Pointless Thread Of The Week: Girl Geeks....Do they Exist?

26 members have voted

1. 1. Pointless Thread Of The Week: Girl Geeks....Do they Exist?

• Yup....she was hot AND she kicked my A$$ in Quake III :D
    • Dude! Girl Geeks are a Legend, Nothing More!

Ok this is kinda a pointless thread as its just me putting my thoughts up here for the world to see. But have you ever wondered if there is such a thing as a female geek? Someone that loves computers, loves a good fraggin' (in Quake/Counterstrike ;) ) and can generally keep up with the best of us in the system 0wnage stakes :D

I feel kinda embarressed when i get "outed" by chicks as being a geek, as none of them have a clue what i'm talking about when i start talking about my hobby/obsession :s

In the unlikely even that you have met a girl geek (!!) please tell me what she was like and how "good" she was in terms of computing ability :)

Note: This thread is just out of my own curiosity.

No such thing as a gyrl geek! ;)

NEway, I met a cool gyrl on Habbo Hotel... I'm not sure to class her as a geek but she spends hours and hours on the computer. She is even with in meeting distance. Wahoo. But the chances of me scoring with a cool gyrl are.... NIL! Oh well, I can always dream [don't take that in a dirty way you old pervs!]. :)

Poor me. :(

-mortensenj

A sandwich hey... they are SO 1990! LOL. Now it's all pitta bread this, bread rolls that.... I give up.... :D:D:D

NE1 got a Mum who is a computer geek? I fink not! Women just can't handle computers [lol, just kidding... but it would be interesting to get some posts from women here (not including myself ;)].

-mortensenj

Originally posted by mr.Bojangles  

what kind of sandwich?

strawberry jam and peanut butter - it was yummy :D - my mum even took off the icky crusties!

Pita = icky!

I think tommorow will be ham and cheese....I may have to start a poll to see what sandwich rit should eat - this will revolutionize the web!

LOL... I'm gonna have to start a new topic - "How old were you when you started eating your crusts?" :D:D:D

Marmelade, blue cheese and marmite is a sandwich that I hope I will NEVER have to eat. :D:D

-mortensenj

Originally posted by goofydave  

They do exist. My ex gf got 99.97 for her VCE and now she is @ Melbourne Uni doing some course relating to Bluetooth and best of all - she was hot!!! ;) :D ;)

But the big question on everyone's mind...has she started to eat the crusties??
Marmelade, blue cheese and marmite is a sandwich that I hope I will NEVER have to eat.
I have to throw up now - 'scuse me! :D

Bluetooth is dead... there is another technology that is meant to be highly supported [iEEE 802 - I heard that somewhere but can't be if that's it] that is much better than Bluetooth. Not that Bluetooth will disappear forever but the use of it will be quite limited [if it is used at all].

-mortensenj

Its now accepted that women are better programmers than men. Its the way thier mind works what gives them them such ability...

we all know that they are the best fault finders... I am sure the people out there with wifes or long term GF's can agree with that..... no matter what you do or how you do it.. she will find a fault...

true...i've never met a chick in IRL though that liked computers in the geekish sense :D

If toast always lands butter side down, and cats always land on their feet: what happens if you drop a cat with toast strapped to its back?

Just a thought :)

I beleive something of the same lines as if you drop a quantum singularity onto a perfect pivot to determine which way it would fall, the universe gives up and we all go BOOM !

Ok maybe not, but my cat would not at all be impressed if I tried to tape toast to her back nooooooooo sir !

Back to the thread however ... no, there's no such thing as a leet b4b3 .. closest I ever met was in college, and she still needed help with binary artithmetic .. ah well :)

After all the time that I have been into computers I have yet to meet a girl geek. Geek being that she knows more than what is good for any individual about computers.

However sadly, most girls that I know and even my girlfriend know way more about cars than I probably ever will, but when it comes to computers, they prefer to leave them alone.

Maybe its because they all have macs and say that they run very slow. My girlfriend's sister went out and bought an IMac because it "looked cute, and matched the decor of the room it was being put in."

Just my 2 cents.