'Black' NAACP Leader outed as white woman

I don't see the problem. NAACP stands for "the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People." So if you want for the advancement of "colored people," you have to be one? That's kind of racist. Do you have to be gay to support gay marriage?

I read elsewhere that her parents adopted two black children. So she grew up with black kids living in her home, and their issues became her issues as their sister. I don't see this as any different than taking up for cancer research because cancer killed your kin. Minority issues really are all our issues, and I think there's nothing wrong with people outside afflicted and persecuted groups taking up their cause alongside them.

All that said, I don't think the NAACP needs to exist any more. I believe they are in the business of creating racial tension and maintaining a racial divide in the United States.

I don't see the problem. NAACP stands for "the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People." So if you want for the advancement of "colored people," you have to be one? That's kind of racist. Do you have to be gay to support gay marriage?

I read elsewhere that her parents adopted two black children. So she grew up with black kids living in her home, and their issues became her issues as their sister. I don't see this as any different than taking up for cancer research because cancer killed your kin. Minority issues really are all our issues, and I think there's nothing wrong with people outside afflicted and persecuted groups taking up their cause alongside them.

All that said, I don't think the NAACP needs to exist any more. I believe they are in the business of creating racial tension and maintaining a racial divide in the United States.

The issue isn't really about her being white in the organization. I see 3 main issues, one of which is not really about her

1.) She lied and given the fact that she gained benefits from it, means she committed fraud.

2.) Her stories about her life are all victim stories with one incident being questionable as to if it was real or made up. Her lying about her race also cuts the credibility of the stories as well.

3.) Black Face

I think for an organization such as NAACP always race baiting is that they are turning a blind eye to Black Face that they would crucify any other whites over it. There are words for this that NAACP and other Progressive groups use for this, cultural appropriation and microaggressions. College kids wearing sombrero hats and dressing up at parties are having to apologize for offending latino or black cultures. But this woman gets a pass?

• Like 2

I wouldn't say today's NAACP is racist, they are just out of touch IMO.  They focus so much on the "man" keeping colored people down and how the system (police, courts, etc.) are keeping colored people down that they ignore the number one problem in the black community.  Black on black crime, which you are pretty much guaranteed to be a victim of at some point in your lifetime, if not multiple times, rather than being shot or even stopped by the police.  The destruction of the black family unit, where every parent is seemingly single and most of those are women.  You have to tackle the issues in your own "house" before you can start pointing fingers at others for holding you down.

XX Oooh! One more wrong answer and the Johnsons will have a chance to steal.

In my NAAWASP group (Nat'l Assoc for the Advancement of White Anglo-Saxon People - we will pick the correct person to spearhead our campaign.  We have narrowed it down to 2 candidates: David Duke, and Bo & Luke Duke.  (the latter counts as 1 as they share the same brain apparently)

In my NAAWASP group (Nat'l Assoc for the Advancement of White Anglo-Saxon People - we will pick the correct person to spearhead our campaign.  We have narrowed it down to 2 candidates: David Duke, and Bo & Luke Duke.  (the latter counts as 1 as they share the same brain apparently)

You think I'm gonna support some moonshinin' hillbillies?! Nope. Give me David Duke. Wait.

Back in high school, I read about people who have African American parents, but act like white people so they were considered white.

I don't know why this is such a big issue.

Race and racial identity does not have to align.

Try checking the wrong one off on a govt. job application. At the least you don't get hired. At the worst you do get hired, then something comes up about it and some Federal prosecutor decides to prosecute for falsifying federal documents.

Acting white if you're black or acting black if you're white doesn't change your race. Race doesn't determine behavior or culture. There's obviously a connection between race and culture but they are not hard linked. There's plenty of people who like what race they are but are more into a foreign culture.

Words like Uncle Tom is what comes out of thinking races are determined by behavior.

Acting white if you're black or acting black if you're white doesn't change your race. Race doesn't determine behavior or culture. There's obviously a connection between race and culture but they are not hard linked. There's plenty of people who like what race they are but are more into a foreign culture.

Words like Uncle Tom is what comes out of thinking races are determined by behavior.

Does acting and feeling like a woman when you have a penis and no breasts also exclusively make you a man then ?

Does acting and feeling like a woman when you have a penis and no breasts also exclusively make you a man then ?

