Good Free POS Software

Question

Hi, been scouring the web (and failing) for good free POS software.  Basically I need a combination of features, customer accounts for invoicing & and everyday things for small change for jobs like photocopying.  Can't seem to find a decent software. Ideally Quickbooks Point of Sale is perfect but my bosses are too cheap to buy it so I'm looking for a free alternative. Any Suggestions?

14 answers to this question

Hi, been scouring the web (and failing) for good free POS software.  Basically I need a combination of features, customer accounts for invoicing & and everyday things for small change for jobs like photocopying.  Can't seem to find a decent software. Ideally Quickbooks Point of Sale is perfect but my bosses are too cheap to buy it so I'm looking for a free alternative. Any Suggestions?

it would be better to pay for some good software rather than use something thats free and possibly never gets updated. Quickbooks Point Of Sale is worth the money imo

it would be better to pay for some good software rather than use something thats free and possibly never gets updated. Quickbooks Point Of Sale is worth the money imo

to add onto this. free could also mean not as secure either. the encryptions cost money and that's the main thing you're paying for with a lot of POS software

POS like register/food or more of a consulting company keeping track of inventory or customer information/charges?

Try sugarcrm or opencrm.  they may be able to do what you need.

See title; 'Good Free POS Software'

It IS FREE  read the pricing page  http://www.vendhq.com/pricing

"

FREE PLAN

Have less than 10 active products?

Get Vend for free by signing up to our 30-day trial and then selecting our Extra Small plan. Includes 1 register, 1 user, 10active products, 1,000 customers and community support. No billing!"

We use the paid for package because we have more than more 10 active products but that's the best you're going to get for free mate.

Thanks everyone, I'll try em all out, see how I get on :)

I'd love to but my bosses are stingy, they won't budge and it'll be their own fault when the business fails, i'm just trying to make my life easier at the moment ha

See title; 'Good Free POS Software'

If it was me, I don't care if it's free or not.

I'd choose Vend POS because it will let you take orders no matter if you are online or not. It has sync in background. This is way better. No matter if the internet or power does down. it still works.

My old job has POS systems but when the power goes down or network goes down, they do not do a thing, the customers have to stay and wait for the power back on in order to process.  Which it sucks for them.

Vend has app that allow you take orders offline, even the power goes down and the tablet will stay on.

I'd love to but my bosses are stingy, they won't budge and it'll be their own fault when the business fails, i'm just trying to make my life easier at the moment ha

Just some advice: Offer a selection of products to them and get their responses via email, or some form of written document.

It's one thing for your bosses to be stingy, but you don't want that coming back and biting you. ;)

For businesses I would generally offer the advice of "you get what you pay for." If a business asked me to look for something free, I would want to have the instruction in writing somewhere so that if/when it doesn't meet their standards, I will have a piece of paper that allows me to say, "hey, I was just doing what you asked me to do despite me telling you the risks."

On the subject, I have never looked in to POS software so I'm as much use as a Google search. :laugh: