Cop Under Investigation After Manhandling Pool Party Teen

Keyword: "i". They can't contradict with what I feel. They may feel different about it, but they can not say how I perceive the situation.

Ah, but they, unlike you, were there.  That would tend to make their opinion one based on the actual events rather than a potentially distorting video, and therefore far superior to anyone else's.

Ah, but they, unlike you, were there.  That would tend to make their opinion one based on the actual events rather than a potentially distorting video, and therefore far superior to anyone else's.

Since when has being there always been needed or required to make a decision on who was right and who was wrong and to get all the evidence in situations like this?  Yes, it helps sometimes, but not required, and sometimes it does not help at all.  People lie, people see different things and the facts get distorted.  The case of Michael Brown shows us this.

Since when has being there always been needed or required to make a decision on who was right and who was wrong and to get all the evidence in situations like this?  Yes, it helps sometimes, but not required, and sometimes it does not help at all.  People lie, people see different things and the facts get distorted.  The case of Michael Brown shows us this.

The captain wasn't there, and he made the same conclusions too, hence the officer being suspended. You're really reaching now if you're gonna give that cop a pass even when his own colleagues AND commanding officer say he was out of line.

• Like 3

Instead of using firearms, why not use the taser gun? They are not fighting with violent criminals. They are just a bunch of teens.

Teens commit a large percentage of the murders.

The captain wasn't there, and he made the same conclusions too, hence the officer being suspended. You're really reaching now if you're gonna give that cop a pass even when his own colleagues AND commanding officer say he was out of line.

Where am I saying I am giving the guy a pass?  I made a comment about what you said.  If fact, I said earlier that he was to rough and was acting crazy.  Stop reading things that are not there.

And there are comments from others in the field saying the cop did not do anything wrong either.  Why there are investigations.  People will be questions, facts gathered.  Like what always happens.

The problem is that the officer was extremely aggressive, confrontational and disrespectful. One does not command respect simply by wearing the uniform - it comes from one's actions. He treated everybody with contempt. The officer had absolutely no control over the situation and was running around like a headless chicken. Things got out of hand as a direct result of his confrontational demeanour. The fact he drew his weapon is absolutely ridiculous and you could tell he was close to losing it and shooting someone. The other officers saw that and tried to prevent it.

I cannot believe that anyone can look at that video and think the behaviour of the officer was reasonable, proportionate or professional. This officer WILL kill someone if he continues to behave that way - it's only a matter of time. If anybody not wearing a uniform acted that way they'd be in jail. He's a thug, plain and simple.

Actually that is exactly what the uniform means.  You have no choice but to respect what he says right or wrong.

Where am I saying I am giving the guy a pass?  I made a comment about what you said.  If fact, I said earlier that he was to rough and was acting crazy.  Stop reading things that are not there.

And there are comments from others in the field saying the cop did not do anything wrong either.  Why there are investigations.  People will be questions, facts gathered.  Like what always happens.

My apologies if I misunderstood you. Your wording gave me the impression that you supported the cops actions. If this is not the case, then sorry.

Watched the video. Makes my blood boil. Absolutely disgusting as usual. That's not how you treat a middle-school age girl.

It seems only some people have basic civil rights in the eyes of police. The fascist trends of the police in this country in the last two years have been very disturbing.

• Like 1

Actually that is exactly what the uniform means.  You have no choice but to respect what he says right or wrong.  (<-surely you mean "comply with what he says" E.J.)

:rolleyes:

so according to you, any cop (or , really, anyone with high quality fake uniform) can blast into a bank with two automatic weapons (one in each hand) shouting for everyone to get face down on the ground,

and the manager to get the safe open, and everyone should just "respect" him ? no one should doubt his actions, because, hey - uniform!

i know i am slightly exaggerating here, but so are you, it seems.

don't be ridiculous.  if the cop is not right, you clearly should not "respect" what he says.  and he should not continue to act like that.

otherwise we will have even more out of control cops.

there are some corrupt cops, and some unstable cops, that should not be on the force.  and "respecting" their wrongs is plain wrong.

this video got one of them out in public sight, and now he is under investigation. so some good came out of it.  maybe other cops will think more.

• Like 2

Watched the video. Makes my blood boil. Absolutely disgusting as usual. That's not how you treat a middle-school age girl.