Well outwardly of course they are a man, but there's evidence of their brain acting in a more female way so if they wanna change their body go ahead. Transgender being real at least makes sense. Every fetus can become either a man or woman so not developing completely into one or the other doesn't sound so farfetched. Everyone's heard of hermaphrodites. A white couples fetus at no point could of been black. It would open a huge can of worms if people start saying behavior is hard wired into race.

There are differences between "sex" and "gender".

Science can determine your sex, but not your gender.

the point being, this woman misrepresents herself period.

just because she assumes she "feels" black doesn't make her black. personally I find it disrespectful to black people.

now "identifying" with black people doesn't mean you're black, it just means you sympathise with their cause.

She did this to get a top job. you were born the race you were born with. I think there has to be some sort of psychological issue at play in her mind. she sure displays a lot of narcissism(spelling?). when she was asked during the interview.. she walked off... she has some sort of congnitive issue to the point when she got called out she needed to deflect and leave.

just from observation. wish we had a psychologist around here though.

If society respects the right of individuals to identify with the gender of their choice (transgenderism) then why should that not apply to race also? I don't see any problem with her identifying as black. By all accounts nobody even suspected she wasn't black, so for all intents and purposes she is black.

I consider self-identification and self-expression to be fundamental human rights. If she considers herself black then that's good enough for me.

If society respects the right of individuals to identify with the gender of their choice (transgenderism) then why should that not apply to race also? I don't see any problem with her identifying as black. By all accounts nobody even suspected she wasn't black, so for all intents and purposes she is black.

I consider self-identification and self-expression to be fundamental human rights. If she considers herself black then that's good enough for me.

What a surprise! Of course you don't have a problems with this, they are pushing a wrongheaded agenda you support!! 

Would you still say the same thing had this been a conservative based group? No need to answer, your answer is all over this forum 

So what's new? Abolitionists where white. John Brown whose family died starting the Civil War to end slavery was white. The Underground Railroad for which Harriet Tubman is famous for, would have had nowhere to go if it weren't for whites of exceptional character and unwavering moral fiber. Slavery, racism, discrimination, have never been about color. It's always been about power, money, ######, and right & wrong.

She's not black, and she doesn't and never needed to be. Unfortunately, not all black people have come to comprehend the paragraph above and she may have felt she needed to be black to be accepted by them. Truly unfortunate and somewhat ironic.

on subject of slavery,  I recall irish were slaves too.

The issue is, she lied. she lied about her race. that there crushed and demolished her credibility.

so if she came out and said she was caucasin and sympathised with the black community, no harm, no foul.

we didn't come from Africa. (this is a biblical issue, so I'll leave it at that). But this stinks of a woman with some sort of mental issue(s).

as for slavery, it was the GOP who got slavery abolished and the democratic party was dead set against that. they were slave owners and this was a danger to their way of life.

She reminds me of my ex wife, she loved to embellish stories and make up stories of grandjuer. her 15 minutes of fame will not be of the good type.

added later: she is being investigated for flasifying city documents or documents 

• Like 3

There's something very wrong with the way a race is identified with a cultural identity - that somehow a person with a darker skin color is identified as having a different distinct cultural identity than a person with a lighter skin color. 

Cultural identity is a social construct that is separate from racial identity.

This is a white woman who has an African American cultural identity. It is hard to express that in a society where a race is automatically associated with a certain cultural identity, hence the reason she identified herself as black.

• Like 3

There's something very wrong with the way a race is identified with a cultural identitie - that somehow a person with a darker skin color is identified as having a different distinct cultural identity than a person with a lighter skin color. 

Cultural identity is a social construct that has nothing to do with race.

This is a white woman who has an African American cultural identity. It is hard to express that in a society where a race is automatically associated with a certain cultural identity, hence the reason she identify herself as black.

So why go the blackface route then? The only logical explanation is she lied to get ahead  

So why go the blackface route then? The only logical explanation is she lied to get ahead  

Like I said, because racial identity has been incorrectly linked to cultural identity.

• Like 1

This is a white woman who has an African American cultural identity. It is hard to express that in a society where a race is automatically associated with a certain cultural identity, hence the reason she identified herself as black.

Its pretty easy, though. You just say "I identify with black culture."