at 10:45 PM, Darrian said:

With the Galaxy Book S and the Surface Pro X on the horizon, are there plans to compile this for ARM, or will it already run natively on ARM without using the 32-bit emulation? 

It will have to be compiled for ARM. I'll have to do some research. At this point, I have no idea if compiling for ARM is even possible. Also, I'm relying on 3rd party DLL's which are not compiled for ARM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
+Raphaël G.

Hey everyone,

 

Dopamine 2.0 Preview 14 has just been released. Feature-wise, nothing has changed. I did fix a bug and reverted to a lighter version of the audio engine. This is done in an attempt to resolve a high CPU usage bug which plagues some users. Lets see if this helps. This is the change log:

 

- [Fixed] Folders screen doesn't respect order of songs in the folder
- [Changed] Removed FFmpeg decoder

 

Download: https://www.digimezzo.com/content/software/dopamine/

Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandon H
29 minutes ago, Raphaël G. said:

It will have to be compiled for ARM. I'll have to do some research. At this point, I have no idea if compiling for ARM is even possible. Also, I'm relying on 3rd party DLL's which are not compiled for ARM.

does Electron cover ARM at all? might be able to get it working with your rewrite if so; maybe have it use some alternate DLLs when running on ARM if the owners don't want to recompile the ones you use currently.

 

Would love to use Dopamine on a Windows 10 on ARM laptop if I get one sometime in the future (probably won't be for a few years; waiting for the desktop grade snapdragon chips to mature a little more; the 8cx chip is a large step in the right direction :))

Link to post
Share on other sites
+Raphaël G.
1 hour ago, Brandon H said:

does Electron cover ARM at all? might be able to get it working with your rewrite if so; maybe have it use some alternate DLLs when running on ARM if the owners don't want to recompile the ones you use currently.

 

Would love to use Dopamine on a Windows 10 on ARM laptop if I get one sometime in the future (probably won't be for a few years; waiting for the desktop grade snapdragon chips to mature a little more; the 8cx chip is a large step in the right direction :))

As far as i could see in my short research this evening, ARM seems supported by Electron. That would be good news for Dopamine 3.0.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Darrian

If it's not possible now, I know it will be, but I'm pretty sure it's already available as an option.  There's little point worrying about it today, because neither devices are available today, and owners of older, less powerful ARM on Windows devices aren't clamoring for Dopamine (afaik).  However, November 5 isn't too far off.  I wouldn't expect you to have it ready on day one, but if you could consider compiling for ARM in the future that would be awesome.  In the meantime, it should be able to (hypothetically) run the x86 version, emulated, assuming you're not compiling 64-bit only at this point.

 

I really want a Surface Pro X, and I'll probably get one, but I don't expect you to compile for ARM just to make one user happy. 

 

I'm also super-excited about the Linux release.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Darrian

I missed the part about DLLs, though. I didn't realize they were architecture-specific. If it turns out to be too much work, I'm sure running the x86 version will be acceptable. I'm just concerned about performance, but it's just a music player, not a AAA $80 video game.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
+Raphaël G.

Dopamine 2.0 Preview 15 has been released. This is the change log:

 

– [Fixed] Tray icon is not visible when using light system theme in Windows 10
– [Added] Added Norwegian translation

 

Enjoy!

 

Download here

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
kukata
On 10/9/2019 at 10:16 PM, Raphaël G. said:

Hey everyone,

 

Dopamine 2.0 Preview 14 has just been released. Feature-wise, nothing has changed. I did fix a bug and reverted to a lighter version of the audio engine. This is done in an attempt to resolve a high CPU usage bug which plagues some users. Lets see if this helps. This is the change log:

 

- [Fixed] Folders screen doesn't respect order of songs in the folder
- [Changed] Removed FFmpeg decoder

 

Download: https://www.digimezzo.com/content/software/dopamine/

Unfortunately, the problem of high resource use remains. When playing more than 40-50 files sequentially (from an external folder). Tried on a laptop and desktop. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
+Raphaël G.
On 10/17/2019 at 2:24 PM, kukata said:

Unfortunately, the problem of high resource use remains. When playing more than 40-50 files sequentially (from an external folder). Tried on a laptop and desktop. 

Could you tell me exactly how you are opening these songs? I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "external folder". Are you opening a folder in Windows Explorer en selecting "Play with Dopamine"?. I can't reproduce this problem here, so explicit steps would really help. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
+Zlip792

@Raphaël G.Why not try to run your software via some static analysis tool e.g. PVS Studio (offered free to Open Source projects) and then try to find some memory leaks or other bugs?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
kukata
19 hours ago, Raphaël G. said:

Could you tell me exactly how you are opening these songs? I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "external folder". Are you opening a folder in Windows Explorer en selecting "Play with Dopamine"?. I can't reproduce this problem here, so explicit steps would really help. Thanks.

