Space Shuttle Columbia was shot down by terrorists

Keep in mind that USSR had dedicated anti-satellite airplanes in service during Cold War (this was a modified MiG 31) and test launches did result in hits, so it is not *technically* impossible. However terrorists getting access to that technology is rather unlikely.

also notice it got hotter and hotter before it exploded, dont ya think that sounds like a laser?

No... it sounds more like heat buildup from friction.

The reason everyone disagrees is because the theory is stupid and the arguments you are presenting are lame.

Keep in mind that USSR had dedicated anti-satellite airplanes in service during Cold War (this was a modified MiG 31) and test launches did result in hits, so it is not *technically* impossible. However terrorists getting access to that technology is rather unlikely.

yes and correct me if im wrong but dont both nk and iran have soviet technology?

It was the alienz.... :alien: ther lazerz cutz through spacez tilz!!! Iv seen it myself! They took me upz in ther saucer, and performed expeimentz on me!!

:hump:

But no, really, it was not a missile. There may be missiles with the technical ability to shoot it down, but It would take 10 terrorist math geniuses locked in a room for three days to get the timing and balistics right, and then they'd have to get launching equipment that could be aimed in like, arc seconds, and then, fire it within, oh, say a .001 second interval, and let's face it, the shuttle wouldn't even be in the exact right place, because part of the landing, is, naturally, manual (though probably not by the point I think they were shot down....)

Well, I say the terrorists could have done it, if they were able to sneak a fighter jet with an insane pilot and super fine onbaord projectile trajectory computer and aiming device, that far into A. WAY U.S airspace, B. In an area the FAA were sure to be watching like nuts on the radar/etc.

wrong, US ballistic missiles can travel at 15,000mph.  wasn't the shuttle going like mach 18?  thats pretty similar.  although i believe their accuracy is measurd in km...

also, ICBMs also leave the atmosphere, but i forget the specs on them and how high the shuttle was.

Most satellites are in geostationary orbit. They move with the Earth at the same speed that it rotates. You don't need a "fast missile" to hit it.

The Columbia is basically like a speeding bullet coming into earth. It acts like a glider to slow down. Hitting it with a missle is damn near impossible.

But we alll know how well the Patriot missile system works .... and the Star Wars project which can't shoot down anything without doctoring the results.

----

If it was shot down by a missle..... who shot it? Who provided the weapon? What was the motivation? Anything else you want to fill us in on?

Conspiracy nuts always do a good job of asking absurd questions. They never come up with logical explanations.

Here's some more stupidities. http://people.fix.no/pudding/burton/kennedy/theories.html Wacky Kennedy theories. One saying he killed himself. Someone killed him to steal his brain ...... Is there no end to this BS? :angry:

the shuttle blew up on reentry. If it blew because it was burning up, do you really think a missile would survive the atmosphere? whoever said a satellite got shot down by a missle, i want a source. until then, ur stupid.

Impossible.... Nobody has a missile that can reach that high.......

THere isnt even a missile that travels that fast. Plus the shuttle was destroyed over American territory.

Yeah, like those 2 airplanes on the WTC! :cool:

Impossible.... Nobody has a missile that can reach that high.......

THere isnt even a missile that travels that fast. Plus the shuttle was destroyed over American territory.

Yeah, like those 2 airplanes on the WTC! :cool:

:huh:

/scratches head

Look in bold.?..

the shuttle blew up on reentry. If it blew because it was burning up, do you really think a missile would survive the atmosphere? whoever said a satellite got shot down by a missle, i want a source. until then, ur stupid.

http://www.fas.org/spp/guide/russia/military/asat/coorb.htm

http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/asat.htm

http://www.friends-partners.org/partners/m...craft/dsp1m.htm

Would you like more information?

Uhm Hello,

It was most definetly the Aliens -

:alien: :alien: :alien: :alien:

Oh and by the way luftwaffe those links are completely irrelevant. And for every link you find I can find three that say the aliens did it.

Here's a choice quote from one of those pages.

The USAF planned to procure up to 112 ASM-135A missiles for use by twenty modified F-15A interceptors. However, the program was terminated in 1988, partly for political reasons because the ASAT might violate treaties about the military use of space

M=ΔT