Windows 10 problems. Help required!

Hi all. I upgraded to windows 10 on release day and I've found it very buggy so far. I was hoping it was going to be patched after a few weeks but I still have issues. Has anyone had any of the following? 

My laptop screen will not power up from sleep. They keyboard lights up and the hard drive is active. Moving the mouse or pressing keys does not turn on the screen. I have to do a hard reset every time.

Sometimes when I power on the laptop as soon as it gets to the login page the screen goes funny. It only happens once in a while at login only. If I log in the screen stays funny but if I do a hard reset everything goes back to normal. See picture below: 

image1.thumb.jpeg.8d6052b666a7bdccc8403e

I am having cracking on the speakers when playing videos. This never happened before on windows 7 but happens through the laptop speakers and occasionally through HDMI output. Its really annoying.

The laptop I am having these problems on is a Dell XPS 17 L702x.

Thanks,

James

Drivers, drivers, and drivers. That's the thing with laptops. You're going to need compatible Windows 8/8.1 drivers or ones made for Windows 10. Dell's website says that your laptop hasn't been tested for Windows 10. When I checked for driver updates, it only showed Windows 7 and 8. I didn't see any drivers for Windows 8.1 and if they didn't support that OS, then it's unlikely they'll support Windows 10.

I think your best bet would be to try a clean install and install the latest Windows 8 drivers. If that doesn't work, then your laptop simply isn't compatible with Windows 10.

I've had several other problems as a result of upgrading to Windows 10.

#1 is that "Heroes of Might and Magic II" won't run.  When attempted I get a blank screen and can only reset by logging out.

#2 I just encountered today.  I wanted to update some other software, so I logged in as administrator.  The system then decided, for no valid reason at all, to log me in using a temporary profile.

Why do Microsoft's so-called upgrades always make things WORSE?

I have lot of problems too. I think about downgrading to windows 8.1. I give it a month. So far here's a list of my problems (i had none of those problems under 8.1 couple of weeks ago) :

Dragon Age Origins doesn't launch (i tried everything, repaired, re-downloaded, re-installed the game, origin, the gpu drivers and visual c++ redist).

WoW doesn't launch. Tried everything there too. The only thing i did not try is re-download it.

Heroes of the Storm lags so much it's unplayable.

I got tearing in Dishonored even with vsync turned on.

My USB ports work 20-25% of the time. The other 75-80% of the time i get an error in windows logs that the USB device is not recognized or something like that.

My monitor turns off for no reason. The power saving feature is supposed to turn it off after 20 minutes but not while i'm in the middle of playing games ... I can manually turn it back on but still it *****.

So far for me Windows 10 is a mess like Vista and 8 were at launch.