Project Cars for WII U axed

As far as I understand it, the devs couldn't get the game to run above 23 fps. Again, as I understand it, Nintendo demands a minimum of 30 FPS for every game developed for the Wii U.

The devs made the effort, but the hardware was simply lacking. I think it was foolish for them to offer a Wii U version, and perhaps this is an example of the danger of contributing to a project which is in such an early stage.

Respectfully, they aren't customers, they are backers. They use their personal money to back this game. Essentially, they are investors who gambled and lost. Ironically, gamers should appreciate the concept of risk and reward better than others.

Unless you can demonstrate that they are victims of fraud, they are really victims of over-enthusiast capitalism. 

Actually they're not backers, they made that very clearly when they made their crowd funding/investment system before it was shut down for being illegal. Their whole marketing gig was that they where not backers like in kickstarter, and everyone would get something back though only major backer/investors would probably get any significant return, and the game would have to become a lot more successfull than it is for anyone to actually make money. but the profits where to be returned anyway, not kept by the company. 

I don't see how it's surprising news. It was originally intended just for PC, then 360 & PS3, then they decided to do it for next gen consoles, the PS3 and 360 version was canned, not just Wii U. Nintendo are baby consoles as far as I'm concerned, they need to stick with Zelda and Mario, all the overdone ancient crap.

And for those saying they traded Project Cars in after a few days, patch 1.4 is out and it's even better than ever. Ian Bell might come across as arrogant, but he sure listens to feedback, as long as you're nice to him, he's nice to you, I've had tons of nice chats with him. I'll give him one thing, not many studio bosses take the time to sit in forums talking to users. That's nice, and something guys like Volition and Rockstar need to do more.

They've said they'll push the game for Nintendo's next console, codename NX, so just wait and see.

No patch helps with the lack of content in regards to other race and driving sims, not when those other sims also offer at the very least as goos simulation if not better. 

Seriously, did anyone really think the wii u could handle this kinda game....

Well the developer did, and he promised it to his backer/investors, and that's all that matters. 

The WiiU is an excellent console with great hardware, but it's just not suited to games with ultra-realistic graphics.

It doesn't have great hardware, that's the reason for this problem in the first place - the hardware is lacking, even if the graphics were all toned down I don't think the wiiu would be able to cope with a decent AI running in the background either. Not to say that project cars has a decent AI as I've never looked.

It doesn't have great hardware, that's the reason for this problem in the first place - the hardware is lacking, even if the graphics were all toned down I don't think the wiiu would be able to cope with a decent AI running in the background either. Not to say that project cars has a decent AI as I've never looked.

Not having the latest & greatest of what's available doesn't mean the hardware isn't great.  For Ninty's main market, it's perfectly fine.

Hardware and graphics are not what make a game great.

I checked out the actual thread this was taken from, and his comment about not liking nintendo users was clearly meant to be sarcastic.

With that said, it was not the best idea to try and be sarcastic as it could easily be misconstrued as not being sarcastic, this thread being proof of that, so he should have not even attempted to do so, but he definitely was not saying he disliked all nintendo users.

With that said I always personally questioned how they planned to get the game up and running on the WiiU, always sounded really ambitious.

I will also echo the sentiments of others in this thread and say I wound up not liking the game at all. In fact I tried to trade it in just a week after owning it but the trade in value already plummeted to around $23, so out of principle I did not trade it in refusing to take that big of a loss on a game, but it is easily my biggest regret so far in 2015.

• Like 1

No patch helps with the lack of content in regards to other race and driving sims, not when those other sims also offer at the very least as goos simulation if not better.

Lack of content? If by that you mean the cars, then that's how Project Cars is supposed to be. The problem with Forza and Gran Turismo is you get cars thrown at you left right and center that you either won't get round to driving, or don't want, you end up with hundreds of cars!

Project Cars is more about the actual racing than car collection, hence why it actually has more tracks and track variations than other games. There's more coming, there's a car pack out now, and more tracks in the works.

"Oh please do. We really don't want people like you buying our games.

You won't hear this elsewhere, but in the industry we call you 'The 2%'. You represent 2% of the purchases but create 98% of the hassle for developers by well, just what you've stated above. Going on channels to tell everyone 'don't buy this game!!' because you have some personal grief.

Honestly, if your followers are like minded people we could chop a good chunk off of that 2% in one fell swoop. You'd be doing us a great favour."

As unprofessional as that looks I respect him for just coming out and saying it like it is.

That couldn't be more true from what i've seen over the years, totally unrelated to anything to do with gaming. Sadly you need to keep the 2% of people who are time wasters happy, or at least look like you somewhat care.

Lack of content? If by that you mean the cars, then that's how Project Cars is supposed to be. The problem with Forza and Gran Turismo is you get cars thrown at you left right and center that you either won't get round to driving, or don't want, you end up with hundreds of cars!

Project Cars is more about the actual racing than car collection, hence why it actually has more tracks and track variations than other games. There's more coming, there's a car pack out now, and more tracks in the works.

You don't have to drive all the cars in Forza, just the ones in like, whereas in PCars you drive... the cars the dev's like...

and it's already shown beyond doubt that less cars does NOT mean better driving. 

Also FM6 will have 26 locations and seems like 100 tracks. which is pretty competitive with ~30 locations and 110 tracks on PCars, Especially since I find that FM tends to have better track detail as well.