Meet the browser: Edge Next

I wonder when they're going to give us some sort of favorites manager. Or at least give us the option to arrange favorites how we want (and not alphabetical).

Not to sound cynical but edge uses the same blue E icon which means IE.

This will scare users who are technical away thinking it's IE 6.

My coworkers laughed at me launching it thinking I went to IE sigh

Wait ... which build are you running? MS has not updated the icon or changed the name of Spartan to MS Edge in any recent build yet.

Not to sound cynical but edge uses the same blue E icon which means IE.

This will scare users who are technical away thinking it's IE 6.

My coworkers laughed at me launching it thinking I went to IE sigh

Microsoft backported "HSTS" protocol to Windows 7, Windows 8.1 as well through IE11

Its not anymore Windows 10 or Microsoft Edge exclusive.

Please you should have added description that its about Dark Mode in Microsoft Edge, since in first glance, I didn't manage to get that.

Quite like the look of that dark theme.

I doubt I'll switch to Edge straight away when it comes out, but I'm excited to see what Microsoft can do with it in the future with their new engine. I think the bulk of their work has been on that and not so much fleshing out the UI just yet.

Please you should have added description that its about Dark Mode in Microsoft Edge, since in first glance, I didn't manage to get that.

Actually Did that that but clicked on img link :cry: by mistake instead of making a LINK to the image.

Actually Did that that but clicked on img link :cry: by mistake instead of making a LINK to the image.

No issue bro. It was just a suggestion. No hard feelings..  :D  :laugh:  :D  :laugh:  :D  :)

It looks great with the dark theme on, the light theme needs more work though, too grey, maybe if they changed the address bar to be white and not grey as well that'd help break it up, and use the accent color, sure it's the light theme but title bars should use your accent color like before.

I wonder if the statement that the Edge brand would land in the build after the next build that goes out to Windows Insiders still holds, Gabriel said a while ago that the brand was in the current internal builds, and meanwhile, all builds prior have been scrapped from a release to Insiders.

Edge 16:          119808

Firefox 38.0.5: 142218

Chrome 43:      134096

It's getting there then, probably with better drivers it'll help overall.

Meet my fart:Next. It stinks worse than before, but launches with the force. (These threads kill me....like there will be a new one in a few months that says "meet the Netscape:Next" if there were one to come out, lol)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the problem is those developers who think WebKit is the coding standard, not HTML5. There are a lot of instances where something works as per the spec on IE11 right now but breaks on Chrome.

Just tested Edge 19 on WebGL: 120245 :p

Nice just on Edge 19, which one did you test before? 17?   They're really moving up quick and improving it at a solid rate.

Still forced to use the crappy Bing as search provider, so that 1 minute using Edge was it for me. Will try it again when you can change the provider.

Still forced to use the crappy Bing as search provider, so that 1 minute using Edge was it for me. Will try it again when you can change the provider.

LOL, Bing is awesome, and you can change the search provider. But sure, go ahead and dive into conclusions and decisions.