E3 2015 Nintendo Digital Event Discussion

Hopefully, the 3DS has been getting all the AC love. AC with gamepad support would be great.

I can understand why some want AC on home consoles more, but it needs to evolve beyond the handheld version.

Right now the gameplay just suits 3DS far more. City Folk was a disappointment after the 3 year wait following Wild World.

Ironically Microsoft, in an odd way, did more to pay homage to the Wii U features than Nintendo did.

Backward Compatibility? CHECK.

Off TV Play? CHECK.

Next year...E3...Microsoft: Look at Legend Of Zelda, now available on xbox one. Mario Galaxy too! Oh and...the real...metroid prime. Floor collapses from all the hype. But wait...REAL ANIMAL CROSSING. *Massive earthquake detected in California*

Nintendo: AMIIBOS, AMIIBOS, AMIIBOS! Want to play a game, BUY AN AMIIBO.

Sorry...sooooo salty right now.

I can understand why some want AC on home consoles more, but it needs to evolve beyond the handheld version.

Right now the gameplay just suits 3DS far more. City Folk was a disappointment after the 3 year wait following Wild World.

Even a port to consoles of a 3DS title would be fine for me (with some graphical upgrades and tailored to gamepad features). It is best suited to handheld, but it's Nintendos 1st party IP, not having a Wii U iteration is daft. A B-tier board game is just... what... Easy cash in for Amiibos that will sell out in an hour.

Cross play/Cross save/Cross buy is a combination screaming at this.

Ironically Microsoft, in an odd way, did more to pay homage to the Wii U features than Nintendo did.

Backward Compatibility? CHECK.

Off TV Play? CHECK.

Next year...E3...Microsoft: Look at Legend Of Zelda, now available on xbox one. Mario Galaxy too! Oh and...the real...metroid prime. Floor collapses from all the hype. But wait...REAL ANIMAL CROSSING. *Massive earthquake detected in California*

Nintendo: AMIIBOS, AMIIBOS, AMIIBOS! Want to play a game, BUY AN AMIIBO.

Sorry...sooooo salty right now.

Don't mean to laugh at your despair but your post made me laugh. :)

Now if you all excuse me I don't follow Nintendo as much as I used to and I have read so many conflicting reports so I don't know if this is basic information... Is the NX supposed to be a replacement for the Wii U or just a different type of consolofe with a different target audience.

Audioboxer, straight from the AC E3 reveal for you:

bnkFUaI.png

Now if you all excuse me I don't follow Nintendo as much as I used to and I have read so many conflicting reports so I don't know if this is basic information... Is the NX supposed to be a replacement for the Wii U os jurt a different type of consolofe with a different target audience.

Replacement for the Wii U, so basically its successor.

Apart from that not much is really known except for rumors, and most of those have been proved false already.

It was a flop because the abandoned Zelda and Metroid if they repeat the same boneheaded mistake with the NX it too will be a flop.

They should have shipped two of each by now and be working on a third.

• Like 1

It was a flop because the abandoned Zelda and Metroid if they repeat the same boneheaded mistake with the NX it too will be a flop.

They should have shipped two of each by now and be working on a third.

How has Zelda been abandoned?

There's 2 games in development and we just had ALBW, MM3D and WW3D...And before that we had OoT3D and SS.

There's never been so many Zelda games releasing this close together, if anything!

If you are interested in what looks like a good NEW Wii U game go support this:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival?ref=hero_thanks

Only 5 hours are left and it looks more interesting than anything Nintendo has shown for the Wii U this year.

Looks good but is too far away to commit money to it.

How has Zelda been abandoned?

There's 2 games in development and we just had ALBW, MM3D and WW3D...And before that we had OoT3D and SS.

There's never been so many Zelda games releasing this close together, if anything!

The console is now out for two and a half years with no new Zelda game yes it was abandoned like Metroid.

The console is now out for two and a half years with no new Zelda game yes it was abandoned like Metroid.

