The US and the 9 harbingers(judgements) end of the US?

This ridiculous thread needs to be closed, it's a sham and is being used by the OP to seek attention.   He has posted rambling, nonsensical statements that Christians I know would find ludicrous.

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness unto him; neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. - 1 COR 2:14 so if you're not saved, the Holy Spirit isn't in you and you don't nor can't understand these things I'm teaching. But this was written about 2000 years ago or less and yet, it still holds true to this day.

So you absolutely proved the bible correct. The Holy Spirit shows the truth yet again. I've said nothing evil of anyone ,nor have I been rude but caring yet, I'm inundated with vitriol. This has nothing to do with me. If this thread gets closed its because folks like yourselves can't be adults and hold a meaningful conversation on this subject, not to mention those people receiving warnings.

In the case of the bible, human psychology proves that lies are cast aside as trash but when the truth comes out, anger and hatred are increased. That's the battle between Satan and GOD. Satan wants to keep people from believing and is quite successful.

In closing, this thread isn't about me, its about GOD, Jesus and the Holy Spirit and my attempt to hopefully win someone to Jesus. it may or may not happen. Please DO NOT try to verbally attempt to insinuate that I'm making this about me. It's not.

Isaiah 55:11 so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

So according to the Isaiah 55:11 context, his word will justify you, should you become a believer or judge you under GOD's condemnation and anger.

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness unto him; neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. - 1 COR 2:14 so if you're not saved, the Holy Spirit isn't in you and you don't nor can't understand these things I'm teaching. But this was written about 2000 years ago or less and yet, it still holds true to this day.

So you absolutely proved the bible correct. The Holy Spirit shows the truth yet again. I've said nothing evil of anyone ,nor have I been rude but caring yet, I'm inundated with vitriol. This has nothing to do with me. If this thread gets closed its because folks like yourselves can't be adults and hold a meaningful conversation on this subject, not to mention those people receiving warnings.

In the case of the bible, human psychology proves that lies are cast aside as trash but when the truth comes out, anger and hatred are increased. That's the battle between Satan and GOD. Satan wants to keep people from believing and is quite successful.

In closing, this thread isn't about me, its about GOD, Jesus and the Holy Spirit and my attempt to hopefully win someone to Jesus. it may or may not happen. Please DO NOT try to verbally attempt to insinuate that I'm making this about me. It's not.

Isaiah 55:11 so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

So according to the Isaiah 55:11 context, his word will justify you, should you become a believer or judge you under GOD's condemnation and anger.

But they didn't find Noahs arc, like you said....why should we believe anything else you say?

• Like 1

But they didn't find Noahs arc, like you said....why should we believe anything else you say?

don't believe me, Believe GOD.

I've said nothing evil of anyone ,nor have I been rude but caring yet, I'm inundated with vitriol. This has nothing to do with me. If this thread gets closed its because folks like yourselves can't be adults and hold a meaningful conversation on this subject, not to mention those people receiving warnings.

You have been anything but caring, chrisj1968, especially in regards to what you teach.

You should realize that teachers will receive a greater judgment (James 3:1).

As for your comments about the participants of the discussion not being mature enough to converse, you have outright ignored almost all of the legitimate questions or comments that have come your way; not only is this rude—contrary to your claim that you have not been rude—it is roughly equivalent to a child covering ears and speaking "I'm not listening!"

• Like 3

This is nonsense. You have been anything but caring, chrisj1968, especially in regards to what you teach.

You should realize that teachers will receive a greater judgment (James 3:1).

As for your comments about the participants of the discussion not being mature enough to converse, you have outright ignored almost all of the legitimate questions or comments that have come your way; not only is this rude—contrary to your claim that you have not been rude—it is roughly equivalent to a child covering ears and speaking "I'm not listening!"

