• 26 - 30
    • 31 - 35
    • 36 - 40
    • 41 - 45
    • 45 - 50
    • Over 50 years old.
    • I've never had one.
  3. 3. Why did you have it done.

• I already have kids, I don't want any more.
    • I don't ever want kids.
    • I've never had a Vasectomy

I had a vasectomy when I was 46 so that my wife could get off the Pill.

We have a beautiful daughter, and, at that age, didn't want any more.

My co-pay was all of $40.  

I'm guessing you didn't actually check into this -- tubal ligation is MUCH more expensive and invasive than a vascectomy.  All carriers cover vasectomies.

BTW, I was a bit tender for a couple days (they're done on Friday afternoons for a reason.)

I have checked into it, hence how I know my insurance won't cover it.  And I meant tubal ligation is more expensive and invasive, hence why I said it makes no sense why insurance won't cover the vasectomy but will cover my wive having the surgery

Are you in the US? Who is your carrier?  I have had two different insurance carriers in the last 3 years and looked into others during open enrollment.  I haven't found any that cover vasectomies. . 

Not painful for the procedure, but painful/discomfort/soreness after the fact in the testicles.

1st day, frozen peas on testicles and you walk funny from the couch to the bathroom. Day 2 still walking a little funny, but much better. By day 3 and 4 you feel fine other than the testicles are a little sore due the fact that you can't release sperm but that goes away. The absolute worst part of the entire thing is how horny you are by day 3.

Doctor says no ejaculation for 7 days.

Glad someone made this topic. I been on the fence about. I been currently using the pull out method after the 1st baby(which was intentional). But as a father I just didnt realize how different with kids life was going to be. I am just now recovering from the sleep depravation. My wife wants more and I wanted a son this time around but I know my luck and I will end up with another girl. So I am ready to get it done so I dont have to worry about this anymore. If you all can share your post experience about the procedure that would be great. I mainly need to know about the pain part and what the romance is like afterwards.

Glad someone made this topic. I been on the fence about. I been currently using the pull out method after the 1st baby(which was intentional). But as a father I just didnt realize how different with kids life was going to be. I am just now recovering from the sleep depravation. My wife wants more and I wanted a son this time around but I know my luck and I will end up with another girl. So I am ready to get it done so I dont have to worry about this anymore. If you all can share your post experience about the procedure that would be great. I mainly need to know about the pain part and what the romance is like afterwards.

The greatest fear when you think about the procedure is them jabbing a large needle into your scrotum. Gotta admit I wasn't really nervous before, but if I was thinking about something I was thinking about that.

That part which happens twice is the only pain you will feel, I hate to even call it pain. I'd call it a sting you feel it inside but not even that bad. 1st he goes in a little then a little deeper.

Then he pulls it out and from there on you feel nothing. In fact at one point he already had my tube out and was working on it. I said "oh you already have it out? He said yep. Who knew. Then I lifted my head and watched him work.

The 2nd time he poked me, felt better than the first because some of the area is already numb.

Here is a good video

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhkjPuEX5Ps

I removed the H in HTTP so it wouldn't embed.

You know that's a pretty unreliable method of birth control, right? During arousal and the "act" there is a "leakage". This leakage contains millions of sperm cells. Should one of them find its way to happy town, the leakage will transfer from your ###### to you wallet for the next 18-25 years.

When used correctly its more reliable than you think. Yeah I know it only takes 1 to get a baby out of the billions that get released at a time. However if you good at it you cut that number down drastically. The journey from begining to end is pretty drastic. You guys should check out the video called the great sperm journey. I remember seeing this on youtube. Basically all the swimmers are set to be as if it were life size and each one is the size of a human. It shows what they all must go thru. Usually by the time they get to the target its barely more than 10 that make it out of those millions or billions.

For me getting the snip just means I dont have to maintain that level of control at all times during the act. It takes alot of self control to fight that natural urge. Right now its just a matter of conviencing my wife. Any suggestions on this? Any help would be appreciated. She is dead set on having another one because she does not want our daughter to be alone if we did but who is to say the other sibling wouldnt die? Which is my argument.

No point in getting a Vasectomy.

Just stand in the middle of a high radiation zone, you'll either A) Gain super powers or B) Stop producing children

or C) Die from Cancer

...and cancer, and prostate issues, etc. (have a family member who handled nuclear materials before they considered suits to be a mandatory thing apparently) :/

Anyway, I personally would like to have it done. My wife and I have a very active sex life and enjoy our time together and independence too much to want kids. (no, it won't change, stop saying that)

Besides, my brother had 4. I think I'm good enough with being the favorite uncle. :p

I had it done. More of a psychological trauma than physical pain. I had the procedure done in the morning, mowed the lawn in the afternoon. Not a big deal.

I was given one very good piece of advice: You need to wear a jock strap for a couple days to support your junk. GET ONE THAT IS ONE SIZE TOO SMALL.

