A Newbie wants to Learn

Question

Hello guys!

It's my first time here and I recently decided to learn web designing and programming. So I found this Forum a good place to start off with and get ideas and updates. 

I wanna know the basic things to note as a newbie in Web designing and programming. I've never done it before, I have no teacher. I just want to learn on my own. Any idea, clues, materials will be highly appreciated guys. Thanks. 

10 answers to this question

You are a newbie in Web Design like me. I'm learning through YouTube and Notepad++ . When I'm going to solve any big issue then I will take the Forum to solve it. 

You are a newbie in Web Design like me. I'm learning through YouTube and Notepad++ . When I'm going to solve any big issue then I will take the Forum to solve it. 

I really can you advice to you Sublime 2 or 3.

http://www.sublimetext.com/

Thanks Dutch IT guy ! but I think NotePad is the best for my job. 

Notepad is good if you want to learn everything as you're doing it. It offers no help what so ever, no shortcuts and no cheating. So yup, everything you stick in Notepad is actual work you have done yourself.

Always learn the language not the tool.

It all depends on how you prefer to learn, but Code Academy and Treehouse are great places to start.