Send as PDF via Excel 2013

Question

Until last week, in Excel 2013 when you want to share a workbook as a PDF, you could....

File -> Share -> Email -> Send as PDF

A new message window would pop up, you fill it out and send.

Now, since the security updates of last week (I'm assuming), you get an ".ost is in use and cannot be accessed" error message. If you shut down outlook, a message window will show up but none of the autofill email addresses will pop up.

Anyone know of a way to fix this?

post-32959-0-81814700-1434736011.jpg

13 answers to this question

I have reproduced this on multiple machines in our office. Win 7 (64bit) and MS Office 2013 fully updated, including all the optional updates MS has been pushing out lately.

Cutepdf is an option but the user is not very computer literate. He cringed at our workaround for this, which is why I'm trying to see if I can fix it.

Yes, works fine.

Tried this with a 2010 version of Office and it seems to work fine. Seems to be an Office 2013 issue.

Is the email account linked to an Exchange server? If so, I'd start by creating a fresh .ost file [close Outlook, move the original .ost out of it's folder, restart Outlook, get user to sign in - new .ost should be created during sync with server].

Offline Outlook Data File (.ost) info:

https://support.office.com/en-za/article/Introduction-to-Outlook-Data-Files-pst-and-ost-6d4197ec-1304-4b81-a17d-66d4eef30b78#__toc290027730

I use this option several times per day, no problems (latest updates installed). Windows 8.1 and Office 2013.

Is the email account linked to an Exchange server? If so, I'd start by creating a fresh .ost file [close Outlook, move the original .ost out of it's folder, restart Outlook, get user to sign in - new .ost should be created during sync with server].

Offline Outlook Data File (.ost) info:

https://support.office.com/en-za/article/Introduction-to-Outlook-Data-Files-pst-and-ost-6d4197ec-1304-4b81-a17d-66d4eef30b78#__toc290027730

Thanks for the suggestion everyone.... Removed everything but archives but it still did not work.

Try running it in online mode. Considering the error message relates to the ost-file (offline-file), it's worth a shot.

That fixed it.  Who would have thunk. Thanks.