[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 (Build 10.0.10240) discussion & upgrade experience

Any news on Windows 11?

There will never be a Windows 11 with the current plan at Microsoft.  Windows 10 is what they are sticking with.  We'll either get a WIndows 10.1 or a WIndows 10 + Codename i.e. Windows 10 Redstone like they do with their Lumia series updates on Windows Phone 8.

I have a Samsung Tablet XE700T1C-K01US  running Preview 10166 Pro.   When will Samsung Update it drivers for Windows 10 thru its S/W update software????

No update for me yet on 10166. Maybe the UK isn't getting it yet.

I remember when 10166 it took a while for it appear for me as well, I think it downloaded for me about 3 hours after it was announced.

Yup, no sign of it here either, possibly later? I don't think he actually said it was available straight away, neither my laptop or PC are seeing it, either on slow or fast ring, noticed a bug with this new Nvidia driver though, my typing cursor has gone huge for some reason.

Can we post links if it's directly from MS or no ISOs full stop?

I hope so,  on my main machine I only have windows 10 in a VM,  I don't want to fully install the preview and then upgrade that way.  I'd like to just upgrade/fresh install now.  

I'll download this on my test machine.  

Downloading now. I hope Kaspersky gets its act together now. It seems to be the only AV that isn't compatible with the Insider Previews.

Probably but Microsoft have already asked people to install correctly using Windows Update, we're supposed to be testing this for them so that needs testing too.

Started downloading for me in Windows Update now  :) Can we activate this build like an RTM build? Or do we still need to use trial keys?

Yup, no sign of it here either, possibly later? I don't think he actually said it was available straight away, neither my laptop or PC are seeing it, either on slow or fast ring, noticed a bug with this new Nvidia driver though, my typing cursor has gone huge for some reason.

Same thing happened to me after upgrading to the latest Nvidia drivers. GeForce GTX 750 Ti here. Tried rolling back to the 353.30 drivers, but the cursor was still stretched out, and made selecting text a little frustrating. Ended up changing the text cursor to one of the other ones (beam_r.cur I believe) which I'm growing to like, actually. The cursor now appears normally.

Links to the ESD on WU are fine if you managed to capture that... just no RSA or product keys, please. :)

@freak180: Threshold 1

• Like 2