I'm sorry you feel this way.  but the New Testament, the LORD says in HIS own words John 10:28-29

" 28 And I give to them 1aeternal life, and they shall by no means perish forever, and bno one shall csnatch them out of 1My hand.

29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all, and no one can asnatch them out of My 1Father's hand.

So Ian, if you believe in Jesus, take heart, once he has you, no one can take you from him. And Apostle Paul further gives us comfort in Romans 8:38-39 New International Version (NIV)

38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ian, this is not an attack at you. I have family who DO think you can and I want to dispel this faulty thinking.

I'm sorry you feel this way.  but the New Testament, the LORD says in HIS own words John 10:28-29

" 28 And I give to them 1aeternal life, and they shall by no means perish forever, and bno one shall csnatch them out of 1My hand.

29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all, and no one can asnatch them out of My 1Father's hand.

A typical response from you. You did not even address the verses that were cited in the post that you quoted.

• Like 2

A typical response from you. You did not even address the verses that were cited in the post that you quoted.

I did my friend. It was lost within the text sorry. check above again

29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all, and no one can asnatch them out of My 1Father's hand

Sorry Ian, do you mean address my explanation of these verses or the notation of what book, chapter and verses?

So you're admitting you're wrong?  Since you said they found the Arc and they certainly did not....

Well that's a great response. Pastors and laymen  Christians like myself are just messengers but trust in the message.. GOD's word. the power is in GOD's word not the messenger.

Archeology should NEVER be the sole source of proving the bible. It CAN be used however as a tool to verify the accuracy of GOD's word.

Well that's a great response. Pastors and laymen  Christians like myself are just messengers but trust in the message.. GOD's word. the power is in GOD's word not the messenger.

You said they found the Arc and they certainly did not....or is it God that said they found Noahs arc?

I did my friend. It was lost within the text sorry. check above again

29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all, and no one can asnatch them out of My 1Father's hand

Sorry Ian, do you mean address my explanation of these verses or the notation of what book, chapter and verses?

Thank you for wanting to clarify your meaning but . . . what I meant was that you did not address verses such as Hebrews 10:26-29.

John 10:28-29 must be interpreted in light of other scripture.

Edit: I see you've edited the first post since then. I will
wait until there is a another one.

Edited by Ian W

Thank you for wanting to clarify your meaning but . . . what I meant was that you did not address verses such as Hebrews 10:26-29.
John 10:28-29 must be interpreted in light of other scripture.

ok, gotcha! Verse 26 says that if we keep sinning, there is no sacrifice left because Jesus paid the price and that his resurrection was proof that GOD had accepted Jesus's death as payment in full. 27 is talking about the unsaved and what they have to expect. 28 this verses says that if someone rejected the law of moses (received from GOD) were to be put to death with the witness of two or three witnesses. and finally 29 talks about how severe can we expect people who have denied the gospel of truth, Jesus's sacrifice when they utterly deny his word, trample it under foot(disrespect it and treat it as unholy and with contempt?) , the holy convenant of Jesus's blood (Since Jesus stated his blood IS the new covenant) and someone who insults the spirit of Grace..

so someone who doesn't believe and totally and utterly disrespects GOD's word, is under a terrible punishment for mistreating GOD's word. if you don't believe, we should atleast give it due respect.

But it's not there so god is wrong.  And you said they found it, which they didn't, so you're also wrong.  So both the messenger and gods word are wrong...

And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat. -Genesis 8:4 There it is... modern day turkey near Armenia.

And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat. There it is... modern day turkey near Armenia.

But it's not there so god is wrong.  And you said they found it, which they didn't, so you're also wrong.  So both the messenger and gods word are wrong...

And you STILL haven't answered what many of us have asked, when you said that they found the arc when they certainly didn't....

• Like 2

And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat. -Genesis 8:4 There it is... modern day turkey near Armenia.

