Help identifying the right type of curtain rod

Tantawi

Hi!

I have recently moved to a new apartment and I need help identifying what kind of curtain rod I need to buy to fit in these things on the wall?

post-49195-0-20715300-1429466820.jpg

I have one at each side of the window and I am clueless what do I need to buy that will fit in these! Googled around and checked Ikea but can't find a similar setup.

Thanks in advance! :)

Ironman273

Why don't you just remove them and buy whichever curtain rods you want?

• Like 3
Dinggus

Hi!

I have recently moved to a new apartment and I need help identifying what kind of curtain rod I need to buy to fit in these things on the wall?

attachicon.gifIMG_20150419_180505.jpg

I have one at each side of the window and I am clueless what do I need to buy that will fit in these! Googled around and checked Ikea but can't find a similar setup.

Thanks in advance! :)

Seem like they would be a very old/cheap curtain rod.

Something similar to this:

Curtain%20Rods.jpg

I'd recommend just taking Ironman273's advice.

• Like 1
PNWDweller

I have not run across that type before, but if you do get stuck and do not want to remove it, you can always ask the hive mind on reddit.  They are pretty fast when it comes to identifying some of the most oddball things.  :)

• Like 1
Tantawi

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes I can take it out and install whatever but being a rented apartment I would rather use what I have instead of asking for permission to dig holes and having to repaint them later :) I will try reddit.

COKid

Seem like they would be a very old/cheap curtain rod.

Something similar to this:

Curtain%20Rods.jpg

I'd recommend just taking Ironman273's advice.

That's a single projection and not what the OP has.

71bGSqlH6IL._SY355_.jpg

You'd have to ask just to hang a curtain rod?

I would just swap out the old one. You can use stucco to fill the screw holes if you're worried. I always fill in my nail holes before I move. Most good landlords will repaint the walls for a new tenant anyway. Heck, they usually thank me for saving them money for not having to pay the painters to fill the stupid holes in.

People lived there before you got there and people will live there after you are gone. Sure, be a responsible tenant, but don't overthink it. It is, after all, your home. Not a museum.

• Like 2
netty2014

its curtain rail but the sort they use in hospitals for showers and around beds its been adapted for the wrong purpose you are better off taking down the old fitting and buying a new pole ,you get the fittings and instructions in the pack if your not sure ask a neighbor to help you never know you might gain a new friend  :)

• Like 1
Tantawi

Ok guys, found it :D http://www.clasohlson.com/se/V%C3%A4ggbeslag/31-163 The shop is nearby and this is where they bought it from, will just go there and buy a compatible rod. Thanks for the insightful replies.

• 2 months later...
deni88

it is a bit difficult to find a matching curtain rod when one is missing. its not like you can buy one in the stores. it has to be a pair. Best bet is to buy a new set.