Zelda is not abandoned. There is a new Wii U game coming. Just because we did not get a release date or see more of it does not change a thing.

Quit the hyperbole.

Hyperbole? I disagree with the franchise being abandoned, but console wise it sure feels like it was. Hope NX delivers as a console because the rest so far has been weaksauce at best.

Zelda is not abandoned. There is a new Wii U game coming. Just because we did not get a release date or see more of it does not change a thing.

Quit the hyperbole.

We should have a release date.. 1st party titles are the only thing keeping the Wii U afloat... Give us Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, Mario Kart, Smash, Donkey Kong, etc.. and it's owners will generally be happy.. Nintendo doesn't need a massive library, they just need to deliver what they are good at.

I originally bought my Wii U for Zelda as it was expected to come out earlier in this year I believe. I'm having great fun with it but i'd never buy a 3rd party game for it when I can get those games on another console with better graphics and probably better online experience.. they need to keep their A+ titles coming to keep people interested.

We should have a release date.. 1st party titles are the only thing keeping the Wii U afloat... Give us Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, Mario Kart, Smash, Donkey Kong, etc.. and it's owners will generally be happy.. Nintendo doesn't need a massive library, they just need to deliver what they are good at.

I originally bought my Wii U for Zelda as it was expected to come out earlier in this year I believe. I'm having great fun with it but i'd never buy a 3rd party game for it when I can get those games on another console with better graphics and probably better online experience.. they need to keep their A+ titles coming to keep people interested.

so you'd rather them rush the games and them be sub par?

I'll use Zelda for an example. in the last update a few months ago they said they wouldn't show Zelda at E3 this year. they also stated that the game most likely won't come out till next year because they've been given free rein of development. they are rolling with their ideas and will release the next Zelda when they feel it is ready and optimal

I personally don't mind waiting if it means the game will be amazing

Mario- check x2.

MK- check.

Smash- check.

DK- check.

Kirby, Pikmin, Luigi U, Toad, Wario, Mario Party- bonus checks.

Starfox, Yoshi and Zelda are all announced and coming- check x3.

Sounds like they're doing just what you wanted and all before you even consider 3DS. The only big name missing from Wii U is Metroid.

I didn't watch it, but if they didn't show their baby at E3 that's a massive failure.

E3 is the mother of all "Show us what you have coming"

For them not to show Zelda (their baby) at E3 ... dunno what to say.

Even if its not going to be ready for a while you still need to give your customers hope and a reason to continue to purchase your System, not run away from you!

• Like 2

I didn't watch it, but if they didn't show their baby at E3 that's a massive failure.

E3 is the mother of all "Show us what you have coming"

For them not to show Zelda (their baby) at E3 ... dunno what to say.

Even if its not going to be ready for a while you still need to give your customers hope and a reason to continue to purchase your System, not run away from you!

Uh, as mentioned before, there's plenty of Zelda (their baby) for you to play in this generation of consoles/handhelds:

3DS:

Some Co-op one that uses A Link Between Worlds engine

Hyrule Warriors 3DS

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords: Anniversary Edition

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Wii U:

Hyrule Warriors

The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD

I highly doubt you've played all of these yet, so get playing and be patience for the other 2016 Zelda release. :p

• Like 1

Uh, as mentioned before, there's plenty of Zelda (their baby) for you to play in this generation of consoles/handhelds:

3DS:

Hyrule Warriors 3DS

Wii U:

Hyrule Warriors

I highly doubt you've played all these yet, so get playing and be patience for the other 2016 Zelda release. :p

Already passed Windwaker, one of my favorites!

Quit the hyperbole.

Perhaps Microsoft should delay Halo 5 for 2 and a half years for the xbox one, that will turn out well...

Im not trolling you ive got a legend of Zelda WiiU but how the hell anyone can defend Nintendo is beyond me, Its so incredibly simple to create a great Nintendo console.

• The GPU doesn't matter
  • The game pad doesn't matter
  • The gimmicky addons they don't  matter either.

