Amazon.com not accessible over wifi

So, i picked up a new router two days back and set it up. When i connect with my laptop through wifi. I am unable to connect to amazon.com. it just times out. However, if i use the ethernet cable(wired connection) to connect to the same router with the same laptop, it seems to work perfectly fine. 

Also, i tried to goto 72.21.206.6 through my wifi connection, it works fine. I haven't come across any other site yet but it is possible that there might be a few more than is causing this issue. 

Anyone know what might be causing this? Obviously its something on the router since that is the only new hardware in the network but I would like to keep this router as I got a fairly good deal on it and resolve this issue. The router is a TP-LINK archer C7 ver 2.0

Havent tried that yet but When i set it up, I updated the firmware to the latest version and did a factory reset then. That was yesterday. However, what i cant understand is the same router works fine over wired connection but having this issue over wifi. 

Havent tried that yet but When i set it up, I updated the firmware to the latest version and did a factory reset then. That was yesterday. However, what i cant understand is the same router works fine over wired connection but having this issue over wifi.

That makes even less sense - why would wireless be an issue compared to a wired connection - on the same router?

My NETGEAR WNDR3700v4 supports at least two wired and two wireless devices all the time; the two wired devices are both desktop PCs. However, the two wireless devices are a smartphone and one of my two notebooks. Visitors (bringing smartphones or notebooks) also use the same router. About half have Amazon accounts - three have Amazon Prime. Not one has any issue - via either smartphone OR notebook.

Did you hide you SSID? If so, you may need to either unhide it OR have the problem devices connect "in the blind". (Not all wireless adapters support blind connections, unfortunately - this is especially true of older adapters for 2.4 GHz N or slower. I didn't hide my SSID - however, I do have the strongest encryption that is commonly supported for home routers enabled (AES). (If I could safely go Enterprise, I would - however, THAT presents a problem for smartphones.)

No, the SSID is not hidden. And weirdly it works on the same wifi band for other devices (my smartphone).

I just changed the channel and beacon threshold and RTS threshold (read about something similar through a google search) but it seems to have fixed the issue. Its very weird. I still cant pinpoint what seems to have caused such an issue.

Sounds like a wifi card issue vs a router issue, main reason I say that is the fact that your phone does not have an issue, if it was a wifi settings thing none would be able to go to the site 

you sure you just didn't have an issue resolving it via wifi..  So when wifi do a ping to www.amazon.com or nslookup or dig or drill use whatever your fav tool is to resolve.

C:\>dig www.amazon.com                                                        

; <<>> DiG 9.10.2 <<>> www.amazon.com                                         
;; global options: +cmd                                                       
;; Got answer:                                                                
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 58045                     
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1          

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:                                                         
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096                                         
;; QUESTION SECTION:                                                          
;www.amazon.com.                        IN      A                             

;; ANSWER SECTION:                                                            
www.amazon.com.         60      IN      A       205.251.242.103               

;; Query time: 168 msec                                                       
;; SERVER: 192.168.1.253#53(192.168.1.253)                                    
;; WHEN: Mon Apr 20 06:08:52 Central Daylight Time 2015                       
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 59                                                         

Notice the really really short TTL of 60 seconds.  You could have had a bleep or gotten a bad entry and then when you were wired and did it again you got a different IP, etc.

so, it turns out there were quite a lot more issues that I was having and just needed time to find them as this the router was setup only a day before posting the first message. 

What i did was went back to the old router (TP LINK wr841nd) and on that everything is was back to working fine like before. This is the reason why i kept thinking it was the new router. However, since someone above pointed out that it might be the wifi card issue. So, I have a USB wifi adapter (used to use it with the desktop). I decided to plug that into the laptop and everything started working perfectly fine. no issues at all with the USB wifi adapter or over the wired connection. So, finally i updated the wifi driver from DELL's site and so far a whole day has passed and it seems to be working perfectly. 

What I dont understand is how a outdated driver can be preventing a site from loading and why it would work with an older router and not the new one.

Funny you mention that.....hardware not always plays nice with each other.  Case in point, some Apple laptops will NOT work with Belkin routers, why? who the hell knows...same issue you have, full connection to router, all settings are good, but nope, some websites do not work some others do, etc, etc, etc.....

Glad to hear it was a driver, and not you having to go and purchase a different brand of router.