Post the health of your most abused SSD drive.

Pretty close already.  Fry's had Samsung 500GB drivers for US$199 this weekend.

bPbM7Rp.jpg

I have two of those in my laptop. Absolutely fantastic drives.

And they're warrantied to 150TB. To put that into perspective if you wrote 50gb a day that drive is warrantied to last 3000 days (or well 8 years) and that's just the warrantied life. It's actual life will be significantly greater than that.

This has made me think about my SSD. It seems like it will last me a long time, but how is it doing on speed?

What is the average SSD read and writes, what is the fastest?

Here is mine....is this normal?

post-21166-0-84046400-1424216972.jpg

This has made me think about my SSD. It seems like it will last me a long time, but how is it doing on speed?

Not sure but heres mine. Not sure if this is normal readings either, since I'm on windows 10.

840 pro with rapid mode.

asd.jpg

It looks a little low, but I haven't benched our EVOs in a while. We use them in a LOT of our machines at worked, but even with AHCI enabled, they only run at 3GB, so I don't get full speed on those drives. I know my 840 Pro is always up around 500 for sequential read/writes on my machines which are 6GB SATA. Can't remember what the Randoms were. Have you enabled RAPID as well? That won't help overall performance, but will help with frequently used stuff.

It looks a little low, but I haven't benched our EVOs in a while. We use them in a LOT of our machines at worked, but even with AHCI enabled, they only run at 3GB, so I don't get full speed on those drives. I know my 840 Pro is always up around 500 for sequential read/writes on my machines which are 6GB SATA. Can't remember what the Randoms were. Have you enabled RAPID as well? That won't help overall performance, but will help with frequently used stuff.

But at the same time, if that SSD replaced a Standard HDD it would make a machine feel like it was new. So i'm not sure how important these speeds really are. I mean my main workstation is still running off Sata II and the SSD is only getting 202mbs both directions (which actually look better than before, then again I did just upgrade the firmware a few hours ago)

Mine isn't an EVO or anything, its just an 840 Series.

How do you enable Rapid?

Warwagon, you are right, but at the same time I want to make sure mine is running at full speed, no issues.

Mine isn't an EVO or anything, its just an 840 Series.

How do you enable Rapid?

Warwagon, you are right, but at the same time I want to make sure mine is running at full speed, no issues.

Don't its not worth it.

Pretty much every benchmark shows that it makes no difference and in some cases actually slows down the drive.

I believe I have it in the worst possible configuration for the life of the drive - two SSDs in a RAID-0.  I just back my files up.  I NEED MORE POWER... :)  (at least I/O power!)

post-16901-0-77972400-1424236921.png

post-16901-0-06494300-1424236923.png

This is mine on my main PC, a Toshiba Laptop.  I normally leave it running without powering down, but lately I have been because I am on the road more.

post-160102-0-34858800-1424239919.png

post-160102-0-30387900-1424239930.png

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm...thought I used my computers more than that.  My notebook would have a bunch more hours...but I just recently replaced the HDD with a SSD.

The Intel came out of my older HTPC...and I do not use it anymore.  Just plugged it in because I figured it had the most hours.

The OCZ is in my desktop.  

post-21852-0-63050400-1425014315.jpg

post-21852-0-28732300-1425014319.jpg

I might win:

faQepU5.png

It's a SuperTalent drive that I have had for a long time. It's no longer active, but it got down to 29% rated health.

How can the drive be rated "Excellent" and only have 29% health? Are we sure this program spits out accurate condition of the drive?

• Like 3

I might win:

faQepU5.png

It's a SuperTalent drive that I have had for a long time. It's no longer active, but it got down to 29% rated health.

I think it's time to take that drive out back behind the shed and shoot it :laugh:

• Like 3