It seems only some people have basic civil rights in the eyes of police. The fascist trends of the police in this country in the last two years have been very disturbing.

Whoa. :o I'm shocked that someone feels nearly identical to how I feel.

Actually that is exactly what the uniform means.  You have no choice but to respect what he says right or wrong.

Not a all. And thinking like this is part of the problem imo.

The uniform means he's there to enforce the law. He works for you and is paid by you. He is not the law he represents it. At all time a police officer should to be right. It's his job to be right. It's why YOU pay him. **** happens we are humans and it's understandable we all do mistakes. But a police officer can't willingly give you an order he knows is against the limits he needs to work within in a particular case. Those limits are not the same as you and me and will vary depending on the case and situation but there's still limits he needs to respect and not cross as much as possible. If you see a police officer beating someone for no reason up to the point the person beaten might die it's your job as a citizen to question his action and even stop him if he is out of his mind.

Thinking the authorities is over the law is the first step in the lost of freedom. It's how you build a dictatorship. The authorities are voted by the people and paid by the people to represent and protect them.

In this particular case i think the police officer crossed a line with the girl. Things looked relatively under control before he went on a rampage. One of the other police officer was calmly talking with the kids when things got chaotic. It's not enough to be fired imo but certainly enough to question his actions and motive and give him a serious warning and possibly even some extra training.

• Like 1

I know someone who lives in Craig Ranch, and this isnt the 1st time they have had problems with people from the other side of town coming to their private pool.

There is a pattern across the country for many blacks to completely ignore, and talk back to any cop.
No respect at all for any authority.  In fact, its OK to kill them... just cuz.

I would be furious if I lived in this area, and saw this - those kids have ZERO business there - NONE.

BUT, that cop was obviously power mad (and a jackass), and shouldn't have treated a 14 year old girl like that

I think he could have handled the situation differently, but I do work with a bunch (as in approx. 130) of children (4-12) from Lebanon, PA, and the sass they give staff can drive you crazy. I can only imagine it would get worse by the time they're teenagers. E.g. One boy was hitting another, so I held his arm. "KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF ME!" Erm, excuse me? I am in charge here, not you. I can understand the officer's frustration.

I think he could have handled the situation differently, but I do work with a bunch (as in approx. 130) of children (4-12) from Lebanon, PA, and the sass they give staff can drive you crazy. I can only imagine it would get worse by the time they're teenagers. E.g. One boy was hitting another, so I held his arm. "KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF ME!" I can understand the officer's frustration.

Oh hell yeah - the media isnt going to mention all the crap those kids were saying/doing -

I know someone who lives in Craig Ranch, and this isnt the 1st time they have had problems with people from the other side of town coming to their private pool.

There is a pattern across the country for many blacks to completely ignore, and talk back to any cop.

I would be furious if I lived in this area, and saw this - those kids have ZERO business there - NONE.

BUT, that cop was obviously power mad (and a jackass), and shouldn't have treated a 14 year old girl like that

See everything you said is true, and you wont find me defending the terrible disrespect cops receive on a daily basis, but they are the bigger person, both in authority held and in the standard we hold them too. I always loved this video for example.

I think he could have handled the situation differently, but I do work with a bunch (as in approx. 130) of children (4-12) from Lebanon, PA, and the sass they give staff can drive you crazy. I can only imagine it would get worse by the time they're teenagers. E.g. One boy was hitting another, so I held his arm. "KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF ME!" Erm, excuse me? I am in charge here, not you. I can understand the officer's frustration.

Children being 'sassy' isn't an excuse to draw a gun on them. If the officer hadn't gone charging around like Rambo then the situation wouldn't have got out of control. If I was one of the kids and saw an out of control officer assaulting one of my friends I'd want to try to help them - that's just human decency. Wearing a uniform is no excuse for what he did.

Finally managed to watch a video, my thoughts are pretty simple

The cop was heavy handed, end of. HOWEVER from what I could see there are three cops and what could be hundreds of kids there. It was a situation he was struggling to control, something he seemed to be very on his own doing. The other two were not often in shot so it's hard to know what they were dealing with but he was way out of his depth in what he did have to handle IMO.

There were far too many kids ignoring what he was asking them to do.

I think he let his temper get the better of him and he's probably now going to suffer during this investigation because of that but I do feel a degree of sympathy for him. I can imagine how hard it would have been to keep your cool. 