You still don't want to address anything I said regarding this. Keep skipping over the info, thats fine but its obvious you were wrong. I already know you will just quote another verse, rather than answering the question. But that is how you handle things obviously. I have given you sources with actual facts and science to back up the claims that no one has found the ark, you cant even give us any evidence that something was ACTUALLY found. You're theory has been disproved by those that even believe in the same faith/follow the same faith. 

Claim: Metal detector surveys found a regular pattern of 'hot spots' which could be joined to reveal a regular pattern of 'lines' lengthwise and across the inside of the formation only.
Reality: A standard beach combing type metal detector (the type with a disc-shaped detector head on the end of a long pole) indeed found 'hot spots,' but these were randomly distributed and not in a regular pattern along lines.
Claim: Metal detecting surveys using a 'molecular frequency generator/discriminator' mapped out these 'iron lines,' which represent longitudinal and cross beams containing iron nails and /or brackets.
Reality: Qualified scientists have been independently consulted about this gadget, which is generally advertised in treasure-hunting magazines, not scientific journals. They are unanimous that there are no scientific principles employed.
Claim: The pattern of 'iron lines' that was located by the metal detecting surveys and marked out by plastic tape was duplicated and verified by other subsurface techniques including ground penetrating, or subsurface interface, radar surveys.
Reality: This claim is utterly false, yet it has been persistently used to give credence to diagrams purporting to show the internal structure of a boat, namely Noah's Ark.
Claim: In the walls that define the outline of the boat-shape is evidence of a former ship's ribs, presumably the timbers that formed part of the original keel structure/hull.
Reality: These walls are simply hardened mud, containing boulders of the various local rock types. They contain no petrified wood holding in the mud in any way reminiscent of the outer planking of a wooden hulled vessel.
Claim: There are trainloads and boatloads of petrified wood out there and it is all in the boat structure.
Reality: No trained scientist of the many who have visited the site has ever seen any sign of these 'trainloads' of petrified wood. Geologist Dr. Bayraktutan has collected one or two small fragments of semi-petrified wood which in his opinion have flowed on to the site within the mud from elsewhere. He confirms that none of the regular rock types of the site are petrified wood.
Claim: Soil samples from the site indicate the residue of a decayed wooden vessel with sophisticated metals used for bracing
Reality: It is true that the samples contained iron, aluminum, titanium and carbon, but such elements are always to be found in soils.
Claim: Some pitch has been found (pitch was used to cover the inside and outside of the Ark's wooden structure) at the site.
Reality: No sample containing pitch has been openly produced and submitted for proper scientific analyses.
Claim: A rusted metal bracket and other fittings and metal artifacts, including a 'petrified rivet' and 'washer structures,' have all been located 'on the site.'
Reality: Results do not show any evidence of exotic metallurgy.
Claim: Rocks found within the formation have a high manganese content and an appearance that suggests that they were probably 'tailings'/'slag' from metal smelting/refining production by Noah and family.
Reality: No microscope thin section has been produced to show whether the samples collected and claimed to be slag do in fact have the internal texture and mineral composition of a true slag.
Claim: Positively identified animal coprolite (fossilized animal dung), animal hair, and 'animal antlers' are all reported from the site and are thus further confirmation that this site contains the remains of Noah's Ark.
Reality: The finding of such animal residues in association with the site is hardly surprising when one considers that animals are likely to have roamed across these Turkish hillsides for thousands of years.

However, geologists from Andrew A. Snelling of Answers in Genesis to Lorence G. Collins of California State University Northridge's Department of Geological Sciences have debunked the notion of Durupinar site as containing anything more than a completely natural geologic rock formation. The former, particularly, has published a point-by-point refutation of numerous claims made about the site, summarized briefly as follows:

In conclusion, Dr. Snelling noted that:
Geological mapping indicates that there is a fault right along the western edge of the boat-shape and other faults in the valley floor. It is thus significant that this boat-shape first came into view as a result of an earthquake in 1948, and then its relief compared to the surrounding terrain was enhanced as a result of a further earthquake in 1978.

