The US and the 9 harbingers(judgements) end of the US?

GOD allowed for sin for a time. Romans 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. So eventually HaShem did give the jews the law which therefore meant that no longer was HaShem allowing for sin to go unchecked. you might be thinking, that was the jews. But the plan HaShem had was for the jews to receive salvation through the Messiah and then take the gospel to the gentiles. however, the jews did NOT believe in Jesus, the Messiah and he took the gospel to the gentiles. So the LORD sent the gospel unto the gentiles https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+28%3A27-29&version=KJV 

HaShem if a generation ignores or denies him, he will skip over that generation and go to the next, which is why the jews wandered 40 years into the wilderness until that lost generation passed for the new to take charge. So in this case HaShem went further and brought the gospel directly to the gentiles. HaShem will graft a generation of Jews back into the vine with christians https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+11%3A17-20&version=KJV and Christians are supposed to not get arrogant in thinking the jews are done. some churches teach replacement theology but HaShem will graft the jews back into the vine with his church(Christians) as one family under HaShem

If he brought it directly to the gentiles...why is it written by men?!?!?!?!

All i can say is I tried. I am not forcing you to do anything. I understand if you leave this thread. :)

Well...instead of spouting off some nonsense (which really have no bearing on your OP)... you could try to answer some of the questions.  Such as... why you think the the terrorists were direct descendants of the Assyrians?

Well...instead of spouting off some nonsense (which really have no bearing on your OP)... you could try to answer some of the questions.  Such as... why you think the the terrorists were direct descendants of the Assyrians?

because assyrians were the terrorists used by HaShem to destroy the evil northern Israel kingdom during the divided monarchy. Jews kept good records and it is recorded as such.

Edited by chrisj1968

If he brought it directly to the gentiles...why is it written by men?!?!?!?!

HaShem chose to use who he wanted. He doesn't have use use believers but he wants to. the ones who wrote the NT, were witnesses of Jesus the Messiah firsthand directly. who else better to use than witnesses? HaShem called Apostle Paul to be the apsotle to the gentiles. he wrote some 3/4 of the entire New Testament. That's part of the great commission from Jesus https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 28:16-20 

because assyrians were the terrorists used by HaShem to destroy the evil northern Israel kingdom during the divided monarchy

What a vague cope out.  Where is the direct connection?  The terrorist were Muslims, Arabs and followed Islam.  Assyrians are none of these nor are their descendents.  You are saying that it is God's will that terrorist killed 3K on 9/11?  

What is your counterpoint in that the Freedom Tower is not built in the exact same spot as WTC1 or WTC2.  Why do you not acknowledge that the Harbingers is a work of fiction/suspense.  Why the stock market drop of 2011 (and subsequent reduction of America's credit rating from AAA to AA+) do not correspond to the 7 year cycle.

You keep avoiding the questions.

What a vague cope out.  Where is the direct connection?  The terrorist were Muslims, Arabs and followed Islam.  Assyrians are none of these nor are their descendents.  You are saying that it is God's will that terrorist killed 3K on 9/11?  

What is your counterpoint in that the Freedom Tower is not built in the exact same spot as WTC1 or WTC2.  Why do you not acknowledge that the Harbingers is a work of fiction/suspense.  Why the stock market drop of 2011 (and subsequent reduction of America's credit rating from AAA to AA+) do not correspond to the 7 year cycle.

You keep avoiding the questions.

but islam didn't exist back then either. it didn't exist until somewhere between 900-1400AD

as for the harbingers, its an act of faith. not all will believe. I do. its a choice of free will. either you do or you don't. If I can reach one person, plant the seed of belief then I've done a good thing. But no one is forcing anything on anyone here. I'm just trying to teach others what I've spent years learning. I have to go, taking the family out for dinner and the minions movie.