Oh hell yeah - the media isnt going to mention all the crap those kids were saying/doing -

Well,

According to 19-year-old community member Tatiana, who put together the event to celebrate the end of the school year, several white people at the pool hurled racial slurs at her friends, calling one a

~

Children being 'sassy' isn't an excuse to draw a gun on them. If the officer hadn't gone charging around like Rambo then the situation wouldn't have got out of control. If I was one of the kids and saw an out of control officer assaulting one of my friends I'd want to try to help them - that's just human decency. Wearing a uniform is no excuse for what he did.

Read my post again. I said I think he should have handled it differently. But the bottom line is the kids were not cooperating like they were supposed to. It's also human decency to obey the police officer. And I said nothing about a uniform. Do you have comprehension problems?

Nope, I'm with you in that, the uniform is the very reason he shouldn't have pulled it but I suspect for a brief moment with the others rushing in he felt panicked and in danger - training told him to pull it however in his defence, at least it was never raised in any form of anger and the other cops where there to "calm" the situation in seconds.

If half those kids had moved on like they were told, none of this would have ever happened. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this one girl or the kid that got dragged back looked like he had taken a blow (blood in his mouth)  deserved it.

It just seems like a common trend in these threads - if you comply in the first place, this could have been avoided.

The cop was heavy handed, end of. HOWEVER from what I could see there are three cops and what could be hundreds of kids there. It was a situation he was struggling to control, something he seemed to be very on his own doing. The other two were not often in shot so it's hard to know what they were dealing with but he was way out of his depth in what he did have to handle IMO.

If he couldn't handle it alone he should have waited for backup or asked for assistance from the other officers. Instead he starts throwing about a teenage girl, which agitated the crowd - they wanted to protect her, which was completely understandable. That's what caused all the teens to gather around, at which point he panicked and drew his weapon. The situation wasn't out of control until he made it so.

If half those kids had moved on like they were told, none of this would have ever happened. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this one girl or the kid that got dragged back looked like he had taken a blow (blood in his mouth)  deserved it.

It just seems like a common trend in these threads - if you comply in the first place, this could have been avoided.

Yes, but police can't control other people's actions - they can only control their own. If he had acted calmly and with restraint this situation would not have happened. It works both ways. But let's be serious here, we're talking about children. He's supposed to be the grown-up.

~

If he couldn't handle it alone he should have waited for backup or asked for assistance from the other officers. Instead he starts throwing about a teenage girl, which agitated the crowd - they wanted to protect her, which was completely understandable. That's what caused all the teens to gather around, at which point he panicked and drew his weapon. The situation wasn't out of control until he made it so.

Yes, but police can't control other people's actions - they can only control their own. If he had acted calmly and with restraint this situation would not have happened. It works both ways. But let's be serious here, we're talking about children. He's supposed to be the grown-up.

The point is the situation could have been completely avoided if they would simply. have. obeyed. Let's say the police knew that.. I dunno, an escaped convict :) was hiding around there. They tell everyone to clear out, but don't want to tell them why to avoid any panic. And there stands this girl, mouthing off. I realize that wasn't the case here, but the point is you do what the police say. Period. She didn't have to tell him she didn't do anything wrong. He didn't accuse her. His request was entirely reasonable.

I can see your point and part of me agrees with it, but I guess ultimately we just see this slightly different. I see this as disobedient kids cause Officer to lose control of a situation. 

I think we can both agree whatever, he handled it wrong and I'm sure appropriate action will be taken against him. I think I'd just be a little more lenient than you :)

I'll admit that todays kids are being treated respect because of what the parents DIDN'T do to teach their kids 10 years ago. however, on the flip side, some cops lose their minds and over do the use of force. I hate to say it but, this is playing into Obama's hand perfectly. he's strapping up the cop shands on one side and allowing for civil unrest to enforce his personal agenda of tighening up and creating civil unrest.

this is all a game plan. Baltimore is a prime example, mayor says, let them destroy the city... but now she's seeking federal funding to fix the mess she was responsible for.

I'm glad I live out west in a rural area.

here's an article confirmed by the CIA contractor

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2015/06/09/414999/US-POLICE-BRUTALITY-BLACK-PEOPLE-AFRICAN-aMERICANS

The United States police departments do not employ relatively intelligent people so that they cannot act compassionately and logically when encountering criminals, says former CIA contractor Steven Kelley.