What Nintendo have over Sony and Microsoft is their two star series Zelda & Metroid... They matter and they should come before all else. How the hell

Hyrule Warriors

:rofl: too funny! I guess we don't need a new Metroid game because Samus was in SSBM4 that and the hd port of the windwaker are the only reason this console isn't another dreamcast.

Mario- check x2.

MK- check.

Smash- check.

DK- check.

Kirby, Pikmin, Luigi U, Toad, Wario, Mario Party- bonus checks.

Starfox, Yoshi and Zelda are all announced and coming- check x3.

Sounds like they're doing just what you wanted and all before you even consider 3DS. The only big name missing from Wii U is Metroid.

Amiibos that everyone wants that only 25% of the people will get at RRP, check :p

• Like 1

3DS:

Hyrule Warriors 3DS

Wii U:

Hyrule Warriors

I highly doubt you've played all of these yet, so get playing and be patience for the other 2016 Zelda release. :p

Nah man, totally abandoned! Unless they announce a new entry every day, I refuse to believe the series is alive and kicking!

Perhaps Microsoft should delay Halo 5 for 2 and a half years for the xbox one, that will turn out well...

I wish! Maybe we'll get a working game by the end of it :laugh::p

Also, when the hell did Zelda or Metroid become Nintendo's baby? It has and always will be Mario.

Already passed Windwaker, one of my favorites!

Well then, you've still got a lot of catching up to do.

Nah man, totally abandoned! Unless they announce a new entry every day, I refuse to believe the series is alive and kicking!

It's almost like the other games don't exist. :p

:rofl: too funny! I guess we don't need a new Metroid game because Samus was in SSBM4 that and the hd port of the windwaker are the only reason this console isn't another dreamcast.

Smash Bros is different. Hyrule Warriors is considered a spin-off, whereas Smash Bros is not.

Im not trolling you ive got a legend of Zelda WiiU but how the hell anyone can defend Nintendo is beyond me, Its so incredibly simple to create a great Nintendo console.

That's the problem with the Wii U.

I love my Wii U but dear god Nintendo needs to work on some stuff.

1. Don't launch a new console without the core set of games for it. Sony and Microsoft can get away with it, but not Nintendo. Imagine what the launch would have been if in 2012 Nintendo showed off Mario Kart 8, Zelda: The Wind Waker, mario 3d world. The only nintendo games that came with it were super mario bros and nintendoland. Sure it launched with quite a few third party games, but none of them were new...most people who would have wanted to play those games would have already played them on the PC/360/PS3.

2. Don't announce a game, build up a massive amount of hype about it and then keep quiet about it for the next year. Yes I am talking about you Legend of Zelda. Holy ###### when Nintendo showed that game off at E3 2013 it was mindblowing. Then the info tricked down and Nintendo said they weren't looking for a 2015 release anymore. Ok thats fine, stuff gets delayed...but then they stayed completely silent about it for months. Literally nothing new except for "we're still working on it." It looks like an amazing game and I've had it on pre-order since it was announced last year, but the hype is dying down and big time... Nintendo needs these games to keep Wii U sales up and they need to keep reminding gamers whats waiting for them should they choose the Wii U.

3. Listen to your customers. They love you, they love your games. Hell the Nintendo and Wii U subreddits are generally some of the most positive gaming subreddits on Reddit (sure its not the greatest example but still). It literally did a complete 180 degree turn, and got completely negative in a matter of minutes. People want Animal Crossing, not what you showed. People want paper mario, yet again not what you showed. People want a new mario game, not the mario tennis that you showed. People want a metroid game, yet again not what you showed.

4. Maybe think of running two Nintendo digital events? Do the consoles one day, do the handhelds another day. That way you give each device the attention they deserve. Last year the 3DS took a slight backseat, this year the Wii U took a major backseat.

But the best thing announced at E3????

7Z9LIa5.png

THAT IS AN ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS AMAZING AWESOME BOX. PLUS THE BOOK IS SO COOL!

• Like 2