Video of rented Lamborghini wrecked in Dallas

North Dallas Tollway is commonly referred to as North Dallas NASCAR - if you are not driving 75 - you will get run over.  Certain parts it is quite common to see some exotics racing down the highway at speeds well over 100mph on the weekends.  This video is North Dallas Tollway @ Royal La - right in the heart of Highland Park, Dallas' wealthiest area.

This video is of a Lamborghini rented by the driver who lost control and slammed into the median.

I am glad it is not the best quality - would not want to see a car get destroyed like that -- dont care about the driver getting mutilated though.

Lately DFW has been the site of many wrecked exotics.

Kid wrecks his McLaren P1 2 hours after getting it.
This moron wrecks a rented Lambo
2 guys leaving cars & coffee the other day hit each other  - 1 was a McLaren MP4, the other an Aston Martin Vantage (I was there)

Well that sucks. (S)he's financially ruined.

Doubtful. That is what insurance is for.

ohh come one, with insurance write off this big, he will not be able to insure another expensive cars for a while.

fool me once, shame on you , but the insurance companies wont be fooled again :p

ohh come one, with insurance write off this big, he will not be able to insure another expensive cars for a while.

fool me once, shame on you , but the insurance companies wont be fooled again :p

Depends on her insurance...

I know my auto insurance will pay the "actual cash value" of any car I own or rent without a limit and includes Accident Forgiveness. So, I could rent this car have the same wreck and walk away with nothing more than a deductible hit and no premium increase (once every 5 years for the Accident Forgiveness)...

Doesn't matter.

His accident report will be on his record.

If he wants to get sport car again, his insurance rate may be high than the normal rate. But it was a rental...  He won't be able to own a sport car unless he is very rich and able to get a car and not care about the rates.

If you have a good driving record, you may get a good deal on rates and depends on how old you are and how long you have been driving without an accident.  Rates may be vary in the states.

If the car had a mechanical/technical problem that caused the car to speed and the driver can't slow down, than it's all good that he will be able to rent/own a car, no problem. The insurance can take care of it.

Plus he wrecked sport car and the rental office will inform to all rental offices in world wide about this person. That he won't be able to rent any sport car again.

Depends on her insurance...

I know my auto insurance will pay the "actual cash value" of any car I own or rent without a limit and includes Accident Forgiveness. So, I could rent this car have the same wreck and walk away with nothing more than a deductible hit and no premium increase (once every 5 years for the Accident Forgiveness)...

yeah\, insurances are useful, but do not expect the premium on such car to be anywhere close to yours, and the perks you have a likely to be dependend on the value of your car vs you premium.

you cant seriously expect same bonuses on c-class merc as on a lambo. be serious now.

yeah\, insurances are useful, but do not expect the premium on such car to be anywhere close to yours, and the perks you have a likely to be dependend on the value of your car vs you premium.

you cant seriously expect same bonuses on c-class merc as on a lambo. be serious now.

I checked my policy before making my post... There is no limit on my policy regarding the value of the car. The limit is literally stated as "Actual Cash Value Minus Deductible Shown". The same coverage I have on my Merc is granted on any car I rent as well. So, yes I would get the same coverage I get for the same cost of my C-Class as long as I'm renting the Lambo and didn't own it.

Was it a Lamborghini A"rent"ador?

Once again - Enron gets best post of the internet. :D

Most of the time on exotic rentals - you have to have enough credit-worthiness to be able to buy the car  - not that you will be asked to do so, if wrecked  - just have that kind of ability.

Some will ask for $5000 down, or something similar

As for this person - Unless they are financially capable, you can bet the rental company will be all over them like stink on s**t

Most companies wont even cover an exotic, or something more than, say $200K -

Someone I know :shifty: had to go to a special underwriter to get insurance on his car and it only cost 1/2 that.

Once again - Enron gets best post of the internet. :D

Most of the time on exotic rentals - you have to have enough credit-worthiness to be able to buy the car  - not that you will be asked to do so, if wrecked  - just have that kind of ability.

Some will ask for $5000 down, or something similar

As for this person - Unless they are financially capable, you can bet the rental company will be all over them like stink on s**t

Of course, coverage will vary by company. I am just sharing that my company, Liberty Mutual, doesn't place a dollar limit on what they will pay for a car I rent. My policy says it is the exact same coverage as my normal car which is "Actual Cash Value". So, just pointing out that in my case, and possibly the driver in the video, the financial outlay might be very minimal.

They can do this because it is probably highly unlikely that a Camry driver can afford to rent a Lambo anyway...

But since people seem to not believe me I'll share a screen cap of the relevant parts of my policies... There is no mention of exclusions for "exotic" cars like in the Visa coverage on my Visa Card.

Rental Coverage

Collision Coverage

Might be a good idea to get good insurance before renting something like this...

If you are bored enough to read the two pages of exclusions for my collision coverage I can post that too, but I can assure you it mentioned nothing about dollar limits on the car value or types of rentals excluded that would be applicable here.

Someone I know :shifty: had to go to a special underwriter to get insurance on his car and it only cost 1/2 that.

Owning a high value car and renting one aren't the same things...

Yes, if I owned a Lambo I would have to get special insurance that would probably take a lot of extra work and cost a large amount more... But the video posted is of a rented car, not an owned one.

Edited by LogicalApex

Of course, coverage will vary by company. I am just sharing that my company, Liberty Mutual, doesn't place a dollar limit on what they will pay for a car I rent. My policy says it is the exact same coverage as my normal car which is "Actual Cash Value". So, just pointing out that in my case, and possibly the driver in the video, the financial outlay might be very minimal.

They can do this because it is probably highly unlikely that a Camry driver can afford to rent a Lambo anyway...

But since people seem to not believe me I'll share a screen cap of the relevant parts of my policies... There is no mention of exclusions for "exotic" cars like in the Visa coverage on my Visa Card.

Rental Coverage

Collision Coverage

Owning a high value car and renting one aren't the same things...

Yes, if I owned a Lambo I would have to get special insurance that would probably take a lot of extra work and cost a large amount more... But the video posted is of a rented car, not an owned one.

You brought up something about a car you owned.  I was replying to that.