Supreme Court Rules All States Must License And Recognize Same-Sex Marriages

What bothers me is that some people can't accept that two people of the same sex cannot be happy and love each other in the same way that straight couples do.

I fully support gay people marrying. I'm not against it at all... I'm just not happy with the way SCOTUS went about this...

So, Driver's licenses should be done on a Federal level as well? After all, I do drive to other states without first being licensed in those states... The same is true for my Car regarding tags, registration, and inspections.

Yes, they should.  Otherwise, how can you legally drive in another state unless you have a driver's license issued there?

What bothers me is that some people can't accept that two people of the same sex cannot be happy and love each other in the same way that straight couples do.

Say what now?!? Do you have any proof for this or is this just bible dribble?

Yes, they should.  Otherwise, how can you legally drive in another state unless you have a driver's license issued there?

Full Faith & Credit Clause of the US Constitution...

Section 1: Full faith and credit shall be given in each state to the public acts, records, and judicial proceedings of every other state. And the Congress may by general laws prescribe the manner in which such acts, records, and proceedings shall be proved, and the effect thereof.

Section 2: The citizens of each state shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of citizens in the several states...

Source: US Constitution

ah brainfart!

There was also a third good one [iMO] that got buried (understandably) by the news of ACA where the Fair Housing Act was upheld by the SCOTUS. 

there is a huge difference between consenting adult humans and dog 

My dog is super smart. He can read and write. Who are you and all the other normal people to tell me that marriage or a bond of happiness shouldn't happen between a consenting dog and his lover? The day I can marry my dog is the day the US is a true democracy. I'm so tired of all these straight people trying to tell me to stop equating marriage with happiness ! 

what bugs me is that some people turn a debate about marriage into a straw-man debate about whether two people are allowed to love each other. for the record they do, with or without a government's approval. What we're talking about here is a license; a  pieces of paper that can be granted, denied, or revoked based on certain criteria.

• Like 2

that was my point. I wonder when muslims or mormans will bring legalized polygamy the supreme court.. if they are redefining marriage then sure they can change from 2 consenting adults to 3 or 4 consenting adults.

I honestly don't see why not, as long as they're consenting adults.

Full Faith & Credit Clause of the US Constitution...

Source: US Constitution

Yeah, except they aren't, are they? Because same sex marriages weren't recognized in states that hadn't legalised them, so the federal court HAD to step in.

You don't get to have 1 rule for one thing, and a different rule for another...

My dog is super smart. He can read and write. Who are you and all the other normal people to tell me that marriage or a bond of happiness shouldn't happen between a consenting dog and his lover? The day I can marry my dog is the day the US is a true democracy. I'm so tired of all these straight people trying to tell me to stop equating marriage with happiness ! 

No he's not. He's a brainless mutt that can barely eat his dinner and wag his tail at the same time. :p

Yeah, except they aren't, are they? Because same sex marriages weren't recognized in states that hadn't legalised them, so the federal court HAD to step in.

No he's not. He's a brainless mutt that can barely eat his dinner and wag his tail at the same time. :p

That is my point... The court didn't use the Full Faith & Credit Clause here... That would have required them to say that the states that don't allow it aren't forced to allow it directly, but they would have to fully recognize those from other states that do...

What they did instead was to pull marriage up under the 14th Amendment using the Equal Protection Clause as their basis. Taking a right that has existed on the State level and pulling it up to the Federal level out of nowhere.

I think you are confusing a man in a furry costume with a dog.

You Sir are a BIGOT of the lowest mutt order. My dog 'june' since a puppy has given one woof for 'No' and a woof-one second pause woof for 'YES'. I want to marry my june! Love and life is incomplete if I can't wake up in the morning to her warm snout and licking on all my man parts. She is a member of society just like anyone, a loved community member, a beacon of love and hope. I'm so tired of straight couples/people trying to tell me June shouldn't be my wife. I don't tell other men that they shouldn't marry their ugly (insert female dog name starting with 'Bit"....)  partners! I want DEMOCRACY. To the polls!

