Amazon posts new 1TB Xbox One with new controller for $399.99.

TBH, I think 1TB on those consoles is still a little bit on the low side. The Xbox One may have external drive support, but that requires an additional external drive that one either has or needs to purchase separately.

They should have just made it 2TB and why not let it remain at $349 for the new 1TB model (and drop the 500GB one to $300 for the remainder of its stock)?

It's asking for trouble if Sony does it with their 1TB model and announces a pricedrop at the same time.

TBH, I think 1TB on those consoles is still a little bit on the low side. The Xbox One may have external drive support, but that requires an additional external drive that one either has or needs to purchase separately.

They should have just made it 2TB and why not let it remain at $349 for the new 1TB model (and drop the 500GB one to $300 for the remainder of its stock)?

It's asking for trouble if Sony does it with their 1TB model and announces a pricedrop at the same time.

The 500GB at $349 is probably as low as they're willing to go, the 1TB model will drop from $399 after the older models are out of stock I'm sure.  As for a 2TB, I agree they should've done one of those, maybe for $429.  Sure it'd be more than the PS4s 1TB, which will probably be $399 as well, but $30 for that extra 1TB of space doesn't sound bad.

Amazon link goes nowhere. Is this one also the SKU with the 3.5mm headphone jack in the controller?

If all you're storing is games you'd think 1TB would be enough. My Steam folder is only around 385GBs and I have about 40 games installed, very few of which are indie or smaller titles. Hitman Absolution, Tomb Raider, Revengenance, Metro, Metro Last Light, Valkyria Chronicles, 2 Witchers, etc.

Even if every game was 40 gigs, which they ain't, you could store 25 of them.

Smart move to finally crank up the internal HDD space.

I already have a WD 4TB external hooked up to my One.

All of my games reside on the external, while the apps jut stay on the internal.

I already have a ton of games (probably around 30 or so) and only taken up 17% space

Amazon link goes nowhere. Is this one also the SKU with the 3.5mm headphone jack in the controller?

If all you're storing is games you'd think 1TB would be enough. My Steam folder is only around 385GBs and I have about 40 games installed, very few of which are indie or smaller titles. Hitman Absolution, Tomb Raider, Revengenance, Metro, Metro Last Light, Valkyria Chronicles, 2 Witchers, etc.

Even if every game was 40 gigs, which they ain't, you could store 25 of them.

My Steam folder is well over 1TB.  I had a 1TB drive strictly for Steam at one point along with my primary SSD for everything else.  I had to move to a 2TB a while back.  Not sure exactly how many games.  I think 70+.  Of course I "could" uninstall a few, but what's the point?  Some I don't play, my daughter does.  And if using multiple account on the same machine, you'll need more space as well.  She has games I don't.  With Family Sharing or whatever, it helps.

Now that I have 200Mb internet, it's not quite as necessary, as I can get games quicker if I decided to play them, but some people, especially where I live, still have slow connections.  Pretty rural and no cable companies.  Even hard to get DSL if too far out of town.

I don't keep games installed once I'm done with them, since I rarely replace things, specially the games that I've spent 60+hrs on, I'm always moving on to the next game. 

My Steam folder is well over 1TB.  I had a 1TB drive strictly for Steam at one point along with my primary SSD for everything else.  I had to move to a 2TB a while back.  Not sure exactly how many games.  I think 70+.  Of course I "could" uninstall a few, but what's the point?  Some I don't play, my daughter does.  And if using multiple account on the same machine, you'll need more space as well.  She has games I don't.  With Family Sharing or whatever, it helps.

Now that I have 200Mb internet, it's not quite as necessary, as I can get games quicker if I decided to play them, but some people, especially where I live, still have slow connections.  Pretty rural and no cable companies.  Even hard to get DSL if too far out of town.

The point about multiple users is fair. I am the only one who uses my systems so I don't always consider that.

Although, I would argue that if you are dealing with a sub par connection you are probably buying a lot of physical copies of your games which means you can uninstall or reinstall them as needed.

I really don't know why anyone thinks making their electronics have gloss finishes is a good idea. Maybe it looks good in product shots, marketing, and advertising or something.

I really don't know why anyone thinks making their electronics have gloss finishes is a good idea. Maybe it looks good in product shots, marketing, and advertising or something.

I like glossy products, although I understand why some don't.

I absolutely hate the two-tone finish the X1 and PS4 have though. From MN's video, it looks like the fan side was still glossy :/ Maybe just bad lighting.

I absolutely hate the two-tone finish the X1 and PS4 have though. From MN's video, it looks like the fan side was still glossy :/ Maybe just bad lighting.

The ONLY reason I'd bite is if my Mom places the order - she's a Prime member, therefore FREE SHIPPING.

Heathen!

They can look swish but the buggers scratch themselves. Two-tone is stupid, make it all one or the other. However when it is all glossy it can get into a right state (see early PS3s these days). I get far more impressed with seeing small units that can be created than their materials, the slim PS2 was a masterpiece in hardware for its time.

1TB should have been what these consoles launched with, finally it's here. I don't see Sony undercutting MS' pricing, they're all about staying in the black these days, so this should be an okay price for MS to start with.