+Raphaël G.    3,103

Hi everyone,

Dopamine 2.0 (Final) has just been released. This is the change log (since version 1.5.14):

– [Added] Added a setting to remove songs from disk in the Now Playing context menu
– [Added] Added folder view
– [Added] Added smart playlists
– [Added] It is now possible to sort songs by album, even when no album is selected.
– [Added] The search field can now be activated by pressing CTRL+F
– [Added] Added sort by “date added” and “date created” in the song screen
– [Added] It is now possible to drop files on now playing, when no songs are playing.
– [Added] It is now possible to drop folders on the playlists screen
– [Added] Added rating and love to the bottom left now playing pane on the main screen
– [Fixed] Added an extra button to access Now Playing
– [Added] Added a Japanese translation
– [Added] Added a Norwegian translation
– [Changed] Changed the overall design
– [Changed] Removed song covers in playlists. Loading images in memory causes a huge memory footprint for large playlists.
– [Changed] Tweaked the now playing screen
– [Changed] Removed the “Frequent” page
– [Changed] Updated the Bulgarian translation
– [Changed] Updated the Chinese (Simplified) translation
– [Changed] Updated the Chinese (Traditional) translation
– [Changed] Updated the Croatian translation
– [Changed] Updated the German translation
– [Changed] Updated the Greek translation
– [Changed] Updated the Hungarian translation
– [Changed] Updated the Italian translation
– [Changed] Updated the Japanese translation
– [Changed] Updated the Korean translation
– [Changed] Updated the Polish translation
– [Changed] Updated the Portuguese (Portugal) translation
– [Changed] Updated the Russian translation
– [Changed] Updated the Spanish translation
– [Changed] Updated the Swedish translation
– [Changed] Updated the Ukrainian translation
– [Changed] Updated the Vietnamese translation
– [Fixed] Multiple memory leaks
– [Fixed] Lyrics scrolling doesn’t work correctly for lyrics which have no timestamps
– [Fixed] It is impossible to fetch lyrics from LyricWikia when song artist or title have special casing and special characters
– [Fixed] The spectrum analyzer causes crashes
– [Fixed] Artists or genres which are identical, but use a different casing, are shown as multiple artists or genres.
– [Fixed] Enabling the system notification on Windows 10 N causes a crash
– [Fixed] Rating songs makes the UI non-responsive
– [Fixed] Songs which are enqueued from Explorer, are enqueued in the wrong order.
– [Fixed] It is impossible to delete songs from playlists, for which the song files have been removed from or renamed on disk.
– [Fixed] Pressing multimedia keys causes glitches when the spectrum analyzer is enabled
– [Fixed] System notifications causes a crash when playing a song which has a malformed track number
– [Fixed] Artists and Genres screens don’t show songs for the Cyrillic alphabet
– [Fixed] Artists info pane displays white stars instead of actual artist pictures
– [Fixed] Lyrics “Search again” does not work
– [Fixed] Lowered CPU and memory usage
– [Fixed] Short sound after starting up
– [Fixed] Zero-sized images which are embedded in audio files, are mistakenly treated as valid images.
– [Fixed] Queued songs which are not in the collection (e.g. from playlists), are not resumed after a restart.
– [Fixed] Playlists containing the same song multiple times, confuses play previous and play next.
– [Fixed] Incorrect ordering of timed lyrics which contain duplicate timestamps
– [Fixed] Tray icon is not visible when using light system theme in Windows 10
– [Fixed] It is not possible to type + and – in the last.fm password box
– [Fixed] Removing all songs from Now Playing causes a crash
– [Fixed] Discs are ordered wrong when an album has more than 10 discs
– [Fixed] Pressing the keyboard left arrow doesn’t jump a song back to the beginning when it has been playing for less than 15 seconds
– [Fixed] Lyrics are not saved to the audio files
– [Fixed] Lyrics are not displayed the 1st time the lyrics page is shown
– [Fixed] File size information in the songs lists is rounded down
– [Fixed] It is not possible to add songs to playlists from the Now Playing screen
– [Fixed] Playback order is not reset when song order is changed on the songs list and songs are enqueued again
– [Fixed] Multimedia play and pause keys are not always working
– [Fixed] External control server fails to retrieve the current track

Download here

Enjoy!

