Your favorite android apps? Recommend me!

+RNDM_STRNGR

Since I got a new phone, I have put an absolute minimum of apps on it that i use all the time. 

I am looking to get more cool apps, and I want to know what apps do YOU use the most / like the most.

Please post a list.

So far I use:

Waze

Uber

Viber

WhatsApp

Banking Apps

Next Episode

Twilight

MortPlayer

Shazam

Total Commander

and a couple of games.       

Advice me :)   Any types of apps are welcome, really!  As soon as you like them and use them.   NO GAMES!

soufianlemoine

Download MP3

+RNDM_STRNGR

I am not impressed with neowin search at all so i rarely like to use it...

However its strange that i completely missed this thread.

Still, most of the stuff there is older posts, only a few more or less recent.

So i still welcome suggestions on the newer apps.

Here or in the other thread, does not matter to me.

You know an app you love post it.

+warwagon

pushbullet .. for getting and responding to texts from my computer .. also alerts you of any notification that is on your phone on your computer including but not limited to incoming phone calls, when your phone is not next to you. (The most handy thing ever) I recommend disabling all notifications and turning on just the ones you want.

send-anywhere for sending stuff from my computer to my phone and vis versa

Silence Premium for muting my phone when I sleep or take a nap.

Unread Badge widget for showing me how many new emails I have in each of my 5 gmail accounts

Event reminder makes my phone go off when a calender event comes due.

19779870665_83d23d041f_z.jpg

Textra Just my personal favorite Text messaging Application. I just love how easy it is to create a new text message and choose who you want to send it too. Its .99 for life for no ads.

• 2 months later...
remixedcat

Recommend the following currently: (Note: These are the google play hosted ones - Not providing "off network" links)

Network:

Wifi Analyzer

Fing

Speedtest

Shark (NOTE!! MUST BE ROOTED!)

Media:

Poweramp (base version - requires unlocker for full)

Netflix

MGO

System:

WAKELock Detector (AKA WLD) (NOTE!!!MUST BE ROOTED ABOVE ANDROID V4.3+!!)

ES File Explorer

App Backup And Restore

Greenify

Folderdownloader

Location services:

Inrix Traffic!

Uber

Browsers:

Dolphin

Weather/Info:

Intellicast

Catfacts

• 1 year later...
Yogurth

Smart Audiobook Player

Material  Audiobook Player

JetAudio

AIMP

Total Commander

Handy Calc

Here WeGo

K-9 Mail

Viber

Hacker's Keyboard

Radio Paradise

YAATA SMS

MX Player

Simple ToDo

Super Backup

• Like 1
  • +RNDM_STRNGR locked and unlocked this topic
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Daedroth

Automation:

AutomateIt

Tasker

Maps:

Parkopedia - Help finding places to park your car.

Velociraptor - Overlay for Google Maps showing current speed from GPS info.

Media:

Podcast Addict

System:

Avira Optimizer

CCleaner

FAST (Speed checker)

WiFi Analyzer

Android Oreo Specific:

Hide "using battery" Notification - As describes, this hides the notifications that x apps are using battery.

No Signal Alert - Oreo notifies/vibrates the phone every time it loses and regains signal. I work in a place with intermittent signal and it's extremely annoying.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
Trientr

On my Android phone  (This is from a programmer's perspective):

the navigation apps:
Google Maps

Waze

Entertainment:
Facebook
Youtube
Twitter

Browser:
Google Chrome
Firefox
SRWare Iron

kollerethan15

I think there is not only apps that is my favorite as world goes digital and every thing is on your finger tips which makes everything accessible for everyone, So every apps that makes our works easy are favorite.

Sir Topham Hatt

Depends what you're into and what you like.

I use HERE maps instead of Waze as I've used Here since Windows Phone days and found it pretty good.

I use ColorNote, which is one of the most simplistic notes apps I've found. I didn't want anything fancy, just an easy way to save text.

