Best photo or picture viewer

Question

For viewing? I use my old copy of JASC Paint Shop Pro 7. At this point, it is so light that it takes almost nothing to run, and you can do some advanced editing functions and filters (including vectors, good text editing, layers, etc).

I have been using ACDSee forever now it seems. Of course its is not that cheap but for me it is worth the investment.

On 2015-08-22 at 8:13 AM, Danielx64 said:

Windows picture viewer (the windows seven style one) or zoner photo studio. If you keep an eye out you can get it for free. Hit me up if you want the link (cnet is giving it away for free).

Windows picture/photo viewer is awful. Can't believe people recommend that. I mean yeah it opens image files and let you view them. But that's about it. If you want to browse thru your photos and manage them it's totally 100% awful.

On 2016-10-17 at 5:43 PM, techbeck said:

If you are just wanting to view a single photo real quick, then a the default photo viewer is just fine. 

IE or Firefox are just fine for that too BTW. Can open image files. Can zoom. Can go full screen. Open image files quickly from local disk. Can't rotate, navigate or slideshow but that's about it.

Since he is asking for a photo viewer i think he wants more than just open an image file here and there. As a photo viewer i'm sorry the default WPV *****. There's absolutely no denying that. As an occasional image file viewer it's okay but it's not what he is asking,

Personally i'm using XnView. I wish the interface would not be so 90ies but it works well and has some advanced features to manage lot of photos. Heard Faststone is better but never tried it. I probably will one day when i'll have the time lol

Edited by LaP