Seems legit wifi 3D tracking

article link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbFZPPC7REc

doesn't seem conspiracy but seems like a legit threat if in fact it is to be used to track people who don't even own gadgets.

-Chrisj1968

Isn't this just echolocation using wireless signals rather than sound?

I'm not sure I see where you're getting the threat idea from. While it could be used for surveillance it doesn't really serve any purpose for information other than tracking someone's location nearby. On the other hand, there are plenty of more useful applications for such a technology like the video points out.

Isn't this just echolocation using wireless signals rather than sound?

I'm not sure I see where you're getting the threat idea from. While it could be used for surveillance it doesn't really serve any purpose for information other than tracking someone's location nearby. On the other hand, there are plenty of more useful applications for such a technology like the video points out.

basically, also not really new, and requires you to calibrate the system for the environment before it's useful.  So it's not like the NSA can just drop this outside your apartment and track you inside, also I doubt it work very well as you add more people inside the area or especially crowds. 

I think the gyst or jist of the idea is you can be tracked without a cellphone or other device through your walls. now, if it were for simple turning off lights I'd agree with you Nick 100%

But somehow in the US the powers that be always want to weaponize or use technologies to spy on people. some for good uses some for nafarious uses

like radar to see insinde trucks

article-1388125-0C1F918500000578-525_634 

this is for good against illegal immigrants. but what if you are using a uhaul to move your family? that's a bit much. But switzerland was a more intelligent nation in my opinion ;)

basically, also not really new, and requires you to calibrate the system for the environment before it's useful.  So it's not like the NSA can just drop this outside your apartment and track you inside, also I doubt it work very well as you add more people inside the area or especially crowds. 

believe me, the US would R&D so that this tech could be used from a van outside your home. it was recently that the US government admitted to snooping and spying on Americans. they're NOT spying on the radical muslims but normal people.

believe me, the US would R&D so that this tech could be used from a van outside your home. it was recently that the US government admitted to snooping and spying on Americans. they're NOT spying on the radical muslims but normal people.

There are better and easier ways to track people through walls already today. 

from the video however, the wifi freq. was able to follow where that guy walked through a room. a persons home is supposed to be a safe place. now I feel like I live in a pseudo USSR. at any rate, I've always been about freedoms and liberty.

and again, the system would need to be onsite calibrated for your house with someone walking around at known locations, inside. 

after that, most likely multiple people would screw up the calibration f the system, if it could even handle it. on top of that, your own wifi router would effectively jam their system with a far stronger signal, and completely breaking all calibration. 

There are systems that should worry you far more than this, systems that are easier and can track you just as well. Also thinking that you where ever more "free" than people in the USSR in the US, that's just a belief, you'r being tracked in everything you do everywhere by multiple non secret and secret "police" agencies, and carnivore and Echelon as been tracking recording and indexing you every call and message for decades. The old USSR only wishes it had the kind of control of it's citizens than the US does.