PHP DataBase

Question

Hey Guys,

I switched from HostGator to DreamHost, and the MySQL Databases are drastically different. So, I'm fairly lost on this one.

post-289822-0-10470800-1431165308.png

localhost doesn't work, would i put "neowinex.datascorner.com"?

This is for kloudspeaker, if anyone is wondering. cPanel is for noobs, dreamhost requires some intelligence, I'm lacking some of that right now.

Nevermind, I had a typo! LOL

6 answers to this question

I hardly think you're in the position to suggest that cpanel is for noobs.  cpanel is for the majority who want simple control.

Agreed. It's also incredibly useful when you have a lot of web instances dotted around for various customers who have their own hosting. Saves a lot of time / has a degree of consistency & familiarity.

I hardly think you're in the position to suggest that cpanel is for noobs.  cpanel is for the majority who want simple control.

Well, I guess saying "noobs" is a bit far, it's simplistic and easy to understand.

Agreed. It's also incredibly useful when you have a lot of web instances dotted around for various customers who have their own hosting. Saves a lot of time / has a degree of consistency & familiarity.

Yes it is, I was fairly disappointed when I logged into the control panel for dreamhost. I was so lost. I guess I was just spoiled. Now, to work on the php script. D:

Well, I guess saying "noobs" is a bit far, it's simplistic and easy to understand.

Which is what the majority want.  Look, over the last few months, you have learned a lot on here - so don't go throwing around words like that, when some of your questions have been a bit (what you'd call) noobish.

Which is what the majority want.  Look, over the last few months, you have learned a lot on here - so don't go throwing around words like that, when some of your questions have been a bit (what you'd call) noobish.

I called it noobish, simply because I was a damn noob, and I learned quite a bit from it. So when I call it "noobish", that's exactly what it is. If a noob, beginner can understand it, it's very definition is exactly that. If you want to debate the finer points of this, by all means, let's take it to a PM. Much like words cannot display emotions, but I'm find you to be an a**hole right now. Could just be the way I'm reading it, but who knows...?

I called it noobish, simply because I was a damn noob, and I learned quite a bit from it. So when I call it "noobish", that's exactly what it is. If a noob, beginner can understand it, it's very definition is exactly that. If you want to debate the finer points of this, by all means, let's take it to a PM. Much like words cannot display emotions, but I'm find you to be an a**hole right now. Could just be the way I'm reading it, but who knows...?

No, you are implying it has a key demographic: noobs, beginners, whatever you want to call it, it's a false statement.

cPanel is easy to use, but thats whats so great about it, it's for everybody. I would go as far to say it's the industry standard control panel.. You wouldn't be having this problem if you were using cPanel, I work in the web industry and hate it when I'm on a host without cPanel, these big companies don't tend to use it (maybe don't want to pay licensing fees) so they use custom control panels and most of them are rubbish.