Monitor bandwidth usage over network for each individual computer

Is there anyway to monitor bandwidth usage over a network from each individual computer with a program installed on just my pc ?
I know I could use the router but I don't see the option on my ASUS RT-N66U router.

Is there anyway to monitor bandwidth usage over a network from each individual computer with a program installed on just my pc ?

I know I could use the router but I don't see the option on my ASUS RT-N66U router.

Looks like this router allows you to select per device. I would suggest upgrading it to the latest firmware.

Looks like this router allows you to select per device. I would suggest upgrading it to the latest firmware.

Will this damage the router or make it now work at all anymore?

PabUK is it easy to update to Asuswrt-Merlin without messing up the router or killing it?

Thanks.

Yes, when I did it all my settings were retained. You just install it through the WebUI like a normal update. Just be sure to backup your settings to a file first, then in the unlikely event of something going horribly wrong you can always return to the stock firmware if necessary (there's a tool to do so on the Asus website).

Yes, when I did it all my settings were retained. You just install it through the WebUI like a normal update. Just be sure to backup your settings to a file first, then in the unlikely event of something going horribly wrong you can always return to the stock firmware if necessary (there's a tool to do so on the Asus website).

Thanks.

Just asking do you have a link to the tool on Asus website so if something goes wrong I have it?

It's the one that mentions "Firmware Restoration". Honestly though, you are really unlikely to need it. It should be enough to know it exists (it's also on the CD that came with the router if you still have it).

It's the one that mentions "Firmware Restoration". Honestly though, you are really unlikely to need it. It should be enough to know it exists (it's also on the CD that came with the router if you still have it).

I don't see it :( Didn't keep the cd or box.

Really? It's called "ASUS RT-N66U B1 Utility version 4.2.3.9" and it's the last one in the Utility section.

Yes really. Maybe I am a blind. Will try again. Nope couldn't find it :(

Did you select Windows 8 64 bit ?

All I see is:

Utility supports MFP (Multi-function Peripheral, MFP or All-in-One Printer) version 1.0.3.4

This utility can help you set up the USB printer to connect to the router, and use EZ printer sharing in Windows OS.

Please refer the supported printers list as following link:

http://event.asus.com/2009/networks/printersupport

OS Support: Win 2003 / Win XP / Win Vista / Win 7 / Win 8

ASUS RT-N66U B1 Device Discovery version 1.4.6.5

ASUS RT-N66U B1 Device Discovery version 1.4.6.5

You can use the device discovery tool to find the IP address of wireless router.

OS Support: Win 2003 / Win XP / Win Vista / Win 8

Language: English / Traditional Chinese / Simplified Chinese / French / German / Italian / Spanish / Russian / Czech / Polish / Portuguese (Portugal) / Portuguese (Brazil) / Greek / Hungarian / Romanian / Thai / Turkish / Danish / Finnish / Norwegian / Swedish

Utility supports MFP (Multi-function Peripheral, MFP or All-in-One Printer) version 1.0.3.3

This utility can help you set up the USB printer to connect to the router, and use EZ printer sharing in Windows OS.

Please refer the supported printers list as following link:

http://event.asus.com/2009/networks/printersupport

OS Support: Win 2003 / Win XP / Win Vista / Win 7 / Win 8

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...