Is it possible to focus on creating nothing but a small town or lightly populated suburban area? How much freedom do you have to create your own "type" of "city"? Does every level/challenge always end up with you creating massive skyscrapers in highly populated downtown New York City-like areas?

How is the performance and graphics settings?

Yeah I dunno I ran the game in normal mode, without unlimited funds and the only way to unlock specific types of buildings is to have a population over X. So it kind of sucks in that aspect.

Yeah I dunno I ran the game in normal mode, without unlimited funds and the only way to unlock specific types of buildings is to have a population over X. So it kind of sucks in that aspect.

I meant more like, can you purposefully create small towns and still win the scenarios? Or do all scenarios require you to have to eventually build huge, crowded cities?

I meant more like, can you purposefully create small towns and still win the scenarios? Or do all scenarios require you to have to eventually build huge, crowded cities?

I might need to elaborate on my comment, I would say no, because if you keep a small town, people can't get a proper education, because you can't build a high-school or university until you reach population of so many people. So jobs are not as plentiful and people leave or buildings get vacant and run down, thus you have no income because people leave and you don't receive taxes. Among various other buildings you cannot build due to small population sizes.

I might need to elaborate on my comment, I would say no, because if you keep a small town, people can't get a proper education, because you can't build a high-school or university until you reach population of so many people. So jobs are not as plentiful and people leave or buildings get vacant and run down, thus you have no income because people leave and you don't receive taxes. Among various other buildings you cannot build due to small population sizes.

can't that be solved with unlimited money ?

That's a bummer. That's one of my big peeves with these types of games. I'd like to be able to create a small/mid-size town similar to the ones I grew up in and still be able to "win". Lots of people work in different towns/areas than where they live. I guess my only hope is to wait for someone to create a mod that lets your city's residents have out-of-city jobs. That way you could keep your town small and not have to worry about providing in-town jobs for every one.

Does this also have a pure building mode like SimCity 2013 where you don't have to actually worry about money?

Does this also have a pure building mode like SimCity 2013 where you don't have to actually worry about money?

One of the launch mods take away the costs, IIRC

One of the launch mods take away the costs, IIRC

That's cool, I just like building and not so much managing.

Sigh. As usual for these types of games, I'm super excited to play them and build out a city etc. But once the tutorials start or I get into the meat of the game, it's just to complicated for my old brain to keep up with things. Either that, or I'm stupid.

But yes, it's what Simcity 2013 should have been.

• Like 2

Sigh. As usual for these types of games, I'm super excited to play them and build out a city etc. But once the tutorials start or I get into the meat of the game, it's just to complicated for my old brain to keep up with things. Either that, or I'm stupid.

i feel you man.  i am having hard time with strategy games too.    15-20 years ago it was my favorite.  

heck, i am not even exited about setting up new electronics i buy - it used to be my favorite thing to do, and now it is just a chore - all i want is for it to work, and don't like settings... LOL

I'd like to use that website but I don't understand Portuguese :(

Unfortunately, i think they've blocked buying from there without a VPN. But i think GMG might be pretty cheap as well.

Apparantly I'm an idiot.

I've just built my first city. Built a curved road out from the main road, plopped a few residential zones, added some power and some water and expected to have a flood of people rushing in.

I'm now almost bankrupt and I have exactly ZERO people in my city. What am I doing wrong? I connected to the highway.. the 'no road connected' sign is no longer there, at least.

Is there anything else I need to do?

There's a few annoying things about it.

sure, if you want to micro manage let it be an option, but why would the guy who runs the city have to tell the guys who run the city dumps that they have to empty them because they're full...

Public transport is ridiculous. why can't I just place stops, why do I need to make annoying traffic routes, it's stupid and the system to make them is annoying, and if you get disrupted doing one, you can't really pick it back up but have to delete it by manually right clicking each and every stop...

And most annoying of all, why do I need to tear down and rebuil roads to make them one way or change direction. It's just a matter of painting new arrows on the asphalt. especially annoying on the highways as you have to build roads in the direction you want the travel to be, meaning you're doomed to get highways that aren't perfectly paralell and get's progressively worse. if they at least allowed you to paint the road following the one next to it or something. 

There's a few annoying things about it.

sure, if you want to micro manage let it be an option...

This is exactly my thoughts too. I've never understood these simulation games where one has to care about such trivial crap as having to demolish an abandoned building. Have an option for those who want to micro-manage, as you said, but then have a more broad game play style where that small stuff can be worked out by the AI.

I want to build a city, not manage it  :laugh:

Traffic is giving me issues as well.

Having normal 2 way traffic got crowded. Dead people couldn't get picked up, traffic noise was making people sick.

Found this guide http://www.tentonhammer.com/guides/cities-skyline/cities-skyline-traffic-and-congestion-guide

which says to use one way traffic, but it seems even worse. Garbage trucks, fire trucks, etc can't get to where they need to go for some reason. Gonna take a while to figure this out. I need to better plan obviously.

We need and upgrade road option :p bulldozing roads wouldn't be so bad if the buildings that were on them didnt vanish.