• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dutch version of autopatcher v2

theteek    0

I have heard something about a dutch team but not the details.

I want autopatcher as soon as possible into dutch but I'm not going translate if other peoples do the same work.

double work.

can we make a team? to work on a dutch version?

and something else:

Merry christmas and a happy new year to all!

snowtree2.jpg

akaladis    1

amen, i remember i used to shout about forming a small group!!! 1 guy for DB/AXP file organizing, 1 guy for Hotfix research, 1 guy to translate the documentation, 1 guy to co-ordinate them and be the link between the group and us... This way everyone will be responsible for only one part :D

/Raptor

Communicator    0

Come on guys, we've talked about this in another thread . I keep reading different stuff. Let's get our act together!!!!!!!

I'm willing to do translations, I'm no programmer though.......Also downloading the Dutch versions of the Hotfixes is no problem, just give me an URL.....

Let's get this thing on the road!!!!!!

akaladis    1

ok, so far i see Communicator being the documentation translator/hotfix researcher!

anyone wants the DB/AXP spot?

/Raptor

theteek    0

I want do the: documentation autorun and menu...

who want the database and hotfixxex?

cpugeniusmv    0

it would be really easy to make a small VB app that would download/replace all the hotfixes and database files in the AP...

i've started a little something, but i'm having tons of trouble finding all the patches for download :( if someone can come up with those links...that would be awesome.

here's what i'm trying to accomplish:

make a small app that will use a database of it's own...a different datafile for each language. the datafile would include the unique identifier that is in the AutoPatcher database, as well as a direct link to the file on microsoft's site.

the app would then update the axp files to point to the new executables, delete the old executables, and download the language version.

that could be easily done, and i intend to do it! but as i said before, i'm having trouble finding links to patches :(

theteek    0
it would be really easy to make a small VB app that would download/replace all the hotfixes and database files in the AP...

i've started a little something, but i'm having tons of trouble finding all the patches for download :( if someone can come up with those links...that would be awesome.

here's what i'm trying to accomplish:

make a small app that will use a database of it's own...a different datafile for each language. the datafile would include the unique identifier that is in the AutoPatcher database, as well as a direct link to the file on microsoft's site.

the app would then update the axp files to point to the new executables, delete the old executables, and download the language version.

that could be easily done, and i intend to do it! but as i said before, i'm having trouble finding links to patches :(

here you can find all windows updates:

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/nl/d...?corporate=true

cpugeniusmv    0

well, i started to get links to the dutch versions one by one...

i hit the Bluetooth update....and i couldn't find it, so i gave up until another day.

i even looked there....didn't see it.

theteek    0
well, i started to get links to the dutch versions one by one...

i hit the Bluetooth update....and i couldn't find it, so i gave up until another day.

i even looked there....didn't see it.

can you add me on msn? so we can work together by making autopatcher NL?

and which updates do you have fixxed allready???

shuffletown    0

Hi I'm a new member of this forum.

And I would love to see the software made for the Dutch language.

Thanks in advance for working on it.

Maybe I can help if you got beta's to test.

c4rl0s    0

Same here ;)

I'm a dutchie too, i would love to contribute to a dutch version of xp autopatcher. :)

pietbhai    0

can join the club

DuM    0

i'm in for it too :)

not sure what i can do to contribute though

cpugeniusmv    0

well, i've been playing around trying to find direct urls to all the files (that would make it easy to make a "downloader" that would download all the files, instead of me making one huge package and trying to distribute it with my slow upload)...

but i'm having a terrible time. nearly half the updates are nowhere to be found. (i've looked in the WU Catalog as well, but i can't get direct links from there :( )

attached is kind of the format i'm trying to do...

the unique ID in the APDB, then a comma...and the url to the file.

example:

Q029833,http://download.microsoft.com/download/09we67fsd7ft9as8d76f0sd9fuhlk32h/Q029833.exe

that way the "downloader" would read this "datafile" and download it to the correct place in the directory structure of AutoPatcher.

however, it's not really worth doing if i can't find all the links. even then, some of the patches require some work done on them before they can be installed silently (some exe's need to have the msi's stripped out in order to use those)

so pretty much i've given up on that...if someone wants to take my idea and run with it, have at it...

attached is a sample of what i've come up with for the French "datafile"

it doesn't have all the UniqueIDs in place, only the Microsoft updates (no bonus features or registry tweaks.)

French.zip

akaladis    1

okies, i see a bunch already :D

now, who will be the leader? i say he who understands best how autopatcher works... thus somebody with basic programming understanding... file format understanding is also required :)

who's up for the spot?

/Raptor

cpugeniusmv    0
okies, i see a bunch already :D

now, who will be the leader? i say he who understands best how autopatcher works... thus somebody with basic programming understanding... file format understanding is also required :)

who's up for the spot?

/Raptor

that sounds a lot like me...and i'll do it.

i just need some of you guys to support me, and give me feedback...

can't do it alone :)

theteek    0
that sounds a lot like me...and i'll do it.

i just need some of you guys to support me, and give me feedback...

can't do it alone :)

okey deal!

but can't we talk in dutch? make tasks for everyone: menu, translate docs, translate database etc etc.

who does what? and hat would be the release date!?

c4rl0s    0

cpugeniusmv ive contacted you on ICQ :)

Teek, i suppose we could talk dutch to eachother, but not here. maybe we could all meet up in an IRC channel. :cool:

theteek    0

I don't have irc. but can't we get a dutch topic for autopatcher?

of can you add me on msn? r_v_geel@hotmail.com

??

wat wil/kan jij doen?

akaladis    1

ok... cpugeniusmv is dutch team leader...

cpugeniusmv, gather up all the rest of the team somewhere (IM chat or IRC or anything you see fit) and assign roles for everybody plz...

Make sure you got ppl for the following:

hotfix research/download

file organization/packaging

database editing guy (prolly cpugeniusmv or theteek or both hehe)

/Raptor

c4rl0s    0

I have been busy for a week already collecting dutch hotfixes etc. also checking through registry tweaks if they work on a dutch installation of Windows XP too, (which should be obvious)

I'm still far away though, the database is half-filled now.. some things can be leaved as-is like startup-cpl,startup monitor, bootvis bliss screensaver, aspi layer etc.

I'm also busy with a dutch website for xp autopatcher with all the support information in dutch, but i want to discuss it first with Raptor or Flishfun before finishing it / putting it online..

Ive spoken with theTeek this afternoon, we were going through the objectives/planning about who's gonna do what.. I couldnt get in contact with cpugeniusmv yet.

c4rl0s    0

tip btw :

If you have dreamweaver installed, press CTRL+F and open the folder "%AutoPatcherXP_Dir%\AXPFiles

Use search and replace on entire folder, and you can update all the axp files with one click :)

just SEARCH for ENU and replace it with NLD :)

I was about to go through all of the axpfiles one by one till i thought about this method which i oftenly used for editing multiple html pages, but dreamweaver will open the axp files too

cpugeniusmv    0

cool cool....

there is one problem guys, i don't speak dutch lol...

so we'll have to speak in english :s

here's what i can do:

i can create a front-end program that will read a database (which i can also design) which will contain the UniqueIDs in the APDB, and the URL to it so the program can download it.

I'll need someone (or many) to translate descriptions of the patches.

I'll need someone (or many) to help find links to all the hotfixes.

c4rl0s    0
I'll need someone (or many) to translate descriptions of the patches.

I'll need someone (or many) to help find links to all the hotfixes

lol cpugeniusmv, and i thought you were dutch :) np

We could start the project today as i'm already seeking and download the hotfixes etc.