Sony: Paris Games Week press conference dated 27th October

• 1 month later...

Sadly no leaks or news as of yet, but I just really want and hope this gets a progress update

Since they skipped Gamescom I'm most excited about whatever they announce that I've heard nothing about.  I'm personally not looking forward to a recap of games I already know are coming, especially ones that aren't going to be out before Christmas.  I really hope there's a lot more to it than that.  My best PS4 related memory from E3 this year was Horizon Zero Dawn, specifically because I had no idea it was coming.

Aside from games news I'm also clinging to the irrational hope that they'll finally announce the long rumored PS2 emulator for the PS4. (possibly even PS1, PSP, and Vita support.)  Rumors have been circulating about this almost since launch but nothing official has been said (which likely means it's fake but hey, I said I was clinging to the irrational hope here... work with me).

• Like 1

Since they skipped Gamescom I'm most excited about whatever they announce that I've heard nothing about.  I'm personally not looking forward to a recap of games I already know are coming, especially ones that aren't going to be out before Christmas.  I really hope there's a lot more to it than that.  My best PS4 related memory from E3 this year was Horizon Zero Dawn, specifically because I had no idea it was coming.

Aside from games news I'm also clinging to the irrational hope that they'll finally announce the long rumored PS2 emulator for the PS4. (possibly even PS1, PSP, and Vita support.)  Rumors have been circulating about this almost since launch but nothing official has been said (which likely means it's fake but hey, I said I was clinging to the irrational hope here... work with me).

Shuhei said Sony Bend's title will be there (Siphon Filter creators).

You'll probably get a lot more info on Dreams, more stuff on that PSVR game from Geurilla Cambridge, and update from Quantic, more info on Alienation, maybe an update on DriveClub with PSVR, and maybe the return of Agent as a PS4 title (what, I can't have some irrational hopes too?)

I don't think VR lends itself to stage presentations.  You really need to experience it so I'm sure it will be there for attendees to play with but I don't think they'll say much about it during the presentation.  Since it's not coming out before Christmas there really isn't even a point in mentioning price or anything yet.  They just need to get as many people as possible to have actual hands-on time with it.

Oh yeah and for another irrational hope how about a pre-Christmas launch date for No Man's Sky?

Pre-show starts at 15 to, so just under half an hour

Looks like GT7 will be announced

CSVh1YjWEAAhvIr.jpg

No Man's Sky release is June 2016... jeeze that's a huge disappointment.

This entire show was and looking at the audience's lukewarm reactions, I'm not the only one thinking so.

Still no regrets having sold my PS4. The greatness will never come apparently.

No Man's Sky release is June 2016... jeeze that's a huge disappointment.

A little given that there were rumours of this year. Confirmed again PS4 exclusive outside of PC.

Conference overall was a bit meh, lot of E3 retreads. Feels like a stopgap before PSX in December. However things like Dreams, WiLD and Detroit (glad cage went with Kara) are the reason I prefer gaming on PS. I'm far from a dudebro. GT Sport has been left confusing as to whether they're dropping the numbering or it's itself a stopgap between GT6 and GT7. Driveclubs bikes while leaked is a cool announcement for something released straight away.

Anyway my two favourite things of the show (the next Minecraft rip off looked pretty decent as well)

Edited by Audioboxer

A little given that there were rumours of this year. Confirmed again PS4 exclusive outside of PC.

Conference overall was a bit meh, lot of E3 retreads. Feels like a stopgap before PSX in December. However things like Dreams, WiLD and Detroit (glad cage went with Kara) are the reason I prefer gaming on PS. I'm far from a dudebro. GT Sport has been left confusing as to whether they're dropping the numbering or it's itself a stopgap between GT6 and GT7. Driveclubs bikes while leaked is a cool announcement for something released straight away.

I guess I just had unrealistic expectations.  With them skipping Gamescom I thought there were going to be a bunch of big announcements at this one.  As you said much of the show was just retreads from E3.  Gravity Rush 2 was announced at Tokyo.  There were some new PlayStation.VR titles but I don't really care much about specific software titles until they're ready to announce pricing and availability for the hardware.  They could make the coolest game ever for the thing but if it costs $400+ for just the headset I'm out.

I'm not as jaded as President Devil, I've got a lot of great games already and I'm looking forward to Horizon: Zero Dawn, No Man's Sky, and even PlayStation.VR (depending on pricing) so the future is bright in general.  I'm just disappointed in this particular press conference.  I absolutely do not regret getting a PS4.  Heck I'm looking forward to picking up my Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition from GameStop on the way home and playing some couch coop with the girlfriend tonight.  I just don't get experiences like that from my gaming PC.

• Like 1

I guess I just had unrealistic expectations.  With them skipping Gamescom I thought there were going to be a bunch of big announcements at this one.  As you said much of the show was just retreads from E3.  Gravity Rush 2 was announced at Tokyo.  There were some new PlayStation.VR titles but I don't really care much about specific software titles until they're ready to announce pricing and availability for the hardware.  They could make the coolest game ever for the thing but if it costs $400+ for just the headset I'm out.

I'm not as jaded as President Devil, I've got a lot of great games already and I'm looking forward to Horizon: Zero Dawn, No Man's Sky, and even PlayStation.VR (depending on pricing) so the future is bright in general.  I'm just disappointed in this particular press conference.  I absolutely do not regret getting a PS4.  Heck I'm looking forward to picking up my Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition from GameStop on the way home and playing some couch coop with the girlfriend tonight.  I just don't get experiences like that from my gaming PC.

I guess if something like Crash Bandicoot is coming back it'll be at PSX. I believe that is when you'll see PSVR pricing. One missing title was Sony Bends title even Shu was hinting at. Chalk another up for PSX I guess.

Gamescom has always been about quirky stuff and indies, so I don't think there was much else to expect from Paris. The biggest thing I was looking forward to was David Cage's next game, and I'm glad he went with Kara. The conference could have been 60 minutes easily though, 90 minutes did not help.

Nothing will impress PD, like it's actually impossible. If you follow his posts around the GH I don't think I've ever seen him say one good thing about consoles in general, ever. It's always something along the lines of underpowered or how the PC is better, so if you're a console gamer looking for feedback on console stuff I wouldn't really take it from him/her.

• Like 2

I'm pretty happy with the announcements, but I wasn't very hyped with the show to begin with and not everything can be E3 levels of excitment. I expect PSX to bigger for them.

Anyway my two favourite things of the show (the next Minecraft rip off looked pretty decent as well)

Turns out that next Minecraft rip off is a rename for a game that's been out on Steam early access for a year already.  The name on Steam is Oort Online and it has mixed reviews.