This clearly implies that the earthquakes caused ground movements in this area which pushed up this block of basement rock and some of the mudflow material draped over it. Some of this movement occurred along the fault down the western margin of the boatshape, thus giving the almost near-vertical 'walls' which now define so graphically that portion of the outline of the boat-shape. Thus the ‘walls’ at this point are really what are known in geological terminology as fault scarps (that is, cliffs caused by earth movements along faults)

We need to always exercise due care when claims are made, no matter who makes them, and any claims must always be subjected to the most rigorous scientific scrutiny. If that had happened here, and particularly if the scientific surveys conducted by highly qualified professionals using sophisticated instruments had been more widely publicized and their results taken note of, then these claims would never have received the widespread credence that they have.

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/religion/noahsark.asp#XXjHAkEHIG5pUbDi.99 

Sources:
Collins, Lorence G.   "Bogus 'Noah's Ark' from Turkey Exposed as a Common Geologic Structure."
Journal of Geosciences Education.   V. 44, 1996   (pp. 439-444).

Snelling, Andrew.   "Special Report: Amazing 'Ark' Exposé."
Creation.   September 1992   (pp. 26–38).

Just because some blog or user posts something online, doesn't mean it is true. You still cant give me evidence, but tell me to go search for it. You've yet to give me proof, or anyone in this thread, but claimed to have proof. So where is it? I want proof that the Ark was found, actual proof. Not a yahoo.com answer or some blog, I want some sort of evidence which I KNOW you cannot provide. The researchers themselves said its not 100% that it is the Ark, they THINK it might be, which has been proven false many times already.

Edited by Circaflex

You still don't want to address anything I said regarding this. Keep skipping over the info, thats fine but its obvious you were wrong. I already know you will just quote another verse, rather than answering the question. But that is how you handle things obviously.

to some degree, it seems as though you have your mind set against what I have said and what the bible has stated. I just don't have the strength to get into needless debates. I'm under the impression you don't believe and I respect that. But science was given to us FROM GOD so you can't use something GOD gave us to try and disprove his existence. But what do YOU think about the Qumran scrolls that show that what the gospels say is true? I submit this to you for review. http://www.livescience.com/7137-noah-ark-discovered.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH2IcZbVK2g a documentary on the sheer size but GOD presents himself as.. here I am, do you believe in me or don't you? (in the greater point of view)

Or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wst_EXjfl8

Edited by chrisj1968

to some degree, it seems as though you have your mind set against what I have said and what the bible has stated. I just don't have the strength to get into needless debates. I'm under the impression you don't believe and I respect that. But science was given to us FROM GOD so you can't use something GOD gave us to try and disprove his existence. But what do YOU think about the Qumran scrolls that show that what the gospels say is true? I submit this to you for review. http://www.livescience.com/7137-noah-ark-discovered.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH2IcZbVK2g a documentary on the sheer size but GOD presents himself as.. here I am, do you believe in me or don't you? (in the greater point of view)

Or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wst_EXjfl8

So they haven't found the Arc because it doesn't exist, just like god?  Gotcha...

• Like 2

ok, gotcha! Verse 26 says that if we keep sinning, there is no sacrifice left because Jesus paid the price and that his resurrection was proof that GOD had accepted Jesus's death as payment in full. 27 is talking about the unsaved and what they have to expect. 28 this verses says that if someone rejected the law of moses (received from GOD) were to be put to death with the witness of two or three witnesses. and finally 29 talks about how severe can we expect people who have denied the gospel of truth, Jesus's sacrifice when they utterly deny his word, trample it under foot(disrespect it and treat it as unholy and with contempt?) , the holy convenant of Jesus's blood (Since Jesus stated his blood IS the new covenant) and someone who insults the spirit of Grace..

so someone who doesn't believe and totally and utterly disrespects GOD's word, is under a terrible punishment for mistreating GOD's word. if you don't believe, we should atleast give it due respect.