I select them from a folder and choose to run with Dopamine. Not added to player playlist. If added to the player there is no problem. But that is how he played over 40 songs in a row.

https://imgur.com/ZBxcSFZ

Edited by kukata
Link to post
Share on other sites
+Raphaël G.
On 10/19/2019 at 2:26 PM, Zlip792 said:

@Raphaël G.Why not try to run your software via some static analysis tool e.g. PVS Studio (offered free to Open Source projects) and then try to find some memory leaks or other bugs?

Thanks for the tip! I'll try it out, as soon as they send the trial license I requested :)

11 hours ago, kukata said:

I select them from a folder and choose to run with Dopamine. Not added to player playlist. If added to the player there is no problem. But that is how he played over 40 songs in a row.

https://imgur.com/ZBxcSFZ

Thanks for the precise description. It's a real pity that, even following these instructions, I cannot reproduce this issue here. I currently have no idea what is going on. :( Even the code which is executed when performing these actions, is not doing anything CPU intensive.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
+Raphaël G.

Dopamine 2.0 Preview 16 has just been released!

 

This is the change log:

 

– [Added] Added an option to remove songs from disk in the Now Playing context menu (can be enabled in the settings)
– [Changed] Updated the Japanese translation
– [Fixed] Fixed a crash which occurs when removing all songs from Now Playing
– [Fixed] Removed a dotted border that sometimes appears around buttons
– [Fixed] Discs are ordered wrong when an album has more than 10 discs
– [Fixed] Pressing the keyboard left arrow doesn’t jump a song back to the beginning when it has been playing for less than 15 seconds
– [Fixed] It is not possible to type + and – in the last.fm password box

 

Download here

 

Enjoy!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
+Raphaël G.

I've been busy this weekend and processed another batch of issues. Because the list of issues remaining for a final 2.0 is now very small, we've reached beta. So:

 

Dopamine 2.0 Beta 1 has just been released.

 

This is the change log for this beta:

 

– [Fixed] Lyrics are not saved to the audio files
– [Fixed] Lyrics are not displayed the 1st time the lyrics page is shown
– [Fixed] File size information in the songs lists is rounded down
– [Fixed] It is not possible to re-order static playlists
– [Fixed] It is not possible to add songs to playlists from the Now Playing screen
– [Fixed] Playback order is not reset when song order is changed on the songs list and songs are enqueued again

 

Download Beta 1 here

 

Enjoy!

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
+Raphaël G.

Dopamine 2.0 Beta 2 has been released. This is the change log:

 

– [Changed] Updated the Chinese (Traditional) translation
– [Changed] Updated the German translation
– [Changed] Updated the Greek translation
– [Changed] Updated the Swedish translation
– [Fixed] Multimedia play and pause keys are not always working
– [Fixed] External control server fails to retrieve current track

 

Download here

 

Enjoy!

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Neyht

I cant setup media keys in logitech options anymore on beta 2 or 3.  Beta 1 works fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
+Raphaël G.
27 minutes ago, Neyht said:

I cant setup media keys in logitech options anymore on beta 2 or 3.  Beta 1 works fine.

Could you enable the option "Enable default multimedia key support" and see if that helps?

 

Some explanation concerning this new option:

 

To my great joy, there are multiple mechanisms to control media keys in Windows (Why make it easy for developers...). On some computers, only mechanism 1 works, for others, only mechanism 2. Then, last but not least, are those for which both mechanisms are triggered when pressing media keys. Great fun. So, previous versions of Dopamine (until Beta 1) tried to be smart about this (to be compatible with everyone) and supported both mechanisms at once. For the people where both mechanisms work and both trigger media keys, there was a problem. Play and pause would negate each other. Next and previous would be triggered twice. So I had to split both mechanisms up and added the option "Enable default multimedia key support", which essentially toggles between both mechanisms. When this option is disabled, Dopamine listens to low level Windows media key presses. When enabled, Dopamine listens to appcommand media key presses, which are usually triggered by multimedia keyboards and headsets (e.g. Logitech). The name for this options comes from Winamp (I haven't invented it).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Neyht
1 hour ago, Raphaël G. said:

Could you enable the option "Enable default multimedia key support" and see if that helps?

Yeah, it works now.  Thanks.  I didn't think to look for an option in settings.

 

One more thing though.  There is a visual bug when playing though a smart playlist with shuffle enabled.  It goes to the next song in the playlist, then (sometimes) briefly scrolls down to the bottom of the playlist for a split second, then goes back to the playing song.  This doesn't effect playback at all, it's just a visual bug.  It doesn't happen on a normal playlist.

 

The playlist is a 162 song favorites playlist

Link to post
Share on other sites
+Raphaël G.
37 minutes ago, Neyht said:

Yeah, it works now.  Thanks.  I didn't think to look for an option in settings.

 

One more thing though.  There is a visual bug when playing though a smart playlist with shuffle enabled.  It goes to the next song in the playlist, then (sometimes) briefly scrolls down to the bottom of the playlist for a split second, then goes back to the playing song.  This doesn't effect playback at all, it's just a visual bug.  It doesn't happen on a normal playlist.

