Diablo 3 - renewed interest

I played D3 actively when it was released on PC and really liked it. I've had it installed on my XB1 for some time but only just last week tried it on the console. I really am blown away at how awesome the game is to play on a console and with super fluid frame rates. I've really gotten addicted to it and am running rift groups for many hours at a time.

Anyone else still playing it and love how it feels on the console? Also, is there any news of a new expansion? I tried Googling it but couldn't find much other than some references to a job posting possibly meaning an expansion in the works.

I played D3 actively when it was released on PC and really liked it. I've had it installed on my XB1 for some time but only just last week tried it on the console. I really am blown away at how awesome the game is to play on a console and with super fluid frame rates. I've really gotten addicted to it and am running rift groups for many hours at a time.

Anyone else still playing it and love how it feels on the console? Also, is there any news of a new expansion? I tried Googling it but couldn't find much other than some references to a job posting possibly meaning an expansion in the works.

Hm.

So you really think its worth it on the console if you played through most of it on PC?

Hm.

So you really think its worth it on the console if you played through most of it on PC?

D3 isn't the type of game you just 'play through'.

There will be another expansion eventually. 

The game has changed leaps and bounds since its release. Its actually much, much, much better NOW. So if you enjoyed it then, you'll love it now.

D3 isn't the type of game you just 'play through'.

There will be another expansion eventually. 

The game has changed leaps and bounds since its release. Its actually much, much, much better NOW. So if you enjoyed it then, you'll love it now.

I played through all the levels of torment and leveled several characters. I'd say there wasn't much left for me except more of the same and grinding.  I didn't bother much with legendary gems.

Thats why I was wondering if its really worth picking up on console, and if its that much different.

I saw your post on the Mini Spy and while I have the PS4 version the sentiment is the same.  It's still my gf and my go-to game for "couch" co-op and nothing beats having another couple come over and having some drinks and 4 player Diablo III coop. (at least until Rock Band 4 comes out).

I haven't heard about a new expansion but patch 2.3.0 was just released today which I believe is coming to console as well.

Hm.

If you want to play local "couch" coop with someone then ABSOLUTELY!!!  If however you're just going to play it mainly single player or online multiplayer then probably not... stick with the PC version.  That's my $0.02.

• Like 2

I played through all the levels of torment and leveled several characters. I'd say there wasn't much left for me except more of the same and grinding.  I didn't bother much with legendary gems.

Thats why I was wondering if its really worth picking up on console, and if its that much different.

Grinding is the entire game.

Grinding is the entire game.

Yes?

When you've pretty much grinded (ground?) the whole thing, its pretty much been finished. You can do more of the same, or...more of the same. ;)

I was mostly curious if the console made it more fun. It being, the grind.

Yes?

When you've pretty much grinded (ground?) the whole thing, its pretty much been finished. You can do more of the same, or...more of the same. ;)

No no, its never finished. Theres always better gear.

No no, its never finished. Theres always better gear.

If you say so.  Its just an RNG.  I was talking content, and I don't see RNG as content.  To each their own of course.

If you say so.  Its just an RNG.  I was talking content, and I don't see RNG as content.  To each their own of course.

I'm in the same boat as you.  I don't play the game online at all (one of the reasons I got the console version... battle.net is optional).  I ONLY play the game with other people in the same room but for that purpose it's a blast, totally worth the $60 I paid for it and since it's been out a while you can probably get the console version cheaper now.  My gf and I are on our third play through of the story (I did Demon Hunter, Crusader, and now Wizard) because we only play when we both have time.  We tried adventure mode and such after the first play through but neither of us found much fun in the rifts or going to the same maps in random order and just grinding for gear.  So we'll likely just keep doing story mode with different classes until we've covered them all and since it's taken us this long to be on the third play through (we got the game at it's console launch) that could be quite a while.

I'm in the same boat as you.  I don't play the game online at all (one of the reasons I got the console version... battle.net is optional).  I ONLY play the game with other people in the same room but for that purpose it's a blast, totally worth the $60 I paid for it and since it's been out a while you can probably get the console version cheaper now.  My gf and I are on our third play through of the story (I did Demon Hunter, Crusader, and now Wizard) because we only play when we both have time.  We tried adventure mode and such after the first play through but neither of us found much fun in the rifts or going to the same maps in random order and just grinding for gear.  So we'll likely just keep doing story mode with different classes until we've covered them all and since it's taken us this long to be on the third play through (we got the game at it's console launch) that could be quite a while.

Oh man, I totally forgot my wife has the game too!  Maybe I can get her to play again.

Hm.

Absolutely. To me it feels almost like an entirely different game on a big screen with a game pad instead of a small screen with mouse. The framerate is so fluid and the effects look great. Surround sound is epic too. Even though I had several 70's on the PC version, I had even more fun levelling new characters on the console.

On a side note, I was playing some rifts last night and was paragon level 60 or so. I got grouped with this guy who was paragon 3,500 or so. We went to a greater rift and it must have been on his difficulty because anything that just looked at me killed me instantly. The funny part though was that I started dinging a new paragon level literally every second. By the time the guy left, I went from paragon 60 to 450 in about an hour.

Also, has anyone tried PvP? I see a NPC that lets me go to a training ground, which is nothing but a blank map. Is there in fact some way to do PvP?

I haven't played D3 in a while but I plan to play again with my new pc once Season 4 starts this weekend. Typically I don't bother with seasons but it's been so long since I last played I figured I might as well start over. I'm pretty hyped for it to be honest. :woot:

Maybe if there are others on the pc playing the new season we can get some groups going. 

Edit: Just realized this the xbox section. Why isn't it in the official topic?

How do you get to the new zone that the patch notes mention? My only options are the original acts and then bounties and rifts.

How do you get to the new zone that the patch notes mention? My only options are the original acts and then bounties and rifts.

I believe it's in Act 3 in Bounties.. upper right corner waypoint.

D3 really was an amazing console conversion. The amount of carnage and destruction any class can dispense makes the game perpetually fun. Anyone else get the Nagelring that spawns the lunatics every 11 seconds?

Also, has anyone tried PvP? I see a NPC that lets me go to a training ground, which is nothing but a blank map. Is there in fact some way to do PvP?

I only do local coop but that's the PVP we do.  I imagine it works the same if you have an online team.  You go to that blank map and you can kill each other.  You respawn when you die and you quit by going through the rift.  It's pretty straightforward and from time to time my gf and I will head there just to duke it out and compare our builds.

• 4 weeks later...

So, what do you guys think of seasonal characters? I hadn't played in quite some time so I don't really know what the appeal is. From my understanding, you play the character until the season is over then it is wiped out and you start over. I get that players get to a point where no drops or any content really matter to their 10,000 paragon characters. However, what is the appeal to rolling a new character other than just leveling again?

Also, off topic are there any rumors about any new expansion with new class(es) and possibly increased level cap?