Dopamine.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
kukata    5
4 hours ago, Raphaël G. said:

Hi everyone,

Dopamine 2.0 (Final) has just been released. This is the change log (since version 1.5.14):

– [Added] Added a setting to remove songs from disk in the Now Playing context menu
– [Added] Added folder view
– [Added] Added smart playlists
– [Added] It is now possible to sort songs by album, even when no album is selected.
– [Added] The search field can now be activated by pressing CTRL+F
– [Added] Added sort by “date added” and “date created” in the song screen
– [Added] It is now possible to drop files on now playing, when no songs are playing.
– [Added] It is now possible to drop folders on the playlists screen
– [Added] Added rating and love to the bottom left now playing pane on the main screen
– [Fixed] Added an extra button to access Now Playing
– [Added] Added a Japanese translation
– [Added] Added a Norwegian translation
– [Changed] Changed the overall design
– [Changed] Removed song covers in playlists. Loading images in memory causes a huge memory footprint for large playlists.
– [Changed] Tweaked the now playing screen
– [Changed] Removed the “Frequent” page
– [Changed] Updated the Chinese (Simplified) translation
– [Changed] Updated the Chinese (Traditional) translation
– [Changed] Updated the Croatian translation
– [Changed] Updated the German translation
– [Changed] Updated the Greek translation
– [Changed] Updated the Hungarian translation
– [Changed] Updated the Italian translation
– [Changed] Updated the Japanese translation
– [Changed] Updated the Korean translation
– [Changed] Updated the Polish translation
– [Changed] Updated the Portuguese (Portugal) translation
– [Changed] Updated the Ukrainian translation
– [Changed] Updated the Vietnamese translation
– [Fixed] Multiple memory leaks
– [Fixed] Lyrics scrolling doesn’t work correctly for lyrics which have no timestamps
– [Fixed] It is impossible to fetch lyrics from LyricWikia when song artist or title have special casing and special characters
– [Fixed] The spectrum analyzer causes crashes
– [Fixed] Artists or genres which are identical, but use a different casing, are shown as multiple artists or genres.
– [Fixed] Enabling the system notification on Windows 10 N causes a crash
– [Fixed] Rating songs makes the UI non-responsive
– [Fixed] Songs which are enqueued from Explorer, are enqueued in the wrong order.
– [Fixed] It is impossible to delete songs from playlists, for which the song files have been removed from or renamed on disk.
– [Fixed] Pressing multimedia keys causes glitches when the spectrum analyzer is enabled
– [Fixed] System notifications causes a crash when playing a song which has a malformed track number
– [Fixed] Artists and Genres screens don’t show songs for the Cyrillic alphabet
– [Fixed] Artists info pane displays white stars instead of actual artist pictures
– [Fixed] Lyrics “Search again” does not work
– [Fixed] Lowered CPU and memory usage
– [Fixed] Short sound after starting up
– [Fixed] Zero-sized images which are embedded in audio files, are mistakenly treated as valid images.
– [Fixed] Queued songs which are not in the collection (e.g. from playlists), are not resumed after a restart.
– [Fixed] Playlists containing the same song multiple times, confuses play previous and play next.
– [Fixed] Incorrect ordering of timed lyrics which contain duplicate timestamps
– [Fixed] Tray icon is not visible when using light system theme in Windows 10
– [Fixed] It is not possible to type + and – in the last.fm password box
– [Fixed] Removing all songs from Now Playing causes a crash
– [Fixed] Discs are ordered wrong when an album has more than 10 discs
– [Fixed] Pressing the keyboard left arrow doesn’t jump a song back to the beginning when it has been playing for less than 15 seconds
– [Fixed] Lyrics are not saved to the audio files
– [Fixed] Lyrics are not displayed the 1st time the lyrics page is shown
– [Fixed] File size information in the songs lists is rounded down
– [Fixed] It is not possible to add songs to playlists from the Now Playing screen
– [Fixed] Playback order is not reset when song order is changed on the songs list and songs are enqueued again
– [Fixed] Multimedia play and pause keys are not always working
– [Fixed] External control server fails to retrieve the current track

Download here

Enjoy!

Dopamine.png

Great job, congratulations! But a new feature does not work. This - [Added] It is now possible to drop files on now playing, when no songs are playing.

+Raphaël G.    3,103
1 hour ago, kukata said:

Great job, congratulations! But a new feature does not work. This - [Added] It is now possible to drop files on now playing, when no songs are playing.

Thanks!

The feature does work here. Be aware that it is only supposed to work when you see this screen (Nothing is playing):

image.png

mer2329    2

hi thanks for the awesome player. just installed 2.0 and im seeing high bitrate files lagging. when they play fine in other players (even with dopamine open and paused.)

the files im refrencing are over 1000 kbps.

they play fine in dopamine 1.5.14 though so im back to that. i dont think i can legally send you the files though.

heres the media info if it helps https://pastebin.com/gWzLdacn

i dont know what you need to fix this. let me know and ill do my best

Edited by mer2329
+Raphaël G.    3,103
1 hour ago, mer2329 said:

hi thanks for the awesome player. just installed 2.0 and im seeing high bitrate files lagging. when they play fine in other players (even with dopamine open and paused.)

the files im refrencing are over 1000 kbps.

they play fine in dopamine 1.5.14 though so im back to that. i dont think i can legally send you the files though.

heres the media info if it helps https://pastebin.com/gWzLdacn

i dont know what you need to fix this. let me know and ill do my best

I have an idea what is causing this. I change the decoder a while ago. No-one complained during the previews or betas. So I assumed it was OK. I'll roll back that change and release 2.0.1. Then, decoding will be the same as in 1.5.14.