• Like 2

I think you are confusing a man in a furry costume with a dog.

you actually bring up a good point. with all the transsexual and transracial stuff has been hitting the news it's only a matter before other-kin does too. what do you do with a person who demands to legally be a dog? and after they are legally declared a dog can they marry ?

There was also a third good one [iMO] that got buried (understandably) by the news of ACA where the Fair Housing Act was upheld by the SCOTUS. 

ah nice read, thanks.

You Sir are a BIGOT of the lowest mutt order. My dog 'june' since a puppy has given one woof for 'No' and a woof-one second pause woof for 'YES'. I want to marry my june! Love and life is incomplete if I can't wake up in the morning to her warm snout and licking on all my man parts. She is a member of society just like anyone, a loved community member, a beacon of love and hope. I'm so tired of straight couples/people trying to tell me June shouldn't be my wife. I don't tell other men that they shouldn't marry their ugly (insert female dog name starting with 'Bit"....)  partners! I want DEMOCRACY. To the polls!

If you want to marry your dog, I support your choice.

First though, you must have her species legally declared as sentient, able to understand the choice before them and all of it's consequences, and dogs must demonstrate their ability to understand these things when put to them, and be able to convey their decision.  Once you've done that, you can then start your campaign to allow human/canine marriage.

I suspect you might have a long road ahead of you.

• Like 2

redefining marriage huh.  polygamy up next !

Shrug. I have no problem with that. As long as its between consenting adults fine by me. 

Shrug. I have no problem with that. As long as its between consenting adults fine by me. 

wait for the confusion that comes out when you also allow incest. you can marry your whole family!!

I have to laugh a little when I see all these FB and Twitter posts from corporations trying to capitalize on this.  It is like they are trying to scream "see, we care too!" when they were utterly silent on the issue beforehand.  Just a disgusting grab to increase their brand.

First though, you must have her specials legally declared as a sentient being, able to understand the choice before them and all of it's consequences, and dogs must demonstrate theirr ability to understand these things when put to them, and be able to convey their decision.  Once you've done that, you can then start your campaign to allow human/canine marriage.

Good point, HE may want to marry the dog, but what about the dog :laugh: for all we know the dog is held in captivity, I found this:

tumblr_lehsu2osZG1qzlfumo1_1280_original

• Like 2

First though, you must have her specials legally declared as a sentient being, able to understand the choice before them and all of it's consequences, and dogs must demonstrate theirr ability to understand these things when put to them, and be able to convey their decision.  Once you've done that, you can then start your campaign to allow human/canine marriage.

:D AH nothing beats the art of trolling to add some humour to such boring and serious social issues. My doggie salutes you fatman :p

• Like 1

I have to laugh a little when I see all these FB and Twitter posts from corporations trying to capitalize on this.  It is like they are trying to scream "see, we care too!" when they were utterly silent on the issue beforehand.  Just a disgusting grab to increase their brand.

Well at least some of the corporations did provide benefits to couples, but a lot of them are just using this for publicity, same as the confederate flag thing.

Once again the Supreme Court has proven to nothing more than an lealized orginized crime syndicate. This has always been a individule states decision, and should have been left at that. 

I'm not a hater, just tired of this government jumping in when they clearly don't have too.

When your state joined the "UNITED" States of America, it conceeded that there are was a single entity known as the Federal government that could create, enforce, and bind all states "UNITED" into enforcing as well.

SCOTUS did nothing today but uphold what 38 states and D.C, a vast majority by the way, have concluded on their own.

If your state didn't want to be "UNITED", it shouldn't have joined; likewise, your state can seceed, but I highly doubt it will... give and take... such is the order of things.

That is my point... The court didn't use the Full Faith & Credit Clause here... That would have required them to say that the states that don't allow it aren't forced to allow it directly, but they would have to fully recognize those from other states that do...

What they did instead was to pull marriage up under the 14th Amendment using the Equal Protection Clause as their basis. Taking a right that has existed on the State level and pulling it up to the Federal level out of nowhere.

This has been the pattern of Case Law established by this court. Whatever allows them to expand federal power the most is the direction that they will choose - everytime.