HaShem chose to use who he wanted. He doesn't have use use believers but he wants to. the ones who wrote the NT, were witnesses of Jesus the Messiah firsthand directly. who else better to use than witnesses? HaShem called Apostle Paul to be the apsotle to the gentiles. he wrote some 3/4 of the entire New Testament. That's part of the great commission from Jesus https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 28:16-20 

You completely ignore my post and have the gall to post this? The Bible was not written by the people the books clam wrote them, there's proof out there, you should look at it since you claim to be a theology student this should have been one of the first courses taken, Want to know how I know this? Mom is finishing her Masters in theology and we've had many interesting conversations about it and how too many choose to believe a series of lies knowing full well they are lies 

Bearing in mind that the US isn't the only country on the planet, it should be safe to assume that these 9 harbingers have been bestowed on other nations through history. With some research it should be easy for you to find at least three examples over the last 2000 or so years to prove the point.

Unless you're saying that the bible, the word of God, was written 2000+ years ago to predict events in the country you live in (which is only a few hundred years old) in the very time that you're living in it.

but islam didn't exist back then either. it didn't exist until somewhere between 900-1400AD

Point is...the Assyrians are Christians...their descendents are Christians...their ethnicity is Assyrian.  

You said "Assyrians attacked Israel in a limited attack to get Israels attention! 911 was committed by descendants of these Assyrians on the US."

Where is the proof that descendants of the Assyrians carried out the attack?  Assyrians never became Muslim...in fact they endured much hardship throughout their history as a result of religious and ethnic persecution.  Saying "because assyrians were the terrorists used by HaShem to destroy the evil northern Israel kingdom during the divided monarchy" isn't proof that the 9/11 terrorists were direct descendants. 

Funny how you avoided the other questions.  No answers to them?  Come back to us with some real answers.

Bearing in mind that the US isn't the only country on the planet, it should be safe to assume that these 9 harbingers have been bestowed on other nations through history. With some research it should be easy for you to find at least three examples over the last 2000 or so years to prove the point.

Unless you're saying that the bible, the word of God, was written 2000+ years ago to predict events in the country you live in (which is only a few hundred years old) in the very time that you're living in it.

There are people out there that actually believe that, they are mostly insane, but they exist 

didn't mean to miss your question. First Adam and Eve had 2 sons, cain and abel. Abel offered his first and best lamb as a sacrifice to HaShem whereas Cain cain offered an offering of vegetables. it wasn't even the best of his crop but of the land and HaShem found favor of Abels scarifice. Cain gets jealous, kills abel then Eve has another son, Seth. Cain and his offspring were cursed but HaShem warned about harming Cain and put a mark on him for protection.

so as cains offspring expand and multiply, they become more evil and eventually intermingle with Seths offspring and then we end up with HaShem destroying man and his creation in Genesis 6. the only one who honored HaShem, lived a GOD filled life, was Noah from the line of Seth.. and we know what happened with the flood, Noah and his sons and their wives being spared, the FIRST act of salvation recoded in the bible. I can get deeper into that but, that would be a tremendous undertaking.

So... Adam and Eve had three sons, Cain, Abel and Seth..... no daughters? so who gave birth to their offspring and expanded and multiplied?  It's a very basic question and an understanding of biology and procreation.  If you say that god made their offspring out of their ribs then at what point does he stop and then at what point does the human species actually begin (as in a species that expands by procreation).

So... Adam and Eve had three sons, Cain, Abel and Seth..... no daughters? so who gave birth to their offspring and expanded and multiplied?  It's a very basic question and an understanding of biology and procreation.  If you say that god made their offspring out of their ribs then at what point does he stop and then at what point does the human species actually begin (as in a species that expands by procreation).

