I gave in. I purchased a PS4.

It'll probably arrive today or tomorrow. I got it at a pretty decent price - $398AUD. I have all of my PS+ PS4 content waiting to download, lucky I remembered to redeem it each month :p

Yup yup.

Looking forward to playing Transistor and I think that standalone infamous game was on last month's offering.

I'm glad you bought one, If I could have a do over, I'd have waited

I'm beyond tired waiting for a messaging system that actually works (it was fine for a while, but now it's bad again.)

(Not to mention the other stuff my ps3 does better)

But rant over, hope you enjoy it it's a really good games console, all in all

Yup yup.

Looking forward to playing Transistor and I think that standalone infamous game was on last month's offering.

First Light is awesome!

The only title I really enjoyed on it was Killzone 4 but I got it mostly for exclusives however The Order isn't sounding like it's being received well and DriveClub was pathetic. Non exclusives I got for the PC. I found the PS4 overall to be a little underwhelming. I expect I'll enjoy Uncharted 4 but hopefully next year I'll see some exclusives that will make having ti worth my while.

Now if I wasn't a PC gamer, then I'd have a different outlook but the PC versions available have an edge making it more worthwhile in co existing with my console.

The only title I really enjoyed on it was Killzone 4 but I got it mostly for exclusives however The Order isn't sounding like it's being received well and DriveClub was pathetic. Non exclusives I got for the PC. I found the PS4 overall to be a little underwhelming. I expect I'll enjoy Uncharted 4 but hopefully next year I'll see some exclusives that will make having ti worth my while.

You mean Shadow Fall?

(There was a rumour about a game called Killzone 4 coming next year)

You mean Shadow Fall?

(There was a rumour about a game called Killzone 4 coming next year)

Even reviewers of the game were calling it Killzone 4: Shadow Fall. I would assume the next one will probably have a name at the end of it instead of a number.

Even reviewers of the game were calling it Killzone 4: Shadow Fall. I would assume the next one will probably have a name at the end of it instead of a number.

You may be right, my info is a little out of date.

I'm curious about the whole "gave-in" part... did you not want to get a PS4? :p

I wanted to wait for the first hardware revision but the price was a little too enticing. There was another deal that had 3 games but I missed that one.

Now if I wasn't a PC gamer, then I'd have a different outlook but the PC versions available have an edge making it more worthwhile in co existing with my console.

I am also a PC gamer. Mostly fps/rts stuff. I really like some of the exclusives on PlayStation. Same reason I bought a Wii U, I suppose.

It'll probably arrive today or tomorrow. I got it at a pretty decent price - $398AUD. I have all of my PS+ PS4 content waiting to download, lucky I remembered to redeem it each month :p

You fool! Now you're going to have to have fun with all those great games available!

Terrible! You should be ashamed of yourself! ;)

I like my PS4. Then again, I also have an Xbone and a PC. So I game on everything, and I don't have to restrict myself to one platform. There are things I wish the PS4 did better; like UI customization. I REALLY don't like having 15 mandatory tiles in the main menu, but that is a small gripe. Overall, it's a great system. I hope you enjoy it.

Driveclub is pathetic, how?

spacer, on 24 Feb 2015 - 09:59, said:

I like my PS4. Then again, I also have an Xbone and a PC. So I game on everything, and I don't have to restrict myself to one platform. There are things I wish the PS4 did better; like UI customization. I REALLY don't like having 15 mandatory tiles in the main menu, but that is a small gripe. Overall, it's a great system. I hope you enjoy it.

Driveclub is pathetic, how?

DriveClub isn't pathetic. It has potential as a great arcade racer. However, the club size being 6 is dismal, the online came out originally as a disaster (and still has issues), the AI is some of the worst AI in a racer, the physics are almost too arcade with wall bouncing, and it has rubberband AI. Replay is still missing.

The tracks are really good, the cars are really good. Graphics are awesome, sometimes, and sometimes they are underwhelming. The weather is a nice touch.

However, I think it is the absolute best racer available on the PS4 and I still enjoy it.

I had one for a week, just didn't like the controller and felt the OS was meh. Traded it in already and as most of my friends play on Xbox, I've stuck with that

Congrats on the new purchase!

You were smart to tag those ps+ games, that will pay off quickly.

We are past the year mark, so now is a good time to get a new console since the library of ps4 titles is big enough to find something to enjoy. I'm currently caught up gaming wise since The Order was a bit disappointing, but there is a lot on the horizon this year.

Update: there was  delay in shipping so it should arrive sometime today. Usually things arrive in the morning for me so perhaps in the next hour or so.

I had one for a week, just didn't like the controller and felt the OS was meh. Traded it in already and as most of my friends play on Xbox, I've stuck with that

Yeah I really hate the UI and prefer PS3's XMB over this. Massive large tiles shoved in my face and the store isn't well designed either, showing massive ads basically, usually some indie game, often the same one is first regardless of what area you select.

A few titles do that, at least you know it's working  :D

True. It doesn't bother me, though. I only really noticed it because when I first set up the PS4 I just hooked it up to my PC monitor because I couldn't be bothered messing around with my ent. unit at the time.

I was a die hard pc gamer for years, had a 360 that I barely touched but since I bought a ps4 I've hardly bothered with the pc. The graphics are great plus it's on the big screen.