Looking for a cloud backup solution

with the cloudberry backup desktop version you can set it and forget it.  As to stuff to delete.. You could just use the date of your original file to figure out how long its been in glacier I would image.  If its 6 months old you should be good to go for example if you do a backup to glacier say every day or week, etc.

Maybe I am not understanding how you work with these files or what they are of.. If the file is critical to be backed up or archived why would you ever want to delete it.  Unless they were project related and the project is over and owner of the files have been given their files to do with what they want, etc.

I use glacier for my home videos and picture - I can not think of when any of those would ever be deleted or not archived for prosperity be it I don't really care for the photo/video or not.  If I thought it should be archived in the first place.

I import all the pictures from an SD card. It goes into an SSD just for that with a date-based folder structure. I usually do a first pass upon importing to delete the ones I know for sure I'm not keeping. I also need to tag them with keywords. But I don't always have the time to do it. Other times I just don't feel like it so they sit in a import folder. Sometime I'm running low on space on my SSD so I do another pass to see if there are any pictures that are below average that I would not mind deleting. At 10 MB a pop it goes pretty fast.

So yeah. I don't edit the files but I do move them around. Not often but I cannot predict when I will. The solution would need to be automated. So a sync holding deleted files will bite me hard because I cannot tell the software to not touch files deleted less than 3 months ago. It does not keep track of what happened and when to figure out when its OK to remove the files.

I just don't think Glacier is the optimal solution for me even though I would like it to be.

yeah I don't think so either...  You seem to mess with the files too much, and also seem to have local space issues.

I have my storage server where I put the videos and pictures that I am keeping so that can watch them on TV, etc.  This is auto backed up to a different disk on a different server, and then also copied over to my desktop ever night.  These are then backed up to glacier once a week and also current crashplan.

Every month or so - or when I get enough files to fill up another dvd or bluray I do a manual burn to optical making 2 copies where 1 copy stays on my shelf and another I give to my son to keep at his house.

Without how you manipulate the files and such and wanting automation I would think crashplan more what your after.