Your bag is swollen for a day and a half and you don't want the boys to move around. At all. Having the junk tied up is wayyyy more comfortable. For instance, I took the jock strap off to take a shower. Big mistake. I ended up wearing the jock strap in the shower.

Ya I tried to find mine, couldn't find it. So I never wore one. Never had an issue with hanging testicles.

I think your biggest mistake was mowing the lawn a few hours after your vasectomy! :p

If your doctor knew he would probably have spanked you!

I have no need for a vasectomy, being fat and ugly, an arse hole and repulsive to womenfolk I never get to do anything that could result in a child being created by my seed.

For full disclosure I have two daughters, 22 and 18, and two grand kids, but my statement holds true - just ask my ex-wife  :rofl:

...and cancer, and prostate issues, etc. (have a family member who handled nuclear materials before they considered suits to be a mandatory thing apparently) :/

Anyway, I personally would like to have it done. My wife and I have a very active sex life and enjoy our time together and independence too much to want kids. (no, it won't change, stop saying that)

Besides, my brother had 4. I think I'm good enough with being the favorite uncle. :p

I did mention that, in my defense.

I started out young having kids(high school hormones are insane) my oldest is 22 I am 39, 2nd oldest is 17........I had mine done in my 20's after my 3rd child(now 15) was about 6 months old....... ex-wife got pregnant with 4th child(now 14) a few months after I got snipped.   I am glad I did it when I did I have 2 girls 2 boys and that's enough for me.

My to be new wife version 2.0 (Final Edition) has 2 kids as well,  in less than 4 years we will have no kids left in the house and we can do what we want.

I only want to put this out there to people who are prone to cancer--if it runs in the family.

http://www.webmd.com/prostate-cancer/news/20140710/study-links-vasectomy-to-aggressive-prostate-cancer

I had it snipped when I was 23. I was in my marriage for the long haul but I didn't want my X to pop out any more kids--horrible mother--and I wasn't about to leave them. Long story short, she left us and I ended up raising them myself. So think very seriously about why you're doing it.

Ok, my back hurts and I need to get off my soap box, lend a hand please ;-)

I only want to put this out there to people who are prone to cancer--if it runs in the family.

http://www.webmd.com/prostate-cancer/news/20140710/study-links-vasectomy-to-aggressive-prostate-cancer

I had it snipped when I was 23. I was in my marriage for the long haul but I didn't want my X to pop out any more kids--horrible mother--and I wasn't about to leave them. Long story short, she left us and I ended up raising them myself. So think very seriously about why you're doing it.

...So was that a pro having kids or against having kids story lol

...So was that a pro having kids or against having kids story lol

LOL. depends on how you want to look at it I guess. I was thinking more along the lines of personal health, then had a thought about why I did what I did. BTW, having kids was the best thing to happen to me. It pretty much saved my life because I was out of control before I got married and had kids. I never would have guess that 25 years ago but looking back

LOL. depends on how you want to look at it I guess. I was thinking more along the lines of personal health, then had a thought about why I did what I did. BTW, having kids was the best thing to happen to me. It pretty much saved my life because I was out of control before I got married and had kids. I never would have guess that 25 years ago but looking back

People always say how once they have kids they would never live without them, which is probably true. But on the other hand you can't miss what you've never had.

Same reason why i've never smoked.

I had open heart surgery two years before I had my snip, if you think getting the snip is sore, try getting your breast bone jacked apart for heart surgery, I thought I had been knocked down with a truck after the pain relief wore off, it was a few weeks recovery before I could lift myself off the mattress without holding my chest.  I then about a year after the snip had bowel surgery, threat of cancer, removed all my lower bowel and Anus, could not sit easily for weeks, the snip is NOTHING. 

• 1 month later...

The worst part about it is the sustaining for a few days for the samples. Thursday is my 2nd and last sample! (The 1st one came back negative) TORTURE!

Maybe after I find the right woman to settle down with and have kids. Until then, like my dad always says: "Wrap it in latex, or she gets half your paychecks."

I've never had one, and dont plan on it.

Back when my g/f was having our second kid, she had serious complications,

and the doctor asked me if I was going to get a vasectomy after that,

and I almost said... "How is that going to stop her from getting pregnant again". lol!!

The g/f ended up getting her tubes tied.

• 5 months later...

Just giving an update for this thread. I am going to try to get it done on this Tuesday. I been kind of nervous about it for a while now but it needs to be done this year otherwise the price goes up due to the deductible. I am hoping I will be able to move around and about when Christmas gets here otherwise its going to suck. If I don't chicken out by then I will give another update around New Years to say how my experience was. I am even thinking of doing a video on youtube. Lately I been seeing a lot of Vegans talking about getting vasectomies when I was doing my research on this topic. So I thought maybe I should give the meatatarian perspective on vasectomy.

So I just got back this morning from the procedure. I am really sore right now. I think it was due to all the tugging to get it out. So far only using over the counter pain meds. The discomfort is manageable. It feels like when you played football as a kid and you took a really hard hit to the groin.