I also have FlightRadar24 for nosiness on what planes are above me. That's a recent addition.

Adaway (needs root) is a good one though. Only had it about 6 months but has actually been quite useful.

• 1 month later...
ihssn

Some of my favourite apps include Wifi Analyzer, Sandbox, FlightRadar24, Subway Surfers and Instagram. I have a folder which includes CPU-Z, IP Tools, Who's On My Wifi, AIDA64 and XDA. I have an app called Files which I find good for file management and freeing up storage space.😁

fusi0n

Authy

+Biscuits Brown

Standards for me are (in no particular order) 

• AdGuard 
  • Edge Browser
  • BitWarden
  • Pocket Casts
  • Spotify
  • Textra
  • SkySafari 6 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jay Bonggolto
      Google's Hold for Me feature stays on the line when your call is placed on hold
      by Jay Bonggolto

Google today introduced a new feature called "Hold for Me" that does the waiting in your place while your call is on hold. The capability was announced along with today's unveiling of the Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a (5G).

With the new feature, Google Assistant will stay on the line for you so you can do other important tasks while waiting for a business representative, for example, to return to the call. It is available in an early preview on the Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a (5G) in the U.S..

The new capability applies only to calls made to a toll-free number, though. It uses Google's Duplex technology to identify a hold music and distinguish the difference between a recorded message and an actual person speaking. When someone on the other line is ready to talk, Assistant will then send you a sound alert, vibrate your phone, and display a prompt on your screen.

To protect your privacy, audio is processed only on your device and it works even without an internet connection. Google says it won't save audio recordings to your account unless you choose otherwise to help improve the capability. Nonetheless, it completely stops processing audio when you return to the line.

You can enable the feature by opening the Phone app, tapping on the three-dot menu, and going to the settings section. From there, you can turn on the Hold for Me option. Keep in mind that you must also turn on the feature with each call before Assistant waits on hold for you.

• By Rich Woods
      Specs Appeal: Google Pixel 5 vs Pixel 4a 5G vs Pixel 4a
      by Rich Woods

Today, Google announced its next-generation Pixel phones, and it's something of a change from what we're used to. Normally at this time, the Mountain View firm takes to an NYC stage to show off a flagship phone that uses the latest Snapdragon 8 series chipset, and then there's an XL version of that.

That's not the case this year. This year, the lineup is closer to mid-range. The Pixel 4a launched in August, and one of the phones we got today was a 5G version of that, and the Pixel 5 looks really similar to the Pixel 4a 5G, despite costing $200 more.

So what exactly is the difference? We're here to help. Here's a full comparison:

Pixel 5 Pixel 4a 5G Pixel 4a Colors Just Black, Sorta Sage Just Black, Clearly White Just Black Body 144.7x70.4x8mm, 151g 153.9x74x8.2mm, 168g 144x69.4x8.2mm, 143g Network Sub6 5G 4G LTE Display Full-screen 6.0-inch (151 mm) display
      19.5:9 aspect ratio
      FHD+ (1080 x 2340) Flexible OLED at 432 ppi
      Always-on display
      Now Playing
      Touchscreen
      Smooth Display (up to 90 Hz)
      >1,000,000:1 contrast ratio
      HDR support
      Full 24-bit depth for 16 million colors

Full-screen 6.2-inch (158 mm) display
      FHD+ (1080 x 2340) OLED at 413 ppi
      Always-on display
      Now Playing
      Touchscreen
      >100,000:1 contrast ratio
      HDR support
      Full 24-bit depth for 16 million colors

Full-screen 5.8 in (148 mm) display
      FHD+ (1080 x 2340) OLED at 443 ppi
      HDR Support
      Always-on display
      Ambient EQ
      100,000:1 contrast ratio
      Touchscreen

Battery Typical 4080 mAh
      Fast wireless charging
      All-day battery
      Battery Share: Charge other devices wirelessly

