[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 (Build 10.0.10240) discussion & upgrade experience

For me too,just for Youtube it doesn't. 

yeah was saying youtube plays sound just fine in Edge for me.

Try to see what your speaker settings are.

Similar people back in windows 8, firefox, ie days had no sound in youtube html5 with their speaker settings set to 5.1.

example:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/youtube/4CL8H7JFNLY

This was DRIVING ME INSANE until I found the fix tonight.

I discovered the HTML5 lack of sound had to do with my Speaker configuration in the speaker properties.. I have a 5.1 system so I set my speakers to 5.1.. but tonight I decided to toggle the speaker setting to "Headphones" this solved the problem.  I'm using a Sound Blaster Audigy sound card.  Hope this helps someone going forward.

worth a try.

Has anyone found a way to do a clean install yet or will we need to wait for ISO's from MS?

Has anyone found a way to do a clean install yet or will we need to wait for ISO's from MS?

Use 'Reset' after you upgraded, so you have the activation done right.

You can already make your own ISOs now. ;)

Like mentioned above, I am able to do a clean install from ISO created from the ESD on both of my machines once upgraded, but others claim they haven't so your mileage may vary.

I decided to don't like the new startmenu and fall back to startisback  :/

yeah, i got classicshell installed.

its sad really, people where asking for classic start menu to come back, instead we got this bastardized frankenstein menu, there goes the whole we are listening to feedback 

its sad really, people where asking for classic start menu to come back, instead we got this bastardized frankenstein menu, there goes the whole we are listening to feedback

Here we go...It's better than 8&8.1's one...want another one,wait for Redstone.

So I tried it with my rig but the nvidia drivers are screwed right now. My 2nd card (GTX 580) wont work at all (code 43) and my 780 has issues with Settings and a few other areas where it glitches all the time.

Reverted to a clean w8.1 install and funnily enough my key still worked unlike a few have asserted.....

Yeah so as the above poster said, the Nvidia Driver 353.54 is complete garbage. the .30 was fine, this .54 installed automatically through windows update and you CANNOT disable the install. This is really starting to #@#$^& me off. I am seeing graphical glitches, lag when dragging windows around, screen tearing.. etc.. No problems if I roll back to .30. And there is NO way to stop it from reinstalling except disabling WU, which we shouldn't have to do.

I found this. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

If anyone wants to try it and report back....?

EDIT: Just got a NVIDIA Driver has stopped responding error and Windows restarted it. First time I have seen that in a long time.

On a tablet, you have to manually open the keyboard whenever you need to type in a textbox in a win32 program.

ummm, no, if it's in tablet mode, the keyboard will pop up when you click a text box. I think there is a very few rare occasions where it doesn't happen, but that's extremely rare.

I can't believe they left out the option to be able to grab the top right corner of the start menu and resize it horizontally and vertically all at the same time.

I can't believe they left out the option to be able to grab the top right corner of the start menu and resize it horizontally and vertically all at the same time.

Send it to Feedback and they will consider to add it in.

Yeah, they didn't cater to a specific rather minor feedback from a small amount of users, and butchering the multi platform user experience in the process, so they're not listening to feedback /s :rolleyes:

They can't go back to a 95 style start menu from the stone age, not in this day and age, it's archaic and doesn't fit on the multi platform strategy which they need to survive in the future. sorry, but a sub percentage of vocal windows users who think windows should stay set in stone forever won't keep them alive forever. 

As it is, they already catered way to much to this vocal minority. 

Do an in place upgrade. Once you're upgraded you can clean install and it will activate as soon as you connect to the internet again.

Its stepped now horizontally though right?  I did like the angle grab.

What does ClassicShell provide at this point?  Do you use a pre-Vista configuration?

Yeah so as the above poster said, the Nvidia Driver 353.54 is complete garbage. the .30 was fine, this .54 installed automatically through windows update and you CANNOT disable the install. This is really starting to #@#$^& me off. I am seeing graphical glitches, lag when dragging windows around, screen tearing.. etc.. No problems if I roll back to .30. And there is NO way to stop it from reinstalling except disabling WU, which we shouldn't have to do.

I found this. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

If anyone wants to try it and report back....?

EDIT: Just got a NVIDIA Driver has stopped responding error and Windows restarted it. First time I have seen that in a long time.

So,it wasn't just for me...

You can try that and report it back,there's no danger.

If during the upgrade you get the error "Something happened, Windows Install Failed" Then you need to find more free space on the drive.

Am I able to install Windows 10 on my HTPC as an insider? Will it ask for a product key?

I created an ISO from the ESD file in the $Windows~BT folder. That was download on my Windows 8 Pro machine.

I then used that ISO "Windows 10 Pro" to successfully upgrade 3 other machines. Never asked for a product key on any of them.

I created an ISO from the ESD file in the $Windows~BT folder. That was download on my Windows 8 Pro machine.

I then used that ISO "Windows 10 Pro" to successfully upgrade 3 other machines. Never asked for a product key on any of them.

Just trying this now. It's created the file 'en_windows_10_pro_10240_x64_dvd.iso' so it's looking good.