'Black' NAACP Leader outed as white woman

A white couples fetus at no point could of been black. It would open a huge can of worms if people start saying behavior is hard wired into race.

I don't think you understand genetics very well... :p

I'm not sure how anyone ever thought she was black to begin with. I could believe she has some black genes but no way either of her parents were. There's more differences to black and white looks besides skin color and hair.

Because people were probably to scared to point this out in case of the PC brigade lynch mob.

Because people were probably to scared to point this out in case of the PC brigade lynch mob.

As in The Emperor's New Clothes, but without enough melanin. Tanning pills, maybe.

• Like 1

I see lots of people complaining that she lied, but no one going "Duh, maybe we should have, y'know, LOOKED!". :p

Besides, as others have said, what does the colour of her skin have to do with the job she was doing?

In some circstances posing, as it's called, can be illegal. Such as if she put black on her drivers license, or on a govt. form which would establish affirmative action status.

BTW: she just resigned.

There are people starving to death. There are people still recovering from EarthQuakes. This is just more media distraction bs.  

I'm not sure I understand the controversy here. Race is an artificial human construct. If we're embracing people adjusting their sex like transistors flipping bit states then why are people getting up in arms about this?

After all, what "race test" is there anyway?

Race is far less static as sex, but it is wrong to push back against one flip and not the other?

People rarely are logical it seems.

In some circstances posing, as it's called, can be illegal. Such as if she put black on her drivers license, or on a govt. form which would establish affirmative action status.

BTW: she just resigned.

How so? Officially, Race is self-identified in the US. There is no "race test" to prove "how black" or "how white" someone is...

http://www.census.gov/population/race/about/faq.html

I'm not sure I understand the controversy here. Race is an artificial human construct. If we're embracing people adjusting their sex like transistors flipping bit states then why are people getting up in arms about this?

Race is far less static as sex, but it is wrong to push back against one flip and not the other?

How so? Officially, Race is self-identified in the US. There is no "race test" to prove "how black" or "how white" someone is...

This is the most Pc thing I have read. Race exists, all that is debatable is how much of a person's biology is influenced by it. We know that skeletons have anatomical difference even on a skeletal level, genetic propensity for certain diseases (Asians succumb to diabetes at bmi of 23 with much less fat in their diet, etc). We even have certain drugs that part of the dosing factor is the patients race.

I can't answer as to why the AA / Black community is upset. However what I can say is that  a reason people are upset is because of the lies she has told. She has a falsified identity, lied about her real parents, lied to her husband and son as well as her work place. Thats pretty big

Besides, as others have said, what does the colour of her skin have to do with the job she was doing?

Oh I don't know, maybe because its another white person appropriating black culture to advance their own position?  She has resigned.

You are of course mostly right. But as a practical matter, she's done.

Now, if you want to get scientific about it, prove she's not black. lol. And if you do her DNA, how much black really makes you black. In this country, a drop of black blood makes you black (leftover from slavery), but let's put that to the test.

The bad thing is, her race shouldn't have mattered. This may end up being a good thing. Look at Jessie Jackson, taking Rainbow Coalition Money and paying his mistress' rent with it. Yet this woman, apparently has been doing a fine job.

The best thing that can happen to the descendants of African slaves is for race to dissipate into nothingness. This may move us one step closer to that ... but in the short term, she's done. The AA community should rally to her side, in a lost cause, just to make the proper social statement, but I fear they will not. In fact, they may do the opposite which will be quite sad.

• Like 1

Oh I don't know, maybe because its another white person appropriating black culture to advance their own position?  She has resigned.

What does NAACP have to do with black people?  It's an organisation for "People of Colour".  That means it should also include red, yellow, brown, olive AND white skinned people, too. We're ALL people of colour.

• Like 2

What does NAACP have to do with black people?  It's an organisation for "People of Colour".  That means it should also include red, yellow, brown, olive AND white skinned people, too. We're ALL people of colour.

It has evolved into what you say, but the CP is for Colored People, which is a term used for American descendants of African Slaves during the Civil right era. To answer you original question, additionally, given the information on hand, she lied.