Edit: I created issue  #1093, and will use that issue to revert the decoder.

kukata    5
15 hours ago, Raphaël G. said:

Thanks!

The feature does work here. Be aware that it is only supposed to work when you see this screen (Nothing is playing):

image.png

I apologize for the stupid question.  How do I get to this screen? When the player is played, there is always a song paused there.

+Raphaël G.    3,103
On 1/12/2020 at 1:10 PM, kukata said:

I apologize for the stupid question.  How do I get to this screen? When the player is played, there is always a song paused there.

Don't worry, it is not a stupid question. That screen is shown initially (after adding files the first time). The only way to go back to it, is to dequeue all songs form now playing.

• Like 1
+Raphaël G.    3,103

Dopamine 2.0.1 has just been released. This is the change log:

– [Changed] Reverted some changes to audio decoding. This hopefully removes lag when decoding high bitrate files.
– [Added] Added support for m3u8 playlists

Download here

Brandon H    3,993

so Raph, now that 2.0 has hit final do you plan 3.0 to be the multi-platform rewrite?

should be interesting to see what Dopamine is capable of written in electron :)

mer2329    2
On 1/12/2020 at 1:12 AM, Raphaël G. said:

I have an idea what is causing this. I change the decoder a while ago. No-one complained during the previews or betas. So I assumed it was OK. I'll roll back that change and release 2.0.1. Then, decoding will be the same as in 1.5.14.

Edit: I created issue  #1093, and will use that issue to revert the decoder.

thank you so much, that fixed it. now back to my regulary scheduled, uninterupted, eargasm

• Like 2
+Raphaël G.    3,103
7 minutes ago, mer2329 said:

thank you so much, that fixed it. now back to my regulary scheduled, uninterupted, eargasm

Thanks for confirming that it now works! :)

+Raphaël G.    3,103
1 hour ago, Brandon H said:

so Raph, now that 2.0 has hit final do you plan 3.0 to be the multi-platform rewrite?

should be interesting to see what Dopamine is capable of written in electron :)

Yes indeed: 3.0 is the multi platform rewrite. Supported on Windows and Linux. Theoretically also on Mac. Although someone else would have to build and test it (as I don't own a Mac).

I'm interested too. I haven't done all the research yet. But seeing as web technologies have a lot of multi-media capabilities, I see a promising future for Dopamine.

With version 2.0 out of the way, development on 3.0 should get a boost.

Edit:

Dopamine code and issues were moved to https://github.com/digimezzo/dopamine-windows

This is the Dopamine 3.0 GitHub: https://github.com/digimezzo/dopamine

For all feature requests, please log an issue over there. I don't always guess right how people like to listen to their music. So if anyone has suggestions, don't hesitate to create issues via GitHub.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
kukata    5

One idea: Add a button to open the collection from the small players (Nano, Cover and Micro).  To avoid having to switch to the main one when changing an album.

• 2 weeks later...
jasondefaoite    375

Any plans to look at gapless playback for 3.0?

+Raphaël G.    3,103
3 hours ago, jasondefaoite said:

Any plans to look at gapless playback for 3.0?

It depends on how easy it is to add. No promises yet.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
mer2329    2

would it be possible to add a discord activity to dopamine?
and thanks once again for fixing the decoder.

• 1 month later...
Julius Caesar    0
Posted (edited)

Hello, Raphaël. Congratulations on your hard work, first and foremost.

I have a question: in the Album pane, I select Sort by Year but there is no option to select ascending order (from oldest to newest), only descending. I like to hear an artist's discography in chronological order, from oldest album to the most recent album. But, by default, the program does the reverse..? That makes no sense, in my opinion.

This might sound silly, but it's the only reason why I can't commit to Dopamine as my main music player, even though I love everything else about it.

Can you do something about it, please?

EDIT: I have bookmarked this page and will be checking in regularly for any update, so if you only see this in a month or two rest assured I will read your reply. Cheers, my friend.

• 1 month later...
+Raphaël G.    3,103
On 3/9/2020 at 9:40 PM, mer2329 said:

would it be possible to add a discord activity to dopamine?
and thanks once again for fixing the decoder.