 

The playlist is a 162 song favorites playlist

Excellent! (that it now works)

Thanks for the issue report. I've created an issue on GitHub: https://github.com/digimezzo/dopamine-windows/issues/1086

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Copernic
      iTunes 12.11
      by Razvan Serea



      iTunes is a free application for Windows PCs. It plays all your digital music and video. It syncs content to your iPod, iPhone, and Apple TV. And it's an entertainment superstore that stays open 24/7.

      Organize your music into playlists Edit file information Record compact discs Copy files to an iPod or other digital audio player Purchase music and videos on the Internet through the built-in iTunes store Run a visualizer to display graphical effects in time to the music Encode music into a number of different audio formats. Download: iTunes 12.11 (32-bit) | 168.0 MB (Freeware)
      Download: iTunes 12.11 (64-bit) | 191.0 MB
      Links: Apple iTunes Website | iTunes 12.11 Security Updates

      Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

    • By Jefferson Mangubat
      Spotify will acquire podcast hosting firm Megaphone
      by Jefferson Mangubat

      Spotify is beefing up its podcasting capabilities with a new acquisition move. The streaming service is acquiring Megaphone, a podcast hosting company that provides ad-insertion capabilities.

      As part of the deal, Spotify will open its proprietary ad insertion system called Streaming Ad Insertion to all podcasts currently hosted on Megaphone. The system was unveiled earlier this year with the goal of bringing more relevant ads to podcast listeners. While the technology works in the same way as other podcast ads, what sets it apart from the competition is the way it inserts ads in real time.

      Spotify noted that the acquisition marks the first time its ad insertion tech becomes available to a third-party platform. Dawn Ostroff, Chief Content & Advertising Business Officer at Spotify, said in a statement:

      The financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed. With the addition of Megaphone, Spotify is expanding its podcast ecosystem including a number of exclusive shows. In July, the company also launched support for video podcasts and tested sharing podcast quotes on social media. The acquisition is awaiting regulatory approvals for now.

    • By Jay Bonggolto
      YouTube Music adds new personalization features and other changes
      by Jay Bonggolto

      YouTube announced today a new update to Music that introduces new personalization features. The music streaming app is adding a few changes to its Home tab that allow you to listen to a set of personalized playlists and access songs based on your current activity.

      The personalized playlists are called My Mix, providing up to seven new and personalized set of songs that will be available on the Home tab. The playlists contain songs from various artists, curated according to your taste. The curated lists also combine your favorite songs with new ones that might capture your interest. YouTube Music is also rebranding its Your Mix playlists into My Supermix, which blends your favorite songs in a single library.

      Another change to the app's Home tab is the activity bar that provides access to four types of activity, including Workout, Focus, Relax, and Commute. Tapping on each activity icon will lead you to a dedicated personalized homepage containing playlists that match what you're doing at a given moment. In addition, the Workout tab includes up to four new personalized mixes featuring songs you already like on top of new recommendations. These filters were first seen in September as part of a test.

      The latest changes are YouTube's way of taking on Spotify and other music streaming apps in terms of bringing personalization options to users. It remains to be seen whether these new features will help bolster YouTube Music's market adoption.

    • By Jay Bonggolto
      Spotify now lets some users stream music on Apple Watch even without an iPhone
      by Jay Bonggolto

      Streaming music on Spotify through Apple Watch currently requires connecting to an iPhone. However, a new update to the music streaming app appears to be removing that requirement for some users.

      A report by Macerkopf suggests that multiple Spotify users are now able to directly play songs or podcasts using the app on Watch without needing an iPhone. This was after a test conducted by Spotify in September, the report says.

      This change basically makes the Spotify app for Watch more than just a remote control for the iPhone. That said, it's a bit late to the game, as Pandora and Apple Music already support that capability. Of course, streaming music on Spotify won't work without a Wi-Fi or cellular connection.

      In addition to the new capability, Spotify has also added a recently played section as well as access to your library when streaming on Watch. However, it seems you can't search for songs you wish to play as this feature is missing from the app. That means your streaming experience will largely depend on Siri, which will pull up specific titles for you. The new feature seems to be available in beta for now, so it may not be live for everyone just yet.

      Source: Macerkopf

    • By Jay Bonggolto
      Sony Music opens its catalog of sound clips to TikTok's community
      by Jay Bonggolto



      TikTok announced today that it has partnered with Sony Music Entertainment to give its community of creators access to sound clips from Sony's wide portfolio of music. Songs from both popular and emerging artists will be available on the TikTok app.

      As part of the deal, TikTok users will be able to use current hits, new releases, trending songs, and classic titles for their content. It's also expected to help promote Sony's new artists using TikTok's platform.

      Dennis Kooker, President of Global Digital Business and U.S. Sales for Sony Music Entertainment, said the partnership aims to "drive music discovery, expand opportunities for creativity and support artist careers.” Ole Obermann, Global Head of Music for TikTok, added:

      Sony Music isn't the only music studio to have partnered with TikTok to help artists and creators drive traffic to their content. Earlier this year, the video app also inked a deal with UK-based Merlin to make its vast catalog of songs from independent labels available to TikTok creators.