Typical 3885 mAh
      All-day battery
      Fast charging

Typical 3140 mAh
      All-day battery
      Fast charging

Design Recycled aluminum
      Corning Gorilla Glass 6 cover glass
      Water resistant

Soft touch Polycarbonate unibody Polycarbonate unibody
      Corning Gorilla Glass 3 cover glass

Memory and storage 8GB LPDDR4x RAM 128GB storage

6GB LPDDR4x RAM
      128GB storage

Security Titan M security module
      Pixel Imprint

Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G with Octa-Core
      Adreno 620

Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G
      Adreno 618

Rear camera 12.2MP dual-pixel
      1.4μm pixel width
      Autofocus with dual pixel phase detection
      Optical + electronic image stabilization
      ƒ/1.7 aperture
      77° field of view
      16MP ultrawide
      1.0 μm pixel width
      ƒ/2.2 aperture
      107° field of view

12.2MP dual-pixel
      ƒ/1.7 aperture
      Auto-focus with dual-pixel phase detection
      Optical + electronic image stabilization
      77° field of view
      1.4 μm pixel width

Front camera 8MP
      1.12μm pixel width
      ƒ/2.0 aperture
      Fixed focus
      83° field of view

Camera features Night Sight
      Top Shot
      Portrait Mode
      Super Res Zoom
      Motion Auto Focus
      Live HDR+
      Frequent Faces
      Dual exposure controls
      Cinematic Pan
      Ultrawide Lens
      Portrait Light

Night Sight
      Top Shot
      Portrait Mode
      Live HDR+
      Dual exposure controls
      Motion Auto Focus
      Super Res Zoom
      Group Selfie Cam
      Frequent Faces

Audio Stereo speakers
      USB-C audio

Stereo speakers
      USB-C audio
      3.5mm audio jack

USB-C audio
      3.5mm audio jack

Starting price $699 $499 $349
      As you can see, these are all very similar yet different devices. One key value proposition of the Pixel 5 is that it has the 90Hz display that debuted on the Pixel 4 series, and of course, that it has wireless charging. It's also got more RAM and it's made of more premium materials.

The Pixel 4a 5G seems to be more in the Pixel 5 family than the Pixel 4a, but it's still one of the most inexpensive 5G phones that you're going to find. And then, of course, the regular Pixel 4a is a solid value for your dollar at $349.

• By Rich Woods
      Google announces the Pixel 4a 5G and Pixel 5 with no surprises
      by Rich Woods

Today, Google held its fall hardware event. Instead of being in New York City like it usually is, it was virtual, thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic. Rather than a flagship phone and an XL variant, the Mountain View firm mixed it up. This year, we got the flagship Pixel 5, and a 5G variant of the Pixel 4a.

To be clear, everything about these devices has been leaked, so there really weren't any surprises. The nice thing is that they're official, though.

First up is the Pixel 4a 5G, which was actually teased at the Pixel 4a launch. It's more than just a 5G version of the Pixel 4a though. It gets a better chipset with the Snapdragon 765G, and it has 6GB RAM, a 6.2-inch FHD OLED display, and more. Google also added a 16MP ultra-wide sensor, something that the company defended not using last year. It has a bigger battery too, at 3,885mAh

The Pixel 5 has the same Snapdragon 765G as the Pixel 4a XL, although it has 8GB RAM instead of 6GB. That makes this the first non a-series Pixel to not use the Snapdragon 8 series. The Pixel 5 also get an ultra-wide lens, replacing the 2x zoom lens of last year's Pixel 4.

It has a 6-inch 19.5:9 FHD+ OLED display, although this one has a 90Hz refresh rate, something found on its predecessor but not the Pixel 4a or 4a 5G. The battery is larger at 4,080mAh too, and of course, it supports wireless charging. In fact, Google is adding reverse wireless charging so you can charge some truly wireless earbuds.