Wow sorry for the late reply! Things have been so hectic :( I will add discord support to Dopamine 3.

On 5/7/2020 at 1:29 AM, Julius Caesar said:

Hello, Raphaël. Congratulations on your hard work, first and foremost.

I have a question: in the Album pane, I select Sort by Year but there is no option to select ascending order (from oldest to newest), only descending. I like to hear an artist's discography in chronological order, from oldest album to the most recent album. But, by default, the program does the reverse..? That makes no sense, in my opinion.

This might sound silly, but it's the only reason why I can't commit to Dopamine as my main music player, even though I love everything else about it.

Can you do something about it, please?

EDIT: I have bookmarked this page and will be checking in regularly for any update, so if you only see this in a month or two rest assured I will read your reply. Cheers, my friend.

Hi! I'll verify that. This is the issue on GitHub:https://github.com/digimezzo/dopamine-windows/issues/1148

+Raphaël G.    3,103

Hi everyone!

A few hectic months have gone by since the last Dopamine release. This year has not spared us and I hope you are all doing well.
Today, I was able to tackle the last issues that I wanted resolved for Dopamine 2.0.2. So today is, release day!

This is Dopamine 2.0.2's change log:

- [Added] It is now possible to sort albums by year ascending or descending
- [Added] Added a smart playlist rule "does not contain"
- [Added] Added a Indonesian translation
- [Added] Added Serbian translations
- [Fixed] Startup crash which is caused by the spectrum analyzer
- [Fixed] ".opus" files are ignored
- [Fixed] ".aif" files are ignored
- [Fixed] When double-clicking a playlist, it is not enqueued.
- [Fixed] A crash which occurs when creating a new playlist after deleting the playlists folder
- [Fixed] PC goes to sleep while playing music
- [Fixed] Fixed a focus stealing issue when skipping inside songs using the arrow keys
- [Changed] Updated the Japanese translation
- [Changed] Updated the Polish translation

As always: enjoy!

Download Dopamine

• Like 4
kukata    5
On 6/18/2020 at 12:05 AM, Raphaël G. said:

Hi everyone!

A few hectic months have gone by since the last Dopamine release. This year has not spared us and I hope you are all doing well.
Today, I was able to tackle the last issues that I wanted resolved for Dopamine 2.0.2. So today is, release day!

This is Dopamine 2.0.2's change log:

- [Added] Added a smart playlist rule "does not contain"
- [Added] Added a Indonesian translation
- [Added] Added Serbian translations
- [Fixed] Startup crash which is caused by the spectrum analyzer
- [Fixed] ".opus" files are ignored
- [Fixed] ".aif" files are ignored
- [Fixed] When double-clicking a playlist, it is not enqueued.
- [Fixed] A crash which occurs when creating a new playlist after deleting the playlists folder
- [Fixed] PC goes to sleep while playing music
- [Fixed] Fixed a focus stealing issue when skipping inside songs using the arrow keys
- [Changed] Updated the Japanese translation
- [Changed] Updated the Polish translation

As always: enjoy!

Download Dopamine

Hello! It will be nice if the update does not reset the settings and the "love" ratings do not disappear. After her "show love button" was turned off. And all my ratings were lost.

P.S. I have sent an update in the Bulgarian language of personal messages.

+Raphaël G.    3,103
On 6/19/2020 at 6:18 PM, kukata said:

Hello! It will be nice if the update does not reset the settings and the "love" ratings do not disappear. After her "show love button" was turned off. And all my ratings were lost.

P.S. I have sent an update in the Bulgarian language of personal messages.

That's not supposed to happen :( I'll have a look at it. Thank for the translation update!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Julius Caesar    0
On 6/17/2020 at 10:05 PM, Raphaël G. said:

Thanks for listening and for fixing the problem! Wishing you the best!

+Raphaël G.    3,103
8 hours ago, Julius Caesar said:

Thanks for listening and for fixing the problem! Wishing you the best!

You're welcome 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
+Raphaël G.    3,103

Hello everyone!

Dopamine 2.0.3 has just been released! This is the change log:

– [Added] The “Songs” screen now remembers your sorting preferences!
– [Fixed] Fixed a crash that occurs when using WinDock
– [Fixed] The order of artists is not respected on now playing screens (Remove and re-add collection folders to apply this fix)
– [Changed] Updated the Chinese translation
– [Changed] Updated the Indonesian translation
– [Changed] Updated the Portuguese (Brazil) translation
– [Changed] Updated the Serbian (Cyrillic)
– [Changed] Updated the Serbian (Latin)
– [Changed] Updated the Ukranian translation

Download here

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
ajjmin    1

Will you support gapless playback in the future?

• Like 1