Network Share While Connected to VPN

Go to solution Solved by conna,

Question

Berserk87

Currently I'm using a virtual machine running windows 7 as my torrent machine. This virtual machine is always connected to a vpn to hide traffic/ip address. This makes it really easy to use since I can just drag and drop the files into my main pc. 

I've had a netbook laying around that I havn't been using and realized that It would be easy to use than the virtual machine while consuming less power and leaving my main pc with more resources. the issue here is I have no way of transferring the files without using a flash drive or external hard drive. 

Is it possible to setup a local network share that I can access on my main pc while the netbook is still connected to the vpn? or is there an easier method? 

2 answers to this question

conna

As long as the laptop and the desktop are on the same network you should be able to access file shares and such. That should remain true once the laptop connects to the VPN. Normal.

I know it works because I have domain controllers that connect to other networks and the local access is uneffected.

Flash drive sneaker net is not bad either. Reminds me of setting up a flash drive as the "shared folder" of some anon file sharing program back in the day. Pull drive and view it on desktop to see what the days trolling dug up....  DMZ instead of VPN but close.

Berserk87

You were right. When I tried to set this up using my virtual machine I couldn't seem to get it working, but it works just fine on my laptop. 

I've got everything working and setup a network drive on my computer linking to the laptops download folder.