One other thing that Google said is that it's making some camera improvements. For example, there are now three different stabilization modes. Also, Night Sight now works with Portrait Mode, and being that Google likes to update these things through software, you'll likely see that on older models as well.

The Pixel 4a 5G starts at $499, and you can check it out here. The Pixel 5 starts at $699, and you can check it out here.

• By eRajesh
      Xiaomi announces the Mi 10T and Mi 10T Pro, prices start from €499
      by Rajesh Pandey

Xiaomi has announced two new handsets today: the Mi 10T and the Mi 10T Pro, with the latter being the company's latest flagship smartphone for the EU. Both phones are very similar, with the non-Pro Mi 10T coming with a slightly downgraded camera setup.

The Mi 10T and the Mi 10T Pro both feature a 6.67-inch FHD+ resolution LCD panel with a 144Hz refresh rate that's protected with Corning's Gorilla Glass 5. Xiaomi is using AdaptiveSync to automatically adjust the refresh rate of the display to improve the battery life of the devices.

The regular Mi 10T comes with 6GB RAM, while the Mi 10T Pro packs 8GB of RAM. Both devices are powered by a Snapdragon 865 chip and feature a 5,000mAh battery with 33W MMT fast charging support that's 17% faster than the company's previous implementation. Other specs of the devices include stereo speakers, X-axis vibration motor, side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Gorilla Glass 5 panels at the front and back, 5G, Bluetooth 5.0, USB-C, and more. Notably, there's no IP rating, wireless charging, and NFC on these phones.

In terms of camera, the Mi 10T Pro comes with a 108MP primary shooter featuring OIS along with a 13MP ultra-wide and a 5MP macro sensor. The regular Mi 10 switches to a 64MP unit for the primary camera while keeping the other camera sensors intact. At the front, both phones house a 20MP selfie shooter. The phones come with a number of new camera features including Photo Clones, new Color filters, AI Skyscapping 3.0, six different long exposure modes, Dual Video, and more.

On the software front, the Mi 10T series runs on MIUI 12 that's based on Android 10. MIUI 12 comes with a redesigned Control Center, new system icons, improved UI/UX, and more.

The Mi 10T will start from 499€, while the Mi 10T Pro starts from 599€ and goes up to 649€ for the 8GB RAM/256GB storage variant.

• By indospot
      Pixel 5 leaks in live images hours ahead of official reveal
      by João Carrasqueira

Image credit: Jon Prosser (Twitter) Google is set to hold a hardware event later today, where the company will officially reveal the new Pixel 5, as well as a 5G variant of the Pixel 4a. However, with just a few hours to go before the unveil, leakster Jon Prosser has gone ahead and shared live images of the device, showing off its design in full.

The images shared on Twitter show both the front and back of the device, with a display sporting minimal bezels and a punch-hole cutout for the front-facing camera. That display has been rumored to be a 6-inch OLED panel with a 90Hz refresh rate and a 2340x1080 resolution.

Meanwhile, the back of the device shows off the square camera module with two sensors, an LED flash, and a microphone. The rear of the phone also includes a fingerprint sensor. The body itself seems to be textured, and you can also see the volume rocker and power button on the side, the latter being a different color from the phone itself.

Prior to this leak, most of the phone's specs had already been revealed, including a Snapdragon 765G chipset, 8GB of RAM, 128GB of storage, and a 4,000mAh battery. The rear cameras are said to be a 12.2MP main sensor and a 16MP ultra-wide lens.

Google is also set to announce the Pixel 4a 5G today, and the rumored specs for that are similar in some ways, though the display is bigger, at 6.2 inches, and it lacks the 90hz refresh rate of the Pixel 5. It also comes with just 6GB of RAM and a smaller 3,800mAh battery. The Pixel 4a 5G has been officially confirmed to cost $499, while the Pixel 5 has been rumored to cost $699, though that has yet to be confirmed.