Are you afraid to die?

This thread shows 2 things --- of all the people saying "i dont care" - its either

1) Depression

2) Trying to show the im cool/tough - F- it ! persona

3) Both

It actually just shows that most of us have completely different opinions from you. You seem to be afraid of death, even though there are much worst things to be afraid of right now in your life.

It actually just shows that most of us have completely different opinions from you. You seem to be afraid of death, even though there are much worst things to be afraid of right now in your life.

Well that is rather observant of you -- considering I said I was and didnt want to die.  But since you commited the same thing you accused me of - tell me what I should be afraid of right now ?

Well that is rather observant of you -- considering I said I was and didnt want to die.  But since you commited the same thing you accused me of - tell me what I should be afraid of right now ?

Obviously no-one wants to die, it's just that most of us can accept that it's going to happen one day, so we aren't afraid of it. As for your question, I can't answer that, because it varies depending on the person.

Obviously no-one wants to die, it's just that most of us can accept that it's going to happen one day, so we aren't afraid of it. As for your question, I can't answer that, because it varies depending on the person.

I realize that, but you said there are things I should be worried about more than that -- See what I mean (differences of opinion)

Some might think - well anything other than resulting in death would be minor in comparison, so nothing is scarier than death....

Semantics - I know - Im just bored

I realize that, but you said there are things I should be worried about more than that -- See what I mean (differences of opinion)

Some might think - well anything other than resulting in death would be minor in comparison, so nothing is scarier than death....

Semantics - I know - Im just bored

Thing is, unless you aren't afraid of anything there will be worst things, which could be considered major.

In most cases, people will die naturally, giving them not much time to fear it as it's happening. And even though you fear it, you shouldn't, because you probably have plenty of years left to live.

Basically, forget about fearing your death. And instead fear the important current issues in life. 

Thing is, unless you aren't afraid of anything there will be worst things, which could be considered major.

In most cases, people will die naturally, giving them not much time to fear it as it's happening. And even though you fear it, you shouldn't, because you probably have plenty of years left to live.

Basically, forget about fearing your death. And instead fear the important current issues in life. 

Thats the thing - I dont fear anything right now.  I wouldnt want family members to die - but other than that .... all good.

Thats the thing - I dont fear anything right now.  I wouldnt want family members to die - but other than that .... all good.

I suppose that explains why you don't believe that there are worst fears than death. Though, I'm sure you have had major fears in the past.

I suppose that explains why you don't believe that there are worst fears than death. Though, I'm sure you have had major fears in the past.

Clowns.

Just dont trust them.

Oh, and anytime I have to drive through Arlington - thats pretty scary.

Clowns.

Just dont trust them.

Oh, and anytime I have to drive through Arlington - thats pretty scary.

Hmm, interesting! What do you consider those fears?

Hmm, interesting! What do you consider those fears?

Clowns - just creepy - dont know why really -

Arlington - fear of being shot,stabbed, mugged, raped, killed then raped, etc.

Clowns - just creepy - dont know why really -

Arlington - fear of being shot,stabbed, mugged, raped, killed then raped, etc.

See, I think this shows that you aren't necessarily afraid of death, it's more that you're afraid of the pain you would experience in those situations.  

And yes, I understand your fear of clowns.

nope and I don't care and I'd love to die in the blaze of glory by either killing an ###### while lots of people watch or getting drunk while riding a roller coaster or by flooring a ferrari or equivalant sports car. :D

Then its fear of both the pain and the not coming back part. - pain is temporary, death is permanent.

Well, personally I don't fear the not coming back part. but the pain part is a different story.

nope and I don't care and I'd love to die in the blaze of glory by either killing an ###### while lots of people watch or getting drunk while riding a roller coaster or by flooring a ferrari or equivalant sports car. :D

After seeing Porsche Girl - I would not want any part of that last part.

BTW - what was the ###### part ?

After seeing Porsche Girl - I would not want any part of that last part.

BTW - what was the ###### part ?

a word that begins with a and ends with e

A little bit, but it isn't like I can do anything to prevent it. Better to focus on trying to live fully.

Like many others here, I'm not afraid to die, but I'm afraid to die in pain (illness, cancer, ...) or to slowly become an annoyance to my family (Alzheimer).

I wouldn't say I'm afraid, but I'm not in a situation that could knowingly end in my death. Yeah, I know I could be killed on my way home or blah blah blah, but that isn't knowingly.