There are many ideological points to be made, but we live in a practical world where there is an expectation of a minimal amount of common sense. Or rather, I should say, "reasonable."

hat means it should also include red, yellow, brown, olive AND white skinned people, too. We're ALL people of colour.

technically, white is not a colour :p

while i think most could not care less about her heritage, most will have an issue with lies and potentially making up false hate crimes to get personal agenda moving.

otherwise, i agree, who the hell cares about her skin color.

In my NAAWASP group (Nat'l Assoc for the Advancement of White Anglo-Saxon People - we will pick the correct person to spearhead our campaign.  We have narrowed it down to 2 candidates: David Duke, and Bo & Luke Duke.  (the latter counts as 1 as they share the same brain apparently)

I'd go with Bo & Luke. They at least have half a brain each.

Which has nothing to do with her being a deceitful liar and a fraud.

Sure, but quite a few people seem to be getting more het up over her skin colour than her being a liar and a fraud.

technically, white is not a colour :p

Technically, white is every color. A prism demonstrates that.

• Like 2

Technically, white is every color. A prism demonstrates that.

yeah, now that is think about it:

White is the blending of all colours and because of that, technically, it is a colour.  i stand corrected.  it's a mighty colour of ALL colours :p

Black is not a color at all.

So calling colored people black and black people coloured.... :huh::|:s:wacko::(

I can't answer as to why the AA / Black community is upset. However what I can say is that  a reason people are upset is because of the lies she has told. She has a falsified identity, lied about her real parents, lied to her husband and son as well as her work place. Thats pretty big

The issue being discussed by many isn't lies on those lines, but the assertion that she isn't black so she shouldn't be running an NAACP chapter. Yet, there is no "black test"... Nor is there any solid definition of what "Black" is anyway. Thanks to the artificial nature of it all.

Census is one thing, legal ID and govt. program eligibility another. Affirmative action for minorities has benefits and claiming them falsely is fraud.

It would be nice if you cited the "race test" the court applies to determine a person has falsified their race in such cases. Are you suggesting they use a "darkness scale" or a "big lip test" or some other stereotypical "must be black" yardstick to determine how "black" someone is? If such a measure exists, why would the US Census treat it as self-identification instead of applying whatever this standard is to ensure numerical accuracy? After all, the census failing to adhere to legally established standards could lead to severe numerical problems for Congress. Which uses Census numbers, including racial numbers, for various legislative functions and they play a key role in court enforcement of the Civil Rights Act, among other things. Surely, numerical accuracy matters.

You are of course mostly right. But as a practical matter, she's done.

Now, if you want to get scientific about it, prove she's not black. lol. And if you do her DNA, how much black really makes you black. In this country, a drop of black blood makes you black (leftover from slavery), but let's put that to the test.

The bad thing is, her race shouldn't have mattered. This may end up being a good thing. Look at Jessie Jackson, taking Rainbow Coalition Money and paying his mistress' rent with it. Yet this woman, apparently has been doing a fine job.

The best thing that can happen to the descendants of African slaves is for race to dissipate into nothingness. This may move us one step closer to that ... but in the short term, she's done. The AA community should rally to her side, in a lost cause, just to make the proper social statement, but I fear they will not. In fact, they may do the opposite which will be quite sad.

I agree that the AA community should support her claim. As an AA I do support her claim for the reasons I've previously stated.

It would be nice i> you cited the "race test" the court applies to determine a person has falsified their race in such cases. Are you suggesting they use a "darkness scale" or a "big lip test" or some other stereotypical "must be black" yardstick to determine how "black" someone is? If such a measure exists, why would the US Census treat it as self-identification instead of applying whatever this standard is to ensure numerical accuracy?

>

It's based on regional place of family origin and to some degree state generated birth records. The Federal standards were upgraded in 1997 and implemented in the 2000 census. States and employers use the Federal definitions.

Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Statistical Policy Directive 15 Race and Ethnic Standards for Federal Statistics and Administrative Reporting.

Categories and Definitions

The minimum categories for data on race and ethnicity for Federal statistics, program administrative reporting, and civil rights compliance reporting are defined as follows:

American Indian or Alaska Native. A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South America (including Central America), and who maintains tribal affiliation or community attachment.

Asian. A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian subcontinent including, for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and Vietnam.

Black or African American. A person having origins in any of the black racial groups of Africa. Terms such as