NFL2K Returns. RIP Madden.

:D

Last October, 2K Sports employees and Joe Montana both teased a motion capture session for an unknown football game. While the obvious elephant in the room is 2K Sports planning to put together another football title, a member of their team revealed in December their brand logo aligned with Joe Montana in a viral tweet.

An anonymous poster on Operation Sports soon revealed Joe Montana Football 16 would be releasing this summer exclusive for Windows Platforms Xbox One and PC. Due to the EA and NFL licensing agreement, muitiplatfrom titles (or releases on PlayStation and Xbox brands) are banned unless their first party releases.

In the past, Microsoft had their own internal and very successful exclusive studio XSN Sports (previous home to NFL Fever), but closed down due to a rumored threat of losing support from Electronic Arts. Now with their relationship at an all-time high, competition is something that wouldn

I'll buy for 3 reasons 1) Joe Montana, 2) PC Football, 3) To send a message to EA and the NFL.

Uh, the NFL gets the same money either game you buy.

Yes. It's not that I don't want to pay the NFL, I don't want any more exclusivity moving forward.

Yes. It's not that I don't want to pay the NFL, I don't want any more exclusivity moving forward.

how will this change NFL's stance on exclusivity. they make a load of money licensing NFL to one developer/publisher, and they make extra by allowing first party platform exclusives. Nothing can change that really. 

Edited by Skiver