CHORUS

Gummi Bears,

When a friend's in danger they'll be there,

Lives and legends that we all can share,

They are the Gummi Bears,

They are the Gummi Bears,

They are the Gummi Bears!

The recent re-make of the 16 bit game was a bit of a let down :(

Actually, it's a remake of the original 8-bit NES version.

• Like 2

The recent re-make of the 16 bit game was a bit of a let down :(

it was exactly the same with graphical improvements. not sure what else you expected.

• Like 1

They won't and I didn't either. But, having watched them as a kid, I don't want them done in the style of the 21st century with the duck brothers talking about selfies and all that drivel.

The cartoon will be updated to appeal to this generation as it was updated to appeal to us.

The cartoon will be updated to appeal to this generation as it was updated to appeal to us.

How was it updated to appeal to us? Prior to the original cartoon series, there were only just comics AFAIK.

• Like 1

vanx, on 05 Mar 2015 - 17:31, said:

How was it updated to appeal to us? Prior to the original cartoon series, there were only just comics AFAIK.

Scrooge and his nephews first appeared together in "Scrooge McDuck and Money", a short animated movie.

it was exactly the same with graphical improvements. not sure what else you expected.

Actually, it's a remake of the original 8-bit NES version.

I guess I can't remember much of my childhood as I thought, when I purchased Duck Tales re-make i was thinking of Quack Shot featuring Donald Duck which was a 16-bit release, I remembered it being much better as a child, which I now realise this is because it is a different game haha... oh well, that's

Exactly; it was taken from the Scrooge McDuck comics and updated to a cartoon to appeal to the kids who grew up in the "TV" age.  And from what I've read, wasn't the cartoon timeline changed to a more modern time compared to the comics?

Exactly; it was taken from the Scrooge McDuck comics and updated to a cartoon to appeal to the kids who grew up in the "TV" age.  And from what I've read, wasn't the cartoon timeline changed to a more modern time compared to the comics?

All the disney cartoons and comics have been at different time in history generally the main timeline is set in the current modern timeline of when the story is made, then you have the old klondike flashback stories. 

• 1 year later...
32 minutes ago, Mirumir said:

Voices are top notch just like from the voice acting legends Tony Anselmo and Clarence Nash but art is sub-par :( compared to the 80's. Still, this takes me down the memory lane all the way to "The Mouse Factory"

I get nervous, these 80s/early 90s nostalgia cash-ins have like a 95% failure rate. And they fail HARD.

Voices on the kids aren't promising. But I hope it is enjoyable for a new generation. TaleSpin or Darkwing Duck next? Either or.

I was afraid they were going to change the style... and they have, but I'm cautiously optimistic after seeing this. It actually seems pretty good.

I love the original series, and I'll probably be watching this with my son when he's a bit older.

The first thing i thought was the colour scheme used looks awful, it just seems so dark / bland to me.

I loved DuckTales as a kid, however I think watching any re-make of a childhood cartoons you enjoyed will ruin your memories of the original. I couldn't personally sit down and enjoy cartoons all these years later anyway, although to be fair I probably wouldn't like the original anymore either if I was to watch that again today.

If it's faithful to the original kids of today will enjoy it though i'm sure :)

8 hours ago, Bamsebjørn said:

I was afraid they were going to change the style... and they have, but I'm cautiously optimistic after seeing this. It actually seems pretty good.

I love the original series, and I'll probably be watching this with my son when he's a bit older.

could've been worse, they might of gone anime style...shudder

20 hours ago, Slarlac249 said:

could've been worse, they might of gone anime style...shudder

what is "anime style" ? oh you're one of those who think anime is ONE style.... anime is as varied as cartoons and movies together in style. there is no one anime style. 

besides I could think of a tone of anime styles that would look far better than these flash animations. 

• Like 1