Good Alternative to Apache's File Manager?

Question

Apache is wonderful but lets face, their file/directory manager is outright hideous..

CfY6u6F.png

Seeing as I'm too lazy to build one myself, is there a relatively easy way to upgrade this to something a bit more modern? I dont need any additional features or anything (although the ability to upload through it would be nice to have!). It doesn't even need to be the whole server theres just a couple directories I'd like to display the contents of a little nicer.

Thanks in advance!

~hobbly

3 answers to this question

google is your friend - http://adamwhitcroft.com/apaxy/ ?

Ah I was googling for like an hour! Best I found was h5ai which this was apparently based on.

Thanks, this looks really good.

For some reason I had to comment out IndexHeadInsert "<meta name=\"viewport\" content=\"width=device-width, initial-scale=1\">" from the .htaccess to make it work. Hope thats not important!

Ah I was googling for like an hour! Best I found was h5ai which this was apparently based on.

Thanks, this looks really good.

For some reason I had to comment out IndexHeadInsert "<meta name=\"viewport\" content=\"width=device-width, initial-scale=1\">" from the .htaccess to make it work. Hope thats not important!

That won't cause any problems, it's a meta tag used to make the page responsive for mobile devices.