But would you not agree that this interpretation makes no sense in light of the author's audience and the surrounding context? The author is included in the warning starting in verse 26 (hence "we")—the author is certainly not an unbeliever. Verse 29 describes a person who has, among other things, "considered the blood of the covenant that sanctified him a common [some verses rend 'unclean'] thing;" only believers are sanctified in this manner (Hebrews 2:11).

Disclaimer - i didnt read any of this past the first post b/c i already stumbled on the topic on Youtube a couple weeks ago.

I was in Las Vegas in late August and i saw this group of religious fanatics holding signs and passing out pamphlets regarding the End Times that would occur on 9/8/15. I dont know what it was about; i didnt need to read their pamphlet. Obviously whatever they believed didnt happen. we're still here.

Every year there's some group that believes the earth is going to end or some global event is going to happen. IT NEVER HAPPENS.

Remember that religious group in the US that believed the apocalypse was going to happen in 2013? that didnt happen either. Remember those groups that were convinced that the Mayans were correct and 2012 was the end? that didnt happen.

these dont happen b/c there's no proof or real reason for these to happen. Everything about this Shemitah is just the same nonsense that any other group spews year-after-year. Wasnt the Shemitah supposed to be on 9/15/15? Well it's the 18th and we're still here.

It amazes me that the OP is a biblical scholar (or whatever) but chooses to still believe it's true. It's a collection of stories written by various unrelated people over several hundred years. It's been translated, mistranslated and construed over each generation to fit anyone's meaning. People take vague proverbs and find meaning in life somewhere. If you were truly studying the bible and religion then you'd already be able to see through all of this and know that Christianity is nothing but a compilation of stories even older than Christianity. Every symbol and person is a re-hash of a prior generation or religion. all of it.

• Like 4

I and a lot of others were thinking that this could have been the year. but have you noticed they disappear? I don't I have stated that GOD is sovereign, in that, while I may THINK this is the year, He may hold off if he knows there are more people who will accept Christ.  http://biblehub.com/2_peter/3-9.htm

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

SO quite possibly GOD is waiting to let more come to Christ.

GOD's word, Jesus gives many indicators of his near rapture or return. Signs in the heavens, alignment of nations against Israel, the 4 blood moons that fall EXACTLY on the feast days, during a shemitah year hasn't happened in 2,000 years approx. So what we say with the nations, Iran, Russia, the US, Europe we saw something very likely to happen. Elul 29, in the past 6 shemitah years has seen the stock market collapse tremendously. its a day that finances are reset, debts are cleared ( where we got bankruptcy law) every 7th year on a shemitah year. Now my thinking is, since rosh Hashanah (Yom Teruah), also known as natsal (rapture in Hebrew) could happen any year. But I know everything in regards to Israel happens in 7 year cycles. So the 70th week of Daniel has to happen during the beginning a new shemitah cycle. Now the jews are in a jubilee year from what I have heard. I'm not jewish, but everything takes on a bigger picture looking at this from a jewish perspective. But I have stated many times in this thread that, GOD is sovereign and can do as he chooses. if not this year, maybe next or so on. But he has a reason for it. But as some of you ask, where is the promise of his coming.. check this out: 2 Peter 3:4 They will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.” so here we are doing exactly what this scripture said a couple thousand years before we were born... it's amazing.

But good to see you Jason!

You know, I really think that the only reason religious people refuse to accept the overwhelming proof in front of them is because its too difficult to admit that you've wasted untold amounts of time and energy on the greatest fairytale ever told.

Just imagine what could have been done otherwise.

You know, I really think that the only reason religious people refuse to accept the overwhelming proof in front of them is because its too difficult to admit that you've wasted untold amounts of time and energy on the greatest fairytale ever told.

Just imagine what could have been done otherwise.

there's too much archeological proof that the Bible is truth. http://realtruth.org/articles/438-avtb.html