How to dissasemble/remove LG monitor from its stand?

Hi,

i know this can be really really noobish question, but it irritates me so much at the moment, I'm going crazy. I'm trying to detach LG monitor (24MP55VQ) from its stand. The bottom part was a no-brainer, but the part (the neck) that you pluck directly to monitor is something else. 

The monitor has some kind of lock hole in its back side, there's nothing I can see in this hole to press, shift or anything that the neck should pop-out from monitor. 

So, based on the images I'm uploading, can someone please. please. please, tell me how to detach the stand from my monitor? And no, I have no clue what does the manual say here.

Also, I'm pretty sure it goes off, since the original box is too small to fit with the monitor with stand plugged in.

Seriously, please help me out o_O

August 08, 2015 at 1124PM.jpg

20150808_232333.jpg

20150808_232345.jpg

The small black U shaped cover around the mount should clip off exposing the screws to remove the mount from the screen.Maybe trying to pry it downwards will remove it.I think the hole is just for one of those Kensington wire lock devices like you can get for a laptop to secure it to the desk.

8e93b9a1018f25677b6b83913ebb01d7.png

Edited by Arachno 1D

I don't remember screwing anything when assembling the stand to the monitor in first place. I am not sure of your suggestion. 

Exactly Arachno, it says here in PDF manual for my model:

1. Pull out the Stand Body and Stand Base from the monitor set.
2. Turn the screw to the left.
3. Pull out the Stand Base.

... i'm putting so much force to it it will surely break before it comes out.

I finally managed to do it. I put the base back to the body. then i started to pull all together away from the monitor using really high darth vader force. 

eventually,.. it started slipping out. 

I can't believe it. -.-

@Daniel: At the end, I haven't broke anything. But it was really really snapped to the monitor. As if it was screwed on its position. 

@Arachno: Thank you Banana, Banana :D

Your welcome. the thing I hate about using so much force is the chances of damaging something as such stuff usually just breaks away at speed and if it doesnt damage the item theres a good chance of hitting your own face if its close enough

despicable-me-banana-o.gif

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I am returning this same monitor due to poor text quality and came across this forum.

There is actually a slot with a metal 'tongue" that you need to a push in to release a lock and the Stand Base comes out easily.  

• 2 months later...
On 08/04/2016 at 6:54 PM, MrTrentSD said:

I am returning this same monitor due to poor text quality and came across this forum.

There is actually a slot with a metal 'tongue" that you need to a push in to release a lock and the Stand Base comes out easily.  

what do you mean by this?

is it a bad purchase?

I just bought it and i find it satisfying... but im not a display expert

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to revive and old thread but I had the same issue and wanted to add the below comments and photo to clarify how to resolve.

OP @gregor briefly describes the solution in his last post - but I was a bit confused when I saw @ Jee-montreal  photos and had to read over the thread a couple times till I got it. Indeed I started hacking away also.

It looks like the plastic cover panel is meant to come off but as @Jee-montreal  photos show there seems no way to get it off cleanly.

• I placed the entire monitor including stand with the oval foot attached on the floor.
  • I placed my feet on the oval monitor foot and pulled the monitor upwards and the monitor popped cleanly off the stand.
  • You can’t remove the entire stand, a small stub at the base will remain attached to monitor, its obscured from view if mounted to the wall and folds neatly into it's recess

Hope it saves someone time in the future

lg.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Jason S. locked this topic