Remember back in 1975 and 76 will on a speaking engagement in Japan I came across some Transformer toys in a market just outside of Tokyo. bough two big ones for each of my boys.  Other the next several years I picked up around a total of eight of the transforming toys. . .my kids loved them as do the neighboring kids. . of course it would be over twenty years later that they became a house hold item. . .:yes:

Menasor vs. Autobots.

Hidden Content

Combiner Wars Menasor must have set you back a bit! He looks very good though.

Superion looks pretty good but I'm not sold on Alpha Bravo replacing Slingshot; it doesn't look right.

Combiner Wars Menasor must have set you back a bit! He looks very good though.

Superion looks pretty good but I'm not sold on Alpha Bravo replacing Slingshot; it doesn't look right.

Menasor looks good, but is unstable - Motormaster doesn't peg together solidly, so his shoulders come undone easily.

Hasbro released Slingshot and Wildrider as online exclusives, so I actually have the classic roster for both teams, AB doesn't look too bad - he has similar coloration to Slingshot, so he is a decent substitute.

• 2 weeks later...

WP_20150917_16_19_43_Pro.thumb.jpg.dc4b2

World's Smallest TF Convoy and Ultra Magnus. The Convoy came as 2 sets - the cab and trailer were separate.

Ultra Magnus is a 3rd party figure, replicating nearly all of the functionality of the original in miniature, down to the "big" robot fists and head being addon pieces.

• 3 weeks later...

WP_001784.thumb.jpg.20143c51b1103f14a9c2

I've been neglecting this thread. A lot of my `bots are packed away, as I'm getting ready to move. But here's an older shot from right after I got my first N scale train. WSTF Prowl, Bumblebee and Sideswipe, a non-transforming Ginrai and a few tiny superheroes vs. Ruination. Ruination is actually an undersized bootleg set, but perfectly sized for this display. All his components form their vehicle modes, but only Mega-Octane/Onslaught has a full robot mode.

WP_001783.thumb.jpg.01c7aca12f2dceeca49b

A wider angle shot. You can see that Metroplex has his original stickers, worn & faded. And there's a battle going on - Prime vs. Megatron, Red Alert vs. Soundwave, and a couple Seekers on the helipad!

WP_001785.thumb.jpg.288bc1eb2a49c76de0fa

Close-up on Prime & Megatron.

• Like 2

When the promotional materials were coming out for Age of Extinction, a popular picture was Optimus riding Grimlock, based on one of the posters.

This was my take on it: ROTF Legends Optimus riding One-Step Grimlock.

WP_20140526_09_50_25_Pro.thumb.jpg.d2b27

And the reverse: Same Grimlock, on Battle Command Optimus. A Japanese figure meant to work with the One-Steps.

WP_20140907_22_07_01_Pro.thumb.jpg.871cb

Just got my Japanese Transformers Legends/Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus. Nicer colors than the domestic release - closer to the original toy. And it comes with an Alpha Trion I can put in Autobot City when I rebuild it after I move in 2 weeks. Not a bad figure, but it isn't going to replace my Classics Magnus with Fansproject City Commander armor.

transformers-legends-lg-14-ultra-magnus-

Ultra Magnus

6087987610_2f020e1f52_z.thumb.jpg.c0c464

Classics Magnus with City Commander armor. About the only way the official one is better is the head design.

Most of my figures are packed up at this point, but here's a cool novelty that hasn't been boxed: Choro-Q Convoy. He's got a pull-back motor in truck mode.

WP_20151021_11_02_32_Pro.thumb.jpg.e386c

WP_20151021_11_03_15_Pro.thumb.jpg.4cda2

Got a few `bots out now that I'm moved. My young cousins have strict instructions to never touch without asking permission. We'll see how well they obey . . .

Of course, I've got a few moderately cool figures I'm of a mind to give them, which might help keep them from messing up the stuff I really care about.

Got a few `bots out now that I'm moved. My young cousins have strict instructions to never touch without asking permission. We'll see how well they obey . . .

Transformer extinction in the making :D

Transformer extinction in the making :D

Possibly. A lock will be going on my door at the earliest opportunity. My godson Isaiah also loves trains, so I haven't started rebuilding the N scale setup yet . . .

WP_20151104_08_42_56_Pro.thumb.jpg.bdd99

Custom "Classics" God Ginrai made from a TF4 Optimus Prime and a 3rd party kit.All of the add-on parts, except for one rifle, attach to his truck mode as well.

A6513_OPTIMUS-PRIME-1_1392556187.thumb.j

This is what the figure originally looked like.

Of course, I've got a few moderately cool figures I'm of a mind to give them, which might help keep them from messing up the stuff I really care about.

Well, they lasted a week.

I'd rebuilt my train layout on Saturday, using Fort Max as the core. Sunday, I went back to the old place to retrieve my kitty, whom I'd left behind until I could get the basic setup established.

I put down the carrier, let Chara out, and noticed that some stuff was moved around in the train set. All the N-scale cars were in one spot, and some bots were moved.

And WST Optimus was missing entirely. Isaiah had taken him. I got Prime back ok, but I told the boys in no uncertain terms that they'd blown it. That they shouldn't even ask to play with my collection or my video games or my computer. I may relax on it later on, but it'll be at least a couple weeks before they get another chance. And that's if they keep out of my stuff in the meantime.

Rebuilt Autobot City the way I want it.

WP_20151112_06_10_49_Pro.thumb.jpg.2b83f

You'll notice some new N scale cars - they add character to the display, but blatantly reveal how not-N Scale the WST Autobots are in car mode.

WP_20151112_06_11_06_Pro.thumb.jpg.64888

Alpha Trion  in a discussion with Optimus Prime and Cerebros. On the ramp in back you can see a model of Herbie the Love Bug.

WP_20151112_06_11_16_Pro.thumb.jpg.63de9

My new bank, guarded by Prowl. I was tempted to get a donut shop to display with him. :D