Can't upgrade to 10149

I have a Lumia 930 that I'm using in the US (bought from eBay) and I can't get it to update to 10149.  I've tried both a soft reset and a hard reset but the same thing keeps happening: the update is detected and downloaded, then it asks me to reboot the phone.  It goes through some "thinking" before it reboots and then I get the error: "There were problems downloading some updates, but we'll try again later.  If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help.  This error code might help: (0x80080005)".

A friend told me to make sure the region was set to default.  The region is set to the US, but I know that's not the default region for this phone since it wasn't available in the US.  Don't know what else to try.

OK, so I started thinking about what my friend said and I decided to change the region to UK since it's a European phone.  Apparently that worked and the phone downloaded and installed the update.  The only downside is that the phone's language changed to Chinese.  I did a hard reset and it asked for my languages again so I'm finishing up the set up in English and everything should be back to normal.  I think the phone is originally Chinese since it installs a Reader app in Chinese every time I reset it.

So if you have a phone that you're using outside the original region that may be the reason you can't upgrade the OS.  Hopefully that might help someone if this thread comes up in a search.

I never have problem updating to the latest preview on my Lumia 1520. However I noticed if you run the preview and change the region from US to UK or HK. Cortana is disabled and is more stable. It does not heat up without using it.