I'm willing to admit to the reality that Cain, Abel, Seth and their other sons had to marry their sisters to start off, it is the reality of the situation, the Biblical prohibition came centuries later and unlike government laws it is not retroactive 

I'm willing to admit to the reality that Cain, Abel, Seth and their other sons had to marry their sisters to start off, it is the reality of the situation, the Biblical prohibition came centuries later and unlike government laws it is not retroactive 

no mention of sisters in that story

oh never mind, i looked it up.  in the Jewish  Book of Jubilees they mention other sons and daughters, and Cain married his sister Awan, course that's not the bible that this guy is prattling on about

Edited by Som

You are not looking hard enough or trying badly to be stubborn

Genesis 5:4 

And Adam knew his wife again, and she bore a son and called his name Seth, for she said, “God has appointed for me another offspring instead of Abel, for Cain killed him. Genesis 4:25 ESV

The days of Adam after he fathered Seth were 800 years; and he had other sons and daughters

In Genesis 5:1-5 it says:

This is the written account of Adam’s family line.

When God created mankind, he made them in the likeness of God. He created them male and female and blessed them. And he named them “Mankind”[a] when they were created.

When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth. After Seth was born, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughtersAltogether, Adam lived a total of 930 years, and then he died.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+5:1-5

Mind you...it is all hogwash in my opinion (I'm atheist) which is why I stay away from the Religion Thread.  I got suckered into this thread because it was originally posted in the "Real World News".  Now I'm trying to break free from all the BS being thrown around.  :)

You are not looking hard enough or trying badly to be stubborn

Genesis 5:4 

And Adam knew his wife again, and she bore a son and called his name Seth, for she said, “God has appointed for me another offspring instead of Abel, for Cain killed him. Genesis 4:25 ESV

The days of Adam after he fathered Seth were 800 years; and he had other sons and daughters

yes yes, i was fixing my post while you where replying...

In Genesis 5:1-5 it says:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+5:1-5

Mind you...it is all hogwash in my opinion (I'm atheist) which is why I stay away from the Religion Thread.  I got suckered into this thread because it was originally posted in the "Real World News".  Now I'm trying to break free from all the BS being thrown around.  :)

ya I'm with you on this one and I'm outta here ha :p  be funny if there was a massive terrorist attack now (not funny ha ha, funny ironic)

as for the harbingers, its an act of faith. not all will believe. I do. its a choice of free will. either you do or you don't. If I can reach one person, plant the seed of belief then I've done a good thing.

No, not when this seed requires believing things that are not true (e.g., that 1 WTC was built directly where one of the Twin Towers once stood).

well 1917 at the end of WWI a shemitah year, Russia, Germany, Austria and the Ottoman empire all fell. Shemitahs are when nations rise and fall. WWII Germany fell again in 1945 again a shemitah year.

I was willing to let your inconsistencies slip on by till this Bible stuff, which version of the Bible are you using? As a theology student you do know that what we have are various bad "translations" of old texts of dubious authorship? And even if you can say with 100% certainty that the original was indeed written by who it is claimed to have written it, unless you have the actual original manuscript, you are working with a flawed translation done with the translators biases plainly in the front.  sorry but as a Christian with a barin I have to question the whole "holy work of God" nonsense attributed to the Bible, no one really believes that who can think and is blind.

Also no matter your personal beliefs, if you are talking about the Christian God it's either God or Jehovah, again you would know this if you were really going to theology school 

Jehovah , Elohim, YvHv, El Elyon. many names. But the entire old testament pointed to the cross of Jesus Christ and what he would ultimately accomplish. the new testament also points to the cross and what was accomplished. 

No. I'm a bible student and prophecy is my special interest. I know its a lot but I've spent years studying this and Israel was destroyed for the SAME exact reason the US will unless we change our ways.

Isn't it true that a prophet (in the Biblical sense), if he is a true prophet, will never make a mistake in his prophecy?

I've seen a lot of people making prophecy but always filled with errors.

Isn't it true that a prophet (in the Biblical sense), if he is a true prophet, will never make a mistake in his prophecy?

I've seen a lot of people making prophecy but always filled with errors.

Prophecy has taken on a new meaning over time. Because the entire whole of HaShems plans for future events(prophecies) are complete, the term prophet is commonly used to mean